ROM Hack [WIP] Ohana3DS tool

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, Kirby: Triple Deluxe uses .bch but can't be opened with Ohana3DS. I already sent Reisyukaku a test model and he said he'd contact you, but just posting this here in case he forgot.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, it is supported... try it in the newest Ohana
iXzM2FM.png

i do like the animation support for bcskla tho! (have came across a few thats broken tho)
yQ2Uvdy.png
3yeZAbN.png

RZOaTdw.png

Reactions: Reserved

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yep, it works if I run as administrator.

Neat.

EDIT: Wait, no it doesn't.

Drat. Anyways, I think it has something to do with the GPU, as it just hangs and NVIDIA Backend just uses 20% CPU.

Last edited by robotortoise,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those textures are hideous, even for a 3DS game.
you do realize that most handheld games use small textures, right? most are only 256x256.. only a few are at 512x512.. but they're mostly 128x128 (same goes for the PSP games), and plus take into account on the small screen that its being played on, it'll always look good on a small screen compared to a full screen

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you do realize that most handheld games use small textures, right? most are only 256x256.. only a few are at 512x512.. but they're mostly 128x128 (same goes for the PSP games), and plus take into account on the small screen that its being played on, it'll always look good on a small screen compared to a full screen
Yes I do realize all that, but I know that hammer texture could have been done much better.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do realize all that, but I know that hammer texture could have been done much better.
without the combination of shaders and atmosphere applied in-game,there's no way any 3ds game's textures usually look good outside of their game of choice unless they were already pretty dark-atmosphered models to begin with

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated the bug on the first post to fix a issue related to yesterdays build related to bch skeletal animations.
Also pushed everything to the github repository.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome cool.

question.. how can we tell how many frames the animation has for bones and materials? (mostly materials cause bone animations i can figure out with maya, but would be nice to see how many frames it has when played in Ohana)

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
awesome cool.

question.. how can we tell how many frames the animation has for bones and materials? (mostly materials cause bone animations i can figure out with maya, but would be nice to see how many frames it has when played in Ohana)
its not possible atm. I plan to add a HUD on the screen with information like triangles count, bones count, textures count, current/total frames of all supported animations...

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not possible atm. I plan to add a HUD on the screen with information like triangles count, bones count, textures count, current/total frames of all supported animations...
hmm alright, well at least its being planned! Keep up the good work!

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I dunno. It doesn't seem to want to open. :(

I've tried running it as admin, recompiling it myself, running as admin and in Windows 7 compatibility mode...

I got it to open once but I'm not sure what I did.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah... I dunno. It doesn't seem to want to open. :(

I've tried running it as admin, recompiling it myself, running as admin and in Windows 7 compatibility mode...

I got it to open once but I'm not sure what I did.
if it doesnt even want to open, then its odd. Because DirectX stuff is only initialized when you open a model file.
also if it doesnt show any error message, theres nothing I can do to help.

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it doesnt even want to open, then its odd. Because DirectX stuff is only initialized when you open a model file.
also if it doesnt show any error message, theres nothing I can do to help.
To be honest, I think it's an issue with Nvidia, as whenever I run the program, the Nvidia Backend process's CPU usage ramps up to 20%. I noticed the DLL files you're using are from 2005. Is it possible they're not compatible with Windows 10 or DirectX 12?

I'm also updating my graphics drivers and Windows updates, as it may be on my end.

Nvidia released a major graphics driver release a few days ago that says to have improved performance, I wonder if that screwed something up....

EDIT: Actually, you know what? I'm reading reports online that people are having issues with CPU usage at 20% regardless of what's running. Supposedly it has to do with Shadowplay....

Last edited by robotortoise,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on windows 10 and it works perfectly for me.. all i had to do was run it as admin once, then whenever i want to open it, i just have to load it up regularly. Not sure why it wont open for u tho

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm.

Trying to open Triple Deluxe files gives me an "unhandled exception", saying that it can't access the directory where the model files are held. I've tried running it as admin, it doesn't change anything.

pls halp

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm.

Trying to open Triple Deluxe files gives me an "unhandled exception", saying that it can't access the directory where the model files are held. I've tried running it as admin, it doesn't change anything.

pls halp
the models are stored under..
romfs\gfx\STD\Step

they all load up fine for me

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I dunno. I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers. It still doesn't work.

I tried updating. Still doesn't open.

Heck, the program doesn't crash/open or anything if I delete the DirectX files!

It just....circles. The little windows cursor circles.

So I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @SylverReZ time to bake a cake with baker man :ninja: