Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Try getting a omega ruby CIA as I don't think gateway saves are editable, also this is not compatible with XY yet

The OP seems to mention that it works on Emunand so I am a little confused why it doesn't in my case? I have the original Omega ruby cart if that makes any difference. I assume CIA is a fancy term for ROM? What's the next easiest option I can take? Thanks!

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
The OP seems to mention that it works on Emunand so I am a little confused why it doesn't in my case? I have the original Omega ruby cart if that makes any difference. I assume CIA is a fancy term for ROM? What's the next easiest option I can take? Thanks!
Does it have a save file/ latest boot.3dsx from smea ?

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It does work on Emunand with a legit oras cart. Simply launch it using the Homebrew Launcher. There are a lot of options to get the homebrew launcher on Emunand. The easiest one is to install yellow8 homebrew launcher on your emunand. It will open the gates of homebrew softwarw on your 3ds

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First post now contains a new update with some minor bug fixing: eggs and empty boxes shows correctly on the screen, font is not glitched anymore.

I added an export functionality and now the import functionality is really user friendly. Place every .pk6 file you desire into the /PCHex++/import folder on your sd (this folder is also automatically generated at first startup) press Y on the desired location and choose your file!

Thanks A LOT to some guinea pigs who are patient enough to test this for me as i don't always have access to a real 3ds. A little screenshot with the new import function:

lz4RN4B.png

Thanks to @Hayleia for the graphical help!
The XY red screen bug turned out to be more subtle than i thought. This one will be fixed in the next update

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
First post now contains a new update with some minor bug fixing: eggs and empty boxes shows correctly on the screen, font is not glitched anymore.

I added an export functionality and now the import functionality is really user friendly. Place every .pk6 file you desire into the /PCHex++/import folder on your sd (this folder is also automatically generated at first startup) press Y on the desired location and choose your file!

Thanks A LOT to some guinea pigs who are patient enough to test this for me as i don't always have access to a real 3ds. A little screenshot with the new import function:

lz4RN4B.png

The XY red screen bug turned out to be more subtle than i thought. This one will be fixed in the next update
Great (:

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea

lz4RN4B.png

Day by day, the PCHex++ gets better and better...
I really like how this is getting. An excellent tool/homebrew. :bow: top!

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Doesn't seem to work for me, I'm using a N3DSXL with 9.9 firmware, trying to edit OR, when I select my game from the title launcher I get 2 black screens with some random pixels on the left of the top screen.

I'm also using Mashers Grid Launcher with the app in a custom folder that isn't the 3ds folder if that helps or makes a difference

Last edited by Baccabechoppin,

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Doesn't seem to work for me, I'm using a N3DSXL with 9.9 firmware, trying to edit OR, when I select my game from the title launcher I get 2 black screens with some random pixels on the left of the top screen.

I'm also using Mashers Grid Launcher with the app in a custom folder that isn't the 3ds folder if that helps or makes a difference
It probably does

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea

It work in custom folder.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a .cia version? Or plans for a .cia version?

There is a technical reason behind the absence of a .cia for PCHex++ (and for the original PCHex and PHBank, if that matters)

The reason is that the direct savefile importing/exporting relies on a feature provided by the homebrew launcher and it won't work without it (in fact it doesn't even work on citra)

A .cia version is possible indeed (and it does already exists on my pc, i use it to test the program on Citra XD) but it doesn't directly access the savefile. There is a way to access a savefile without the homebrew launcher but implementing it at this stage would be useless. Expecially now that accessing the homebrew launcher on Emunand is easier than ever thanks to the Homebrew Launcher's cia by yellow8

Happy holidays to everyone! As soon as i finish unpacking my presents there will be a big update! (i have a lot of free time during the holidays XD)

[EDIT]I even bought a 3ds for christmas. Now developing and testing will be a lot faster (i was forced to only use citra)

Last edited by Slashcash,

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is off-topic but your name is Pokechampion and your using a pokemon hack tool.... Just saying. :D
What I meant by that is that with this hack tool. I'd be able to edit what Pokémon I want and inject them into one of the boxes. But. Could I help out with this hack tool. For example. If this needs any more work on. Or if another error happens to where that could be repaired/fixed

Last edited by PokeChampion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol