Homebrew [WIP] Open source smash mod selector

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm an advocate for free software and Smash Selector isn't open source, I learned C++ to develop this homebrew. Since this is my first homebrew and first C++ program, this is possibly the buggiest thing on the planet.

Features:
- It switches your modpacks like Smash Selector.
- It reads your desc.txt like Smash Selector.
- For modpack authors: If your modpack contains a settings.csv you can switch around options in your modpack. Refer to main.cpp on how this works. This feature is currently WIP, but it does work and has been tested.

Planned features:
- Online modpack updating, but not how Smash Selector does it.
- Button remapping, I guess?

Bugs:
- Launching smash actually just crashes your 3DS. Or at least, that's what it does on mine.
- It might have a bug when moving around folders (only when using a settings.csv). It's hard to reproduce, so I can't really tell what's going on. Some folders move fine and others don't, it seems to be dependent on the filename.
- This isn't a bug, but main.cpp is a gigantic mess.

The source code:
https://github.com/RhythmLunatic/smashlauncher-neo

Screenshots:
lUmUVOg.png

eTjMwSB.png

Last edited by Deleted member 282441,
Reactions: Beerus

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point in open sourcing?
So people can contribute to it, fix bugs, and add features they want. Projects like freeShop, Citra, Retroarch are open source and are contributed to by the community. I don't expect people to contribute to this launcher in its current state, but because of its open source nature you can inspect the source code to learn how to build your own, or copy the code and create your own version.

Simple explanation: I want a smash mod selector with features that Smash Selector doesn't have. SS isn't open source, so this had to be written from scratch. Next time, some developer can use this because it's open source.

Last edited by Deleted member 282441,

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Main reason I want an open source Mod Selector : You can make forwarders on the home menu since all the code is accessible to literally anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc