ROM Hack [WIP] Ohana3DS tool

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would the next update of Ohana Rebirth have color alpha's exported with the models? if not, thats fine since i can just do that manually in 3ds max. I know that FE:A models load properly but there's some that wont load due to ENV textures/CGFX error.

Mind expanding on that, or if you have the time taking a look at a Link Between Worlds model and let me know if they are similar?

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind expanding on that, or if you have the time taking a look at a Link Between Worlds model and let me know if they are similar?
I have looked at ALBW models, and character/items are fine, but stage elements seems to have some meshes missing. I already talked about it on Page3.. I havent looked at Triforce Heroes yet altho i have the game dumped and all.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have looked at ALBW models, and character/items are fine, but stage elements seems to have some meshes missing. I already talked about it on Page3.. I havent looked at Triforce Heroes yet altho i have the game dumped and all.

Oh sorry. I've just been trying to figure out with my limited knowledge what causes the issue with texture edits I've been having. It seems there is a "basic color scheme" on the model itself that overrides most of the textures, causing them to come into view only when the model is close to the camera. The farther away you get, less of the edited texture is seen.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I updated the build on the first post:

Changelog:
- Added support for Fossil Fighters BCH version
- Added support for Kirby Triple Deluxe BCH version
- Fixed issue pointed by rikimtasu
- Fixed missing meshes on some models (like Dragon Quest VIII and Zelda ALBW, through I didnt tested the later)
- Removed camera and lights windows that was pretty useless anyway, I decided to leave this data out of the viewer

That is it for now. Please let me know if there are any regressions, since I changed some stuff on the way bchs are parsed to try fixing the missing mesh problem.

Also, those changes aren't on the github yet cause my local repo is a mess atm. I should commit it tomorrow or next week.

Last edited by gdkchan,

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I updated the build on the first post:

Changelog:
- Added support for Fossil Fighters BCH version
- Added support for Kirby Triple Deluxe BCH version
- Fixed issue pointed by rikimtasu
- Fixed missing meshes on some models (like Dragon Quest VIII and Zelda ALBW, through I didnt tested the later)
- Removed camera and lights windows that was pretty useless anyway, I decided to leave this data out of the viewer

That is it for now. Please let me know if there are any regressions, since I changed some stuff on the way bchs are parsed to try fixing the missing mesh problem.

Also, those changes aren't on the github yet cause my local repo is a mess atm. I should commit it tomorrow or next week.

Hey looks good so far, I think the model that controls that weird texture problem is linkmodel_ls. Any way to save changes with this version yet? Even if not, good work on this.

Evilpape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your hard work.

There's an issue with some of the Fossil Frontier models in this build some of the mesh doesn't load and isn't exported

Compared side by side with old Ohana.
F9iHYVj.png

Last edited by Evilpape,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.. seems like fixing missing meshes for most bch files... made some not show up in the new compared to old.. oh my (so far i havent came across that issue yet)

btw Riki, what game is that from?

rikimtasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
well.. seems like fixing missing meshes for most bch files... made some not show up in the new compared to old.. oh my (so far i havent came across that issue yet)

btw Riki, what game is that from?
7th Dragon 3 VFD,which is a RPG that had released on PSP and NDS.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Figured out the problem with Fossil Frontiers, but I have no idea if its related to the problem with 7th Dragon model since I dont have this one. Now I need to find a way to fix it without breaking atelier rorona... oh man.

btw, this problem dont have anything to do with the last update, if was there for quite some time.

Edit: @rikimtasu please send the model with problems.

Last edited by gdkchan,
Reactions: Arubaro

rikimtasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Figured out the problem with Fossil Frontiers, but I have no idea if its related to the problem with 7th Dragon model since I dont have this one. Now I need to find a way to fix it without breaking atelier rorona... oh man.

btw, this problem dont have anything to do with the last update, if was there for quite some time.

Edit: @rikimtasu please send the model with problems.
@gdkchan Got it.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks. Fossil frontiers and 7th dragon problems are unrelated. Fossil frontiers problem have to do with the mesh flags, and the 7th problem is related to mesh visibility, so 7th dragon models should look complete when exported. I still need to investigate why it have the visibility of some important meshes set to false through.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I started to implement cgfx animations. Used the banner file submited by asia81 a few posts ago for testing. Would like the confirmation of @Asia81 or any1 that already played this game if the animations is correct. Thanks.
5954821837fa8eeff8ff0ec7de3bd036.gif

lag is due to fragment shader + recording + this pc sucks.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how to have the animation on Rebirth, but once I edited the banner with the new build of Ohana3DS that your send me, it's perfect on the 3DS, the animation is correct

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know how to have the animation on Rebirth, but once I edited the banner with the new build of Ohana3DS that your send me, it's perfect on the 3DS, the animation is correct
actually Im just asking if the animation is correct on the TOOL. I have no way to know since I dont have a 3DS. And I implemented the cgfx skeletal animation today, the publicly available builds still dont have it.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash 4 models seem to very much dislike Ohana3DS Rebirth (and it's predecessor); stages and character models usually give a vertex data error, but some models do work fine, like trophies and Link's bomb model.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Smash 4 models seem to very much dislike Ohana3DS Rebirth (and it's predecessor); stages and character models usually give a vertex data error, but some models do work fine, like trophies and Link's bomb model.
that is because super smash bros don't really uses bch. Models are inside the .mbn file, bch is just skeleton and textures (at least for the fighters)

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is because super smash bros don't really uses bch. Models are inside the .mbn file, bch is just skeleton and textures (at least for the fighters)
that is correct, tho there is some stages that uses .mbn also, along with items and assist trophies.

edit: I would like to see mbn being supported tho.. cause that'll help with adding smash3ds character models into psp modding and the such (and would help me with the stages to import/replicate into brawl). Also, how do i unpack Fantasy Life archive file?

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1