MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
No, Im giving priority to fixing some of the current bugs first before I start working on this.
atm Im rewriting the DAE export class.

Thank you for your answer.
Do you plan to add this feature soon ?

Also, animations for ORAS BCH aren't imported :( If you can also fix this ot would be very great :D

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for your answer.
Do you plan to add this feature soon ?

Also, animations for ORAS BCH aren't imported :( If you can also fix this ot would be very great :D
last time I checked animations from ORAS worked fine. afaik the Pokemon species uses a custom format for animations, so those cant be played yet. The only ones I got working was the intro animations (like may on the bike), material animations from the building etc.

For the time that will take until I start working on bch creation and such, well... I dont really know. I plan to do some work on the exporters, fix a rigging issues with Pokemon and a scale issue on some animations. After this is done, I may work on model creation. That is, if I dont drop the project on the middle of the way again.

Does this have support for BCMDL animations?
Yes (only skeleton anim atm), they are called bcskla or bcres.

Last edited by gdkchan,
Reactions: MK73DS and Hiccup

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
last time I checked animations from ORAS worked fine. afaik the Pokemon species uses a custom format for animations, so those cant be played yet. The only ones I got working was the intro animations (like may on the bike), material animations from the building etc.

I didn't check everything, but OW models and Battle Trainer Models don't work, at least with me. That's not that bad ^^ I don't need to have these animations right now ^^ So you can take your time to do it (or to don't do it at all if you want ^^)

For the time that will take until I start working on bch creation and such, well... I dont really know. I plan to do some work on the exporters, fix a rigging issues with Pokemon and a scale issue on some animations. After this is done, I may work on model creation. That is, if I dont drop the project on the middle of the way again.

OK :) I hope you won't drop the project and I hope it will be a very very useful and powerful tool soon :D

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by darklordrs,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I supposed to do to access .tex? Secondly, I'm still not sure what to do regarding effect files that are monochromatic rather than a color that it should be, such as Smash Run's power bomb which should be a bright orange. Thirdly, still pretty confused about textures appearing black where they should be transparent.
for the colors and the such.. use the fragment shader add-on, then re-import the models. It renders the model with its material color and shading properties.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd. Previous versions of Ohana3DS froze as soon as I tried to load any model I knew would work and blue screened after a while; now those models do work, but turning on the fragment shader freezes and blue screens the same way. RIP.

Bonus question: what can I do to activate all animations selected at once

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I spent most of today reverse engineering the *.mbn format (those models used on smash bros), and man im tired. I made a basic implementation and updated the build on the first post. All the models I tested so far works, but a bunch have the wrong textures binded (this is easy to fix on a 3d software through). The dae exporter is broken on the lastest build, cause like I said, I started to rewrite it, but didnt had the time to finish it yet, but the smd and obj exporters are working fine. I also disabled scaling on the grid, because this way is easier to see size difference between the models.

@darklordrs
Aww, that shucks. There is no way to play all animations at once yet, sorry. But I may add it later, when I start implementing the other UI improvement suggestions.

edit: I noticed now that the mbn stage models are fucked up... sigh. Ill try to take a look tomorrow.

Last edited by gdkchan,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent most of today reverse engineering the *.mbn format (those models used on smash bros), and man im tired. I made a basic implementation and updated the build on the first post. All the models I tested so far works, but a bunch have the wrong textures binded (this is easy to fix on a 3d software through).

I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can, because I'm glad you went through all this hassle.

What the fuck? (stage>field_smash>MainField>model>Area_00_01>normal.mbn. was I supposed to load the bch simultaneously or..)

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wooot, i like the progress im seeing on the mbn format~ most of the characters i've look at seems fine, except for missing hands and the such, but textures can be easily fixed in 3ds max or maya. stages on the other hand are all exploded, but i know its progress :3

Reactions: robotortoise

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh ill try that now then! also, i want to report that animation exporting to SMD wont play in noesis anymore (as in bones no longer move), not sure if you know that or not.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah alright, thanks!

edit:
just tried stages.. some are still broken, while some wont show meshes

error for 1 of them
kgM08rJ.png

bEkNW9M.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Nintendo Rips\3DS Rips\Super Smash Bros for 3ds\romfs\stage\melee\DxCorneria\model\S64_DxCorneriaGfox\normal.mbn' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.ModelFormats.MBN.load(String fileName)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.open(String fileName)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.ModelFormats.MBN.load(String fileName)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.open(String fileName)
at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to check a few more models.

Characters.. they mostly work, but Roy's mouth area is missing, Mewtwo's eyelids are bugged as fuck and Ryu's entire model disappears save his hands, which are glitched as hell, his feet - same - and a few rings representing his joints in some spots and his head

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryu is most likely using a different texture. Like gdkchan said, textures arnt applied on certain meshes. Marth was the same and his face and hands were using textures that had transparency on it.

edit:
heh just noticed that there's no vertex colors yet for mbn support, but thats cool, progress is progress!

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1