ROM Hack [WIP] Rhythm Tengoku Best+ English Translation

Would you play an English version of RTGB+?

• Total voters

ObsidianB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 12 uploaded so you know I'm still working on this :)

All the strings in this update came from RandomKid150 (some were tweaked/localized). I wanted to make sure his hard work made it into the game!

This includes:
  • Descriptions for Lemon/River challenges (and the few missing titles from River World)
  • Intro text (pre/post Rhythm Test)
  • Story intro (meeting Tebiri)
  • Post-story text

Also...

dYJBfGa.jpg

MFW I just learned about the R+L+Down+B reboot trick when playing a HANS game. Oh the wasted minutes rebooting after changing strings...

ThatGuy...

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you planning to make a Layered FS patch for NTR CFW? NTR lets you add only the files you've modified and not the entire romfs.
https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual
EDIT: Made my own patch. Feel free to use it as a base for future patches:
https://mega.nz/#!NRsWGK5K!4KOrqqCnn1rXhCnvnNJMj4b_vmJ8CG1xKvKZJUDIqXU
Thanks! You're a life saver! My MD5 never fits the one one that's needed (presumably because I used the simple CIA converter to install Rhythm Heaven).

ObsidianB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you planning to make a Layered FS patch for NTR CFW? NTR lets you add only the files you've modified and not the entire romfs.
https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual
EDIT: Made my own patch. Feel free to use it as a base for future patches:
https://mega.nz/#!NRsWGK5K!4KOrqqCnn1rXhCnvnNJMj4b_vmJ8CG1xKvKZJUDIqXU

I just got NTR working on my 3DS but you beat me to the punch with the plugin :)

Once I get around to creating the custom patcher I'll probably ask that you remove this link since you are distributing Nintendo property alongside my own edits at this point (zlib files are archives). I'll set up the patcher to choose whether to create a ROMFS file for HANS/CIA or a LayeredFS file set.

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just got NTR working on my 3DS but you beat me to the punch with the plugin :)

Once I get around to creating the custom patcher I'll probably ask that you remove this link since you are distributing Nintendo property alongside my own edits at this point (zlib files are archives). I'll set up the patcher to choose whether to create a ROMFS file for HANS/CIA or a LayeredFS file set.
While I do understand, I don't think that's going to stop Nintendo from taking legal action against this project, should they decided to do so. (Though, chances are they probably won't) Besides, doesn't the xdelta patch also contain in-game files?

ObsidianB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do understand, I don't think that's going to stop Nintendo from taking legal action against this project, should they decided to do so. (Though, chances are they probably won't) Besides, doesn't the xdelta patch also contain in-game files?

The XDelta patch only contains my changes and can only be applied to an original ROMFS. There are many original files that are included in the zlib archives that are now being distributed via your LayeredFS package. Once I write the final patching tool it will take only my modified content (legally gray since I created it but it's modified content/reverse engineered) and apply it to the game to create either a singular ROMFS or individual LayeredFS files. The key is that it always requires you to have all of the original content beforehand, and from a clean dump of the game (since the inputs must be clean). I know in the grand scheme of things it's incredibly nit-picky but it's the best way I can think of to keep it as close to legal as I can. In other words, I do not want to make it appear that I am facilitating or encouraging piracy at any level, even though that's still a viable path for any translation project.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The XDelta patch only contains my changes and can only be applied to an original ROMFS. There are many original files that are included in the zlib archives that are now being distributed via your LayeredFS package. Once I write the final patching tool it will take only my modified content (legally gray since I created it but it's modified content/reverse engineered) and apply it to the game to create either a singular ROMFS or individual LayeredFS files. The key is that it always requires you to have all of the original content beforehand, and from a clean dump of the game (since the inputs must be clean). I know in the grand scheme of things it's incredibly nit-picky but it's the best way I can think of to keep it as close to legal as I can. In other words, I do not want to make it appear that I am facilitating or encouraging piracy at any level, even though that's still a viable path for any translation project.
I guess I'll remove the link to the patch then. Still, if sites like The Spriters Resources can live on for years distributing resources from games, I don't see why the zlibs in my patch could cause any sort of trouble.

ObsidianB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll remove the link to the patch then. Still, if sites like The Spriters Resources can live on for years distributing resources from games, I don't see why the zlibs in my patch could cause any sort of trouble.

As you said, they probably won't. And I'm not asking you to yet, since I haven't provided a suitable alternative.

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, appreciate your translation, it is great :)
I have spotted an issue however : prices are no longer displayed in the shop, you have to select items to get their prices.

ObsidianB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heads up on progress: RandomKid150 has been powering through and translating the story text at break-neck speeds! I can barely can't keep up! The next update will, once again, be all of his wonderful translation work (give or take a few paraphrasings) once I get it all in. As of right now I'm in the middle of adding the translations for Orange Land.

:grog: Cheers, RandomKid150!

RandomKid150

Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heads up on progress: RandomKid150 has been powering through and translating the story text at break-neck speeds! I can barely can't keep up! The next update will, once again, be all of his wonderful translation work (give or take a few paraphrasings) once I get it all in. As of right now I'm in the middle of adding the translations for Orange Land.

:grog: Cheers, RandomKid150!
:D

MatsiPls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for all your efforts translating this game and thanks to RandomKid150 too! :grog::grog:

At this rate you'll get the game full translated before Nintendo release the official .... if they're planning to release the game :cry:

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was wondering are you planning to add the english vocals from RH and RHF at some point?

That would be an odd thing to do. Karate Man is the only (correct me if I'm wrong) game that has English songs which are Struck by the Rain and the Fever song. So you'd awkwardly have two songs in English and the rest in Japanese.

Reactions: SLiV3R

MatsiPls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That would be an odd thing to do. Karate Man is the only (correct me if I'm wrong) game that has English songs which are Struck by the Rain and the Fever song. So you'd awkwardly have two songs in English and the rest in Japanese.

Frog Hop, Fan Club 1 and 2, Airboarder too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1