ROM Hack [WIP] Rune Factory 4: Gay Lest/Lesbian Frey Mod

Sykaas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this is wild, I never expected to see this.

Might sound crazy, but I'm the creator of the original same-sex marriage mod. I never uploaded it here because I wasn't sure of the rules at the time. I uploaded it to another 3DS site focused on modding and homebrew, which is now defunct. I didn't realize until today that site had disappeared. I had a hard drive failure and turned to the internet to find my own mod. It is still installed on my 3DS so not entirely lost, but I was hoping to find an easy download for my partner's 3DS.

And here you all are trying to fix the text issues in the mod. It's a lot of work; you can see why I gave up on it. Reading through the thread, it sounds like you lost all the progress; that's a real shame.

Since the original mod pages are both gone now, the only proof I have of my claim is twofold:

First is my post history. You can see that I created this account to get help in making the mod. My first post on this account is about it. Never did get any help lol. Where was my big gay modders club in 2017??

Second is this screenshot of my email inbox, from the last few years of getting occasional replies to that now-extinct thread: https://i.gyazo.com/da7eb89a7a5de4696d87f3d636157d84.png

The funny thing is, I fully intended to port this to the switch if I could, but I've been sitting on an unopened switch lite since launch day, waiting for a hack. I don't want to update it so I haven't played it at all. I'm immensely disappointed that they didn't include true same-sex marriage in the switch remake.

Anyway it's really been heartwarming to see this thread and if I wasn't knee deep in other projects I might've picked it up again and tried again to fix the text. I'm not ruling it out entirely as a future project, but nobody get frothy for it!

EDIT: Looks like there already is a switch port! Or there's a thread about it anyway https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-rune-factory-special-4-same-sex-marriage-mod.558864/

I love you all and I'm glad we can love who we love while smelling of turnips.

Last edited by Sykaas,

xCastiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Sykaas This post was meant to be posted the same day you sent yours, but I had so much to do that I wasn't able to stop and create an account; now, I don't know if you believe in destiny, but oh boy was that a scary coincidence!
After so many years, I felt the urge to come back to RF4, it's such a lovely 3ds game, but not being able to be gay was urgh, and then I remembered:" Oh yeah, there was this awesome mod that I used eons ago that kinda fixed that!"
Can you imagine my surprise when I found this post and saw that you posted the exact same day? It's destiny, I tell you!
Now, I see everyone talking about missing files, which is very very sad; this mod is wonderful and finished or not it deserves to be preserved! I believe I still have some files, and if needed, I can try and find them! It’s an older version, sadly, but I believe it’s still better than nothing!

Thank you for creating this amazing mod, and thank you guys for trying to improve it! It means way more than I can put into words. Especially because english is hard lol

Kiyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, but can anybody help me and a friend? We really can't run the mod - is there a step by step guide for people who are using JKSV for the first time?

jasprose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the original download link down, im kinda stuck... even with stuff like jksm, i cant figure out how to actually add the .xlsx file or edit the game or the save with it. im not sure if im going about this the wrong way, as this is the first time using jksm... does anyone have any tips or know how to do this?

MARKsZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
today pc version release have a plan to port this port to pc version?
i love to use this mod more than just change appearance Q_Q

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.