Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I released the 1.0.6-beta-b.
The navigation in box selector should be fully functional, with DPad and stylus.

Well, I said at some point, it is useful information and instead of showing that information as text in upper screen showing the propper sprite would be great. I know it adds to the filesize, but there aren't that many formes that can be stored in the box (well, 20 vivillion, 15 flabebe line, deerling/sawsbuck....schoolgirl pikachu also has its own sprites, etc...)

Anyway, about the memory information, I'm 99% sure this is how the bank does it (and trading is almost the same, but we are interested in bank)

Data changes when trade/bank RECEIVER is NotOT::
(The following data are relative to the trainer that is RECEIVING the pokemon)
Code:
0x78-0x8F    Name of NotOT is put here
0x90-0x91    Null Terminator
0x92        NotOT Gender (0 - Male, 1 - Female) is put here

0x93        Current Handler is set to 1 (NotOT)

0x94-0x9D    Geolocation Data: when the pokemon is transfered to a different game and the receiver is NotOT, the following happens:
    geolocation 4 is moved to geolocation 5 slot
    geolocation 3 is moved to geolocation 4 slot
    geolocation 2 is moved to geolocation 3 slot
    geolocation 1 is moved to geolocation 2 slot
    geolocation 1 is set to that of the new NotOT
    0x94-0x95    Geolocation 1 - (Region,Country)
    0x96-0x97    Geolocation 2 - (Region,Country)
    0x98-0x99    Geolocation 3 - (Region,Country)
    0x9A-0x9B    Geolocation 4 - (Region,Country)
    0x9C-0x9D    Geolocation 5 - (Region,Country)
0x9E-0x9F    Unused
0xA0-0xA1    Unused
0xA2    NotOT Friendship: this sets friendship to base friendship (depends on species: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_friendship)
0xA3    NotOT Affection: this is reset to 0
0xA4    NotOT Memory Intensity: all traded pokemon have this value set to 0x01
0xA5    NotOT Memory Line: this is set to 0x04 *Pokemon* became *Trainer*’s friend when it arrived via Link Trade at... *area*."
0xA6    NotOT Memory Feeling: randomly assigned, ranges from 0x00 to 0x09 when traded from pokemon bank (only 10 out of the 24 possible values are used when trading). This is the conclusion after checking about 200 bank transfered pokemon. Normal trades seem to range from 0x00 to 0x12 (19 possible values). I have yet to see the other 5 values being used
0xA7    Unused
0xA8-0xA9    NotOT Memory TextVar: for pokemon bank this is set to 0x0000 ("somewhere"). For normal trades that would be the player's location when the game was saved prior to trading (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Memory_Girl#Locations) and feeling value
0xAA-0xAB    Unused
0xAC-0xAD    Unused
0xAE    Fullness: this is mantained, it's a global value for OT and NotOT
0xAF    Enjoyment:  this is mantained, it's a global value for OT and NotOT
Data changes when trade/bank RECEIVER is OT:
Code:
0x93        Current Handler is set to 0 (OT)

Yes, that's all that happens.
Good work!
I was joking about alt.form!
I'll try to do the transfer simulation.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope that it won't be too hard to add the transfer simulation.

I still didn't have the time to try the hb, my bad. I have to find time for it tomorrow!

Just a small question, does the hb show various hidden information on the screen? I was thinking that it would be useful to display informations like SID for eggs for example! (For people who don't know about it: if the SID is the same as the TID of the player, the Pokemon will hatch shiney. So when you breed a lot, and if you have the hardware for it, you can just check the SID of the eggs, and just do the steps for the egg that has the good SID)

Or it would be nice to show IVs and EVs maybe?

If it is already the case, sorry for my useless post, otherwise it is just an idea, I don't know if it is possible or if it is something difficult to put in place...

I'll try it tomorrow, I swear it. :grog:

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope that it won't be too hard to add the transfer simulation.

I still didn't have the time to try the hb, my bad. I have to find time for it tomorrow!

Just a small question, does the hb show various hidden information on the screen? I was thinking that it would be useful to display informations like SID for eggs for example! (For people who don't know about it: if the SID is the same as the TID of the player, the Pokemon will hatch shiney. So when you breed a lot, and if you have the hardware for it, you can just check the SID of the eggs, and just do the steps for the egg that has the good SID)

Or it would be nice to show IVs and EVs maybe?

If it is already the case, sorry for my useless post, otherwise it is just an idea, I don't know if it is possible or if it is something difficult to put in place...

I'll try it tomorrow, I swear it. :grog:
Nah it's not, I hope.
As for now, the draft top screen displays:
  • The species name
  • The TID & SID
  • The PID & PSV
  • The Moves IDs
  • A star if the Pokémon is shiny
But even if the Pokémon is an egg, the bottom screen will display the Pokémon sprite, not the egg sprite.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I said at some point, it is useful information and instead of showing that information as text in upper screen showing the propper sprite would be great. I know it adds to the filesize, but there aren't that many formes that can be stored in the box (well, 20 vivillion, 15 flabebe line, deerling/sawsbuck....schoolgirl pikachu also has its own sprites, etc...)

Anyway, about the memory information, I'm 99% sure this is how the bank does it (and trading is almost the same, but we are interested in bank)

Data changes when trade/bank RECEIVER is NotOT::
(The following data are relative to the trainer that is RECEIVING the pokemon)
Code:
0x78-0x8F    Name of NotOT is put here
0x90-0x91    Null Terminator
0x92        NotOT Gender (0 - Male, 1 - Female) is put here

0x93        Current Handler is set to 1 (NotOT)

0x94-0x9D    Geolocation Data: when the pokemon is transfered to a different game and the receiver is NotOT, the following happens:
    geolocation 4 is moved to geolocation 5 slot
    geolocation 3 is moved to geolocation 4 slot
    geolocation 2 is moved to geolocation 3 slot
    geolocation 1 is moved to geolocation 2 slot
    geolocation 1 is set to that of the new NotOT
    0x94-0x95    Geolocation 1 - (Region,Country)
    0x96-0x97    Geolocation 2 - (Region,Country)
    0x98-0x99    Geolocation 3 - (Region,Country)
    0x9A-0x9B    Geolocation 4 - (Region,Country)
    0x9C-0x9D    Geolocation 5 - (Region,Country)
0x9E-0x9F    Unused
0xA0-0xA1    Unused
0xA2    NotOT Friendship: this sets friendship to base friendship (depends on species: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_friendship)
0xA3    NotOT Affection: this is reset to 0
0xA4    NotOT Memory Intensity: all traded pokemon have this value set to 0x01
0xA5    NotOT Memory Line: this is set to 0x04 *Pokemon* became *Trainer*’s friend when it arrived via Link Trade at... *area*."
0xA6    NotOT Memory Feeling: randomly assigned, ranges from 0x00 to 0x09 when traded from pokemon bank (only 10 out of the 24 possible values are used when trading). This is the conclusion after checking about 200 bank transfered pokemon. Normal trades seem to range from 0x00 to 0x12 (19 possible values). I have yet to see the other 5 values being used
0xA7    Unused
0xA8-0xA9    NotOT Memory TextVar: for pokemon bank this is set to 0x0000 ("somewhere"). For normal trades that would be the player's location when the game was saved prior to trading (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Memory_Girl#Locations) and feeling value
0xAA-0xAB    Unused
0xAC-0xAD    Unused
0xAE    Fullness: this is mantained, it's a global value for OT and NotOT
0xAF    Enjoyment:  this is mantained, it's a global value for OT and NotOT
Data changes when trade/bank RECEIVER is OT:
Code:
0x93        Current Handler is set to 0 (OT)

Yes, that's all that happens.

I made some things...
What do you think about the source code?
The friendship is set to 70 for all.
EDIT: I didn't even use the convert function. I'm so tired...
So I removed the false release!

