ROM Hack [WIP] Ohana3DS tool

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I dunno. I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers. It still doesn't work.

I tried updating. Still doesn't open.

Heck, the program doesn't crash/open or anything if I delete the DirectX files!

It just....circles. The little windows cursor circles.

So I'm not sure what the issue could be.
Make sure you have .net framework 3.5 installed, its the only thing I can think.

@Reserved
Make sure the folder isnt read-only

Last edited by gdkchan,

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that worked! However, now I'm "the specified module could not be found"

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.RenderEngine.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OViewportWindow.flush()
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OWindowManager.flush()
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.FrmMain_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.OForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, that worked! However, now I'm "the specified module could not be found"

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.RenderEngine.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OViewportWindow.flush()
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OWindowManager.flush()
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.FrmMain_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.OForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Dunno about this one. But I guess that it only happens when you close the tool, so probably not a big issue. I guess its related to your first problem.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a problem with parsing Little Battlers Experience models:
lUVbSdC.png

The weight data is completely off on the robot models, and while the human models fare a lot better, they're still a bit off:
X1HItaM.png

I've made a pull request to the GitHub repo that adds .bcmdl files to the list of importable material sources and a failsafe for SMD exporting.
I'll throw some sample faulty models into an issue on the repo.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated the build.
Changes:
- Small fix on rigging for meshes being left behind
- Workaround for over-weighted meshes
- Added HUD info (default set to off, can be turned ON using the settings window)
- Fix for visibility animations

@robotortoise
Glad it worked for you!

@Sgt. Lulz
Thanks for leting me know, ill take a look.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy.. i like the info display on the hud.. very informative o:

edit:
think u can remove the error when exporting models that have no bones if possible? Only does it for DAE export
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.ModelFormats.GenericFormats.DAE.export(OModelGroup model, String fileName, Int32 modelIndex, Int32 skeletalAnimationIndex)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.FileIO.export(fileType type, Object data, List`1 arguments)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OModelWindow.BtnExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@MrDavidPerson
Yea that is why I added "WIP" on the thread title, and also on the first post "Please note that the tool is still WIP, so expect lots of issues."
Anyway, I fixed a similar issue with Little Battlers Experience models yesterday. hopefully it will work for those models too. If you dont know how to compile from sources, you can just wait until I update the build here.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It doesn't work on XP SP3 with .NET Framework 5.0
The issue is probably that .net framework 5.0 doesn't even exists.
And even if it existed, xp only supports up to .net framework 3.5 iirc. I dont see why this tool wouldnt work on xp through, it uses .net framework 3.5 and DirectX 9. Which error it gives to you?

Stecker8

Plug
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
The issue is probably that .net framework 5.0 doesn't even exists.
And even if it existed, xp only supports up to .net framework 3.5 iirc. I dont see why this tool wouldnt work on xp through, it uses .net framework 3.5 and DirectX 9. Which error it gives to you?
Sorry i don't knew my .NET framework version. And i have this error : it can't detect version

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you with a Smash 4 romfs, check the following, because some of them were so disturbing that I actually never want to look at them again.

Cat from Living Room stage ('Nintendogs' in the game files) renders really improperly, no eyes and textures in the wrong places and Jesus Christ that shit's disturbing.

Reshiram from Unova Pokemon League (Plasma in the game files) renders completely black, and Zekrom renders with really dark textures.

Reset Bomb Forest renders (as it has no mbns in the main part of the stage, unlike most of the stages); however a lot of textures are seemingly nonexistant or a mute green. Magicant, on the other hand, renders pretty much entirely fine! Color me impressed.

A lot of effects such as the 'model' for the Shakunetsu Hadouken and explosives have black where transparency should be; meanwhile, a lot of effects have shades of white and grey where color should be, and I have no idea how I would go about applying any sort of 'palette' to them.

Last edited by darklordrs,
Reactions: robotortoise

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you with a Smash 4 romfs, check the following, because some of them were so disturbing that I actually never want to look at them again.

Cat from Living Room stage ('Nintendogs' in the game files) renders really improperly, no eyes and textures in the wrong places and Jesus Christ that shit's disturbing.

Reshiram from Unova Pokemon League (Plasma in the game files) renders completely black, and Zekrom renders with really dark textures.

Reset Bomb Forest renders (as it has no mbns in the main part of the stage, unlike most of the stages); however a lot of textures are seemingly nonexistant or a mute green. Magicant, on the other hand, renders pretty much entirely fine! Color me impressed.

A lot of effects such as the 'model' for the Shakunetsu Hadouken and explosives have black where transparency should be; meanwhile, a lot of effects have shades of white and grey where color should be, and I have no idea how I would go about applying any sort of 'palette' to them.
most stages have their textures stored under "common".. look in that folder for the rest of the textures.

and yes, the animals on Living Room is pretty disturbing, but thats cause the animals have multiple meshes piled on top of each-other for that "fur" effect. As for reshiram, that model doesn't show anything for me, just empty space even tho it has a texture, but its blank. Zekrom on the other hand is due to the vertex colors, and his shader.

Reactions: robotortoise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I love those movies, stupid but so funny.