I can't get it to work, I'm stuck at this point:
I have NET Framework, Windows 10, and GTX 750
MchYm7l.png

TrackerTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm assuming there's no way of editing the 'levels' of textures yet? Case in point, the emblems in Mario Kart 7; they have no model associated with them, only a texture with several layers (mipmapping, I think). I can replace the first 'level' (0) with Ohana and that works fine, but it acts like a lenticular sticker in game; so I'm assuming the other levels need fixing. And sadly, EFE's importing doesn't work with the levels thing either.

Is it a case of the format not being cracked or am I missing something painfully obvious?

Reactions: akira123

rikimtasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Was the last update on August? It does open 7th Dragon 3 VFD models and motion fine but some of the texture are wrong and hand isn;t correct.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Was the last update on August? It does open 7th Dragon 3 VFD models and motion fine but some of the texture are wrong and hand isn;t correct.
It was on 5 of august, yea. Curious about what is wrong with the hands through, can you be a bit more specific on this?

Also for those asking if it can create new models, no it can't create anything atm. I added the option to import some formats because I was planning to add support for BCH creation. But there was a lot of stuff to be fixed, and I ended dropping the project before I started to write it. But I didnt totally abandoned it, just waiting the motivation to come again. bch have lots of sections (Model, textures, LookUp Tables (this is specific to the PICA200), lights, shaders, cameras, fog, sekeletal/material/visibility/light/fog/camera animations, environments), so converting from other formats to BCH is a lot of work. To make it even worse, there are lots of different BCH versions out there, that have small changes on the structure and are not compatible with each other, so I need to add compatibility for each version aswell.

For the textures problem, some textures are blended together to create effects. PICA200 does some unusual stuff there too, so the only way to mimic PICAs behaviour is using fragment shaders. I was able to partially simulate it with a fragment shader, but its not quite there yet. When exported, if the model uses any kind of blending or special effect with the PICA, it will probably look wrong, theres not much I can do about this, its up to the ripper to fix up that kind of issue.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@gdkchan
Could you allow reading and injecting for multiple level in a CGFX, lie in this banner to COMMON1 ?
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/MK52OhGx/file.html

Ohana read only the level 0.
I made a modification of the old Ohana3ds with support for textures with multiple mipmaps. Didn't tested it very well, but I hope it works for what you want. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vtdl3a16m9drea/o3ds_asia81.zip?dl=0

Side note: this old version kinda sucks, idk what I was thinking when I wrote it lol.

TrackerTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Happy to report that seems to work pretty well. Lenticular effect is gone; still some kind of graphic bug (tested with the emblems on MK7's karts) but it's much better than it was.

Cheers!

CTJjdXsWEAAnUI7.png

Last edited by TrackerTD,
Reactions: akira123

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a modification of the old Ohana3ds with support for textures with multiple mipmaps. Didn't tested it very well, but I hope it works for what you want. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vtdl3a16m9drea/o3ds_asia81.zip?dl=0

Side note: this old version kinda sucks, idk what I was thinking when I wrote it lol.
Hm, it seems to not let me import any models :( Like, it doesn't allow me to work with Kid Icarus: Uprising's models, Fire Emblem: Awakening's models, etc, when the other version of Ohana would read them fine...

I appreciate you uploading it, though!

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, it seems to not let me import any models :( Like, it doesn't allow me to work with Kid Icarus: Uprising's models, Fire Emblem: Awakening's models, etc, when the other version of Ohana would read them fine...

I appreciate you uploading it, though!
This is the old version from 2014, when I made it my knowledge of the BCH format was very limited, so it only work with few models. I modified it just to fix a issue with mipmaps on cgfx files, since the new version doesnt support texture replacement yet.

@TrackerTD
Glad it worked!

Reactions: robotortoise

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you @gdkchan for your hard work!
I really love your tool :) Hope you'll add some more features soon.
(I'm not sure if you want to add bcmdl-support in any way but I really want to see a way to replace textures of bcmdl-files <3)
(I can replace textures of bcmdl-files with EFE gives me an error when I try to save the file)

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

TrackerTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to replace the Kart emblems in MK7, which are supposedly bcmdls. So I'm confused a bit by what you mean.
Then again, I'm new to this so I'm probably missing something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: @Xdqwerty any tips?