1. Kartik

OP Kartik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this! I'll make sure to link this to the front post as soon as I release v2.0(to prevent confusion). This gives me the idea of whether we should have a github repo where users can submit their configurations, which can then be downloaded and used by others.

Last edited by Kartik, Apr 5, 2021
    Nutez and NanashiFinal13 like this.
  2. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    That would be awesome! it will be like CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES but with remaps! I wonder if it would be possible to have an app to download remaps on the 3DS like Sharkive/Checkpoint. That would be fantastic.

Nutez likes this.
  3. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    If rehid gets a bit more mainstream and its usage increases, I'm sure people will be delighted to have such an app with remaps uploaded by users, that automates the process.

Last edited by BETA215, Apr 5, 2021
    NanashiFinal13 likes this.
  4. Kartik

India
    I think the main problem with rehid rn is that most users deem editing/creating the JSON file as "too technical". I wonder if we could create a website/ or a 3ds app that asks users what buttons they want to remap and then generates the json for them.

NanashiFinal13 likes this.
  5. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    To be honest,i think its pretty simple to create/edit the .json file, still, im agree with you. I saw comments of rehid on 3dshacks reddit and multiple user consider the .json file too technical/advance or complicated. But in fact its more simple that buttonswamp3DS, because you don't need to compile it every time that you want to change the remapping, this support more buttons and even a configuration per game.

Nutez likes this.
  6. Kartik

India
    I think I have got CPAD>DPAD mapping to work correctly, please test and confirm.

Attached Files:

Nutez, ber71 and NanashiFinal13 like this.
  7. Kartik

India
    I have further got DPAD>CPAD mapping to work, this can be used in games like Mario kart 7, for controlling the cart using only the dpad.

Attached Files:

Nutez, NanashiFinal13 and ber71 like this.
  8. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Amazing work Kartik! Works as expected :D

The only drawback is that sometimes pressing the home button crashes the 3DS. But besides that, perfect job!

9. Kartik

India
    Can you send me the crash log, also is this happening with the games too?

10. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Sadly, it just crashes with no Luma screen. It just freezes and system won't respond until you restart the 3DS. Happens me with games mainly.

11. Fierfek

Fierfek Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried using the latest release here with OoT but the motion controls don't work - is this just a limitation I've gotta deal with?

12. Kartik

India
    Yup, afaik motion controls use gyroscope which is not implemented rn, so it won't work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hmmm could you try the github release and see if that freezes the 3ds too?

13. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Trying V1.0, no freezes happened. But freezes in latest version are random, so, will keep testing.

14. Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks, shouldn't have doubted that you understood what I meant. I'm sorry...

MarioKartFan and Nutez like this.
  15. Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer

Italy
    I was wondering: I can assign a control reconfiguration to a specific game, but this doesn't "reset" when going back to the Home Menu, so is it possible to assign a rehid.json file to the ID of the Home Menu (EUR in my case, "000400102002D000"), that just reassignes all the buttons to themselves? I tried, and it doesn't work. Maybe because the Home Menu app is stored in NAND, or maybe because it's always held in memory?
    I'm asking this because with some buttons reassigned is impossible to navigate the Home Menu.
    By the way, I think that @Kartik is doing a very good job, rehid works really well for being released so recently! I'll be happy to help in the feedback process.

Last edited by Stefano_Lassandro, Apr 5, 2021
    MarioKartFan and Nutez like this.
  16. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan GBAtemp Fan

Algeria
    @Kartik I agree with the prior poster. This is an absolutely incredible (and now essential) piece of software. I honestly cannot believe how well it works. However, it would be good if there were a way to reset the input controls to default once we return to home screen.

17. Kartik

India
    I think I have fixed the issue with it crashing on home menu button press, pls test.

Attached Files:

Arcano_cz and Nutez like this.
  18. Kartik

India
    I believe I have fixed this too, please check. The settings will only persist when the app is running in background/foreground. As soon as it is closed by pressing the close button in home menu, the controls will reset to default.

Attached Files:

19. Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer

Italy
    @Kartik Congrats! I tested this version on several homebrew apps and I can get back to home with no problems! It also resets correctly the buttons when in the Home Menu. I've noticed another problem tho: if I pause the game and go to the Home Menu, and then get back to the game, the C-stick stops working (in-game). That's the case only if the input of the C-stick is remapped. Even if I close the software and relaunch it, the C-stick won't work (in this state, it works in other titles and in the Home Menu). After the console is rebooted, it works on the title again.
    I also tried exiting the game and playing one that requires the use of the C-stick: it will work on that one, but it still won't work for the title that "broke" it.
    Hope that's enough info. Thanks again for taking the time to develop such a useful and simple to use program!
    Edit: fixed typo

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That would be cool! I'd love to share some of my configs too

Last edited by Stefano_Lassandro, Apr 10, 2021
  20. Kartik

India
    What game are you tetsing with and could you share the config for that game?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - remapping, Button, [WIP]