Last edited by Gocario, , Reason: Removing binaries

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
Can i also just download multiples of this bank to get more space?
You can backup the bank data and use a clean one and then switch between bank A and B.
But the easier way would be to change up part of script and either increase or remove the Boxlimit and then rebuild it.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already filled up bank. Also different Sets and shinys, formes, events, old events with old transfer moves
You can probably backup the database and swap it when you want to switch "banks". It should be the bank file in /pkbank.

I haven't tried it myself, but I only have a few boxes to store. Haven't even finished my dex.

Reactions: Thunder Kai

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I noticed the .smdh had some corrupted characters on where the é goes. Here is a screenshot. I tested with other smdh editors just to make sure it was not the font from the homebrew launcher mod.

746sghm.png
Attached I'll leave a fixed version.:)

Attachments

• PHBank_Fixed_Smdh.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by JJTapia19,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
About multiple instances of PHBank, you could always hex edit the 3dsx file and change phbank.bin to phban2.bin...etc
Or holding a button at startup makes PHBank show a "Select bank screen" where you can select up to X banks and the file used is phbank1.bin, phbank2.bin... etc.
Still the same as official bank, just allowing multiple databases of it.

EDIT: I didn't even use the convert function. I'm so tired...
So I removed the false release!
lol, rest up man, there's no rush. Glad something came up and didn't get to test it though, I would have been puzzled.

I'm gonna make a lookup table for friendship using an u8 array so you don't have to do it. A more memory optimized way would be using only 3 bits for the information, but maybe 721 bytes of data aren't that much for 3ds and using an array .

Oh, and should the bank block hoopa and volcanion until they are released since you are trying to replicate official bank?

Last edited by suloku,

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I noticed the .smdh had some corrupted characters on where the é goes. Here is a screenshot. I tested with other smdh editors just to make sure it was not the font from the homebrew launcher mod.

746sghm.png
Attached I'll leave a fixed version.:)
The problem was the make, which don't care about my é... Thank you!

About multiple instances of PHBank, you could always hex edit the 3dsx file and change phbank.bin to phban2.bin...etc
Or holding a button at startup makes PHBank show a "Select bank screen" where you can select up to X banks and the file used is phbank1.bin, phbank2.bin... etc.
Still the same as official bank, just allowing multiple databases of it.

I'm gonna make a lookup table for friendship using an u8 array. A more memory optimized way would be using only 3 bits for the information, but maybe 721 bytes of data aren't that much for 3ds.

Oh, and should the bank block hoopa and volcanion until they are released since you are trying to replicate official bank?
Multiple-bank should be easy.
I did a 721 bytes array: http://pastebin.com/q0ZTF0bR, but didn't commit it.
I got Hoopa from a trade, isn't it bankable?!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What happens if:
  1. OT place a Pokémon in bank.
  2. HT retrieve this Pokémon from bank.
  3. HT replace the Pokémon to bank.
  4. HT retrieve again the Pokémon from bank.
The Geo (Region/Country) will be updated twice, right?

Reactions: Margen67

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem was the make, which don't care about my é... Thank you!

Multiple-bank should be easy.
I did a 721 bytes array: http://pastebin.com/q0ZTF0bR, but didn't commit it.
I got Hoopa from a trade, isn't it bankable?!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What happens if:
  1. OT place a Pokémon in bank.
  2. HT retrieve this Pokémon from bank.
  3. HT replace the Pokémon to bank.
  4. HT retrieve again the Pokémon from bank.
The Geo (Region/Country) will be updated twice, right?

Well, there goes my 721 bytes array :P, glad I used some search and replace from the bulbapedia page and got it in 5 minutes, and not manually typed it.
Glad to know you like the multiple bank idea, that would content those asking for more boxes.
Yes, I forgot hoopa is already released, the unbankable one is volcanion only I think, but I'll test.

About region updating, I'm gonna make some tests to find out that. HT data doesn't store any identifier for him, so my guess is that region is not updated if new region is the same as latest region (slot 1), since the pokemon is in the same region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo