Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to wait for people to report (or you can use the normal sysupdater if you are sure of your files, it will be safer for now). For me it's ready, but it may have some bugs i didn't spot...

After compiling i get to this point:

[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/Updates/UpdateInfoEur.cpp.obj
[ 47%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/Updates/UpdateInfoJpn.cpp.obj
[ 52%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/Updates/UpdateInfoUsa.cpp.obj
[ 58%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/Updates/UpdateItem.cpp.obj
[ 64%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/Utility.cpp.obj
[ 70%] Linking CXX executable SafeSysUpdater
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/main.c.obj: In function `main':
main.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `main'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/Main.cpp.obj:Main.cpp:(.text+0xd38): first defined here
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/libsu.c.obj:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `isNew3DS'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/libsu.c.obj:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/libsu.c.obj: In function `suInit':
libsu.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `suInit'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/libsu.c.obj:libsu.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/libsu.c.obj: In function `memchunkhax2':
libsu.c:(.text+0x328): multiple definition of `memchunkhax2'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/libsu.c.obj:libsu.c:(.text+0x328): first defined here
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/libsu.c.obj:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `kernelHacked'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/libsu.c.obj:(.data+0x0): first defined here
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/libsu.c.obj:(.bss+0x4): multiple definition of `pidBackup'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/libsu.c.obj:(.bss+0x4): first defined here
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/libsu.c.obj: In function `patchServiceAccess':
libsu.c:(.text+0x144): multiple definition of `patchServiceAccess'
CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/source/SuperUserLib3DS/demo/source/libsu.c.obj:libsu.c:(.text+0x144): first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [SafeSysUpdater] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/SafeSysUpdater.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea where the issue might be?

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about 50 tries, SafeSysUpdater finally gave me the "HAX Success" message and completed the downgrade. I have successfully downgraded 3 3DS systems with this tool. An O3DS that was on 10.3, a 2DS on 9.9 and an N3DS on 9.4.

To the person above, you might want to edit the white text as you can't see it unless you highlight it.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

KPJZKC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We have found using safesysupdater causes softbricks on n3ds suggested to use the 0.4.2b version

I discovered this just now unfortunately, was downgrading a 9.8 N3DS XL to 9.2, kept running into the "failed to get" error with sysUpdater so switched to safeSysUpdater, half way through patching it randomly threw the Nintendo "An error has occurred, turn off power and turn it on again" error.

Can't boot with microSD in, can't read microSD if I put one in after boot, and can't open system settings or browser. Will have to try recovery mode :(

Reactions: Shadow#1

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I discovered this just now unfortunately, was downgrading a 9.8 N3DS XL to 9.2, kept running into the "failed to get" error with sysUpdater so switched to safeSysUpdater, half way through patching it randomly threw the Nintendo "An error has occurred, turn off power and turn it on again" error.

Can't boot with microSD in, can't read microSD if I put one in after boot, and can't open system settings or browser. Will have to try recovery mode :(

Did the error occur WHILE downgrading or AFTER downgrading? :o

EDIT: TBH it shouldnt matter which sysUpdate you use both versions use the same source code... SafeSys only has added file checks like MD5 and system/version check. Are you sure you didnt accidently use the o3DS update files for n3DS?

Last edited by Noroxus,

SylasMc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same thing just happened to me! I have a copy of Ocarina of Time and im hoping I can get into hax with that.

KPJZKC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did the error occur WHILE downgrading or AFTER downgrading? :o

EDIT: TBH it shouldnt matter which sysUpdate you use both versions use the same source code... SafeSys only has added file checks like MD5 and system/version check. Are you sure you didnt accidently use the o3DS update files for n3DS?

It happened during the downgrade - it was going through the different filenames successfully, then I saw NATIVE_FIRM, which also seemed successful, it did another .cia file or two and then the screen changed to the error message suddenly.

I've still got the files here, and they're the n3ds ones. Have checked the md5 too. Maybe I'm wrong to blame safesysupdate in that case, the same may well have happened with sysupdate if I had ever gotten past the "failed to get" errors.

Same thing just happened to me! I have a copy of Ocarina of Time and im hoping I can get into hax with that.

My 3ds was only partially bricked, it was very strange - I could boot with no SD/a clean SD, but the system would freeze if I tried accessing certain parts (system settings, browser), so I had no way of getting back to HBL to try to fix it :(

If it's a N3DS, you need to possibly format system and sd card before downgrade.

Mine was brand new, no downloads, no games launched in it - incidentally also formatted it right before downgrading too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball