Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to clarify for me, who's somewhat of a noob to this stuff. I put the folder in the zip into the folder on my SD card named "Nintendo 3ds"? Then after that, it says "Select the desired game from the menu. And let it load." How do I go about selecting the desired game? Do I put the SD card back into the 3ds, start it up and there's a new program there? The instructions are somewhat vague for someone new to things like me.

P.S. My goal is to back up my save data for Monster Hunter X, so I can delete my current version of the CIA and update to a newer CIA that has an updated english patch.

EDIT: I think I'm doing something wrong. I copied the PChax folder over to my Nintendo 3ds folder in the SD card then put it back in my 3ds and booted it up. However there's no new program in the emuNAND, so I'm not sure what you mean by "Select the desired game from the menu. And let it load." I tried just launching the game itself, then after removing the SD card and looking at files, but there's nothing new. Are there certain 3DS's that this isn't compatible with? I have a japanese 3ds, but other english programs work fine.

Last edited by Mavsynchroid,

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
So to clarify for me, who's somewhat of a noob to this stuff. I put the folder in the zip into the folder on my SD card named "Nintendo 3ds"? Then after that, it says "Select the desired game from the menu. And let it load." How do I go about selecting the desired game? Do I put the SD card back into the 3ds, start it up and there's a new program there? The instructions are somewhat vague for someone new to things like me.

P.S. My goal is to back up my save data for Monster Hunter X, so I can delete my current version of the CIA and update to a newer CIA that has an updated english patch.

EDIT: I think I'm doing something wrong. I copied the PChax folder over to my Nintendo 3ds folder in the SD card then put it back in my 3ds and booted it up. However there's no new program in the emuNAND, so I'm not sure what you mean by "Select the desired game from the menu. And let it load." I tried just launching the game itself, then after removing the SD card and looking at files, but there's nothing new. Are there certain 3DS's that this isn't compatible with? I have a japanese 3ds, but other english programs work fine.
This is for Pokémon

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here's hoping that the new update comes soon!

The work just slowed down a bit because i switched on to the new version of ctrulib, some things changed from the old version so it needed a bit of rework.
Some bugs occurred, i am working with @Gocario who is having the same difficulties with his PHBank to solve them

It is something like The Pokemon Homebrew Bug Extermination Company

Last edited by Slashcash,

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same problem like others, red screen with X/Y
My console is an o3ds with the last firm in emunand.
I apologize for my english

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just wanted to say that in the past days i had to take a pause on development for personal reasons (well, real life got stuck in the way XD) but yesterday i re-started. Screenshot here:

gbatscreen.png
gbatscreen2.png

(Touching the pokeballs will make the pop-up menu appear and let you modify parameters)

I'm aware of the red screen bug, i worked with Gocario to fix it and it turned out to be a "bug" of ctrulib instead. We found a solution together (and started a little collaboration) just wait for the next update.

Cheers

Last edited by Slashcash,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just wanted to say that in the past days i had to take a pause on development for personal reasons (well, real life got stuck in the way XD) but yesterday i re-started. Screenshot here:

gbatscreen.png
gbatscreen2.png

(Touching the pokeballs will make the pop-up menu appear and let you modify parameters)

I'm aware of the red screen bug, i worked with Gocario to fix it and it turned out to be a "bug" of ctrulib instead. We found a solution together (and started a little collaboration) just wait for the next update.

Cheers
This is awesome!!!
:D
Can't wait for the next update!
Best of luck with the fix!

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very exited for this thanks for all the work you and gocario are doing.

If I can have 1 suggestions it would be to change the font to something a little thicker if possible, it Looks a little jittery and thin but just a suggestion anyways good job again.

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post now contains a new update with some minor bug fixing: eggs and empty boxes shows correctly on the screen, font is not glitched anymore.

I added an export functionality and now the import functionality is really user friendly. Place every .pk6 file you desire into the /PCHex++/import folder on your sd (this folder is also automatically generated at first startup) press Y on the desired location and choose your file!

Thanks A LOT to some guinea pigs who are patient enough to test this for me as i don't always have access to a real 3ds. A little screenshot with the new import function:

lz4RN4B.png

Thanks to @Hayleia for the graphical help!
The XY red screen bug turned out to be more subtle than i thought. This one will be fixed in the next update
do i need to be on the latest update of oras to do this?

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You normally don't.
well then i need some support because when i start it up i dont get a import folder so i made my own but it wont let me import or export

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well then i need some support because when i start it up i dont get a import folder so i made my own but it wont let me import or export
i will try re instaling

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i will try re instaling
Oh wait, you were quoting an image.
I don't think that @Slashcash pushed it into a release yet.
The last commit published was on Dec 14, 2015.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things