ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
excluding the lines we don't plan to translate (flavor text, npc dialogs, full screen help pages, etc.) there are around 43.000 lines

Alright thanks for the reply, so a little under 80% translation in less than two months. Impressive.

imadeanaccountjustforthis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference between v1.0 and v1.1? Are you meant to apply 1.0 to the game or 1.1 to the update file, but not both?
Would I break anything by applying 1.1 to my base game?
As always, thank you very much for still releasing new revisions of your patch and fixing any and all issues.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
What's the difference between v1.0 and v1.1? Are you meant to apply 1.0 to the game or 1.1 to the update file, but not both?
Would I break anything by applying 1.1 to my base game?
As always, thank you very much for still releasing new revisions of your patch and fixing any and all issues.
They only differ in the NTR plugin, due to the plugin being unique to the code of each version. If you are repacking a cia you don't have to care about it. It's only for NTR method users.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo! Thanks for the hard work! I read above you don't plan on translating the NPC dialogue. Is there anything else left to translate? Maybe the item descriptions for the new stuff like the forgotten statue item or ominous cloth? Unless you did it here too.

Anyway, thank you again!!

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Woo! Thanks for the hard work! I read above you don't plan on translating the NPC dialogue. Is there anything else left to translate? Maybe the item descriptions for the new stuff like the forgotten statue item or ominous cloth? Unless you did it here too.

Anyway, thank you again!!
If there is an item for which you would like a translated description because of functionality and not lore send an issue report.

What's missing:
some ui messages (some of them i've never seen)
a lot of weapons
a lot of palico equipment
and various stuff like some pet costume names and so on.
and probably some stuff i can't think of right now

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If there is an item for which you would like a translated description because of functionality and not lore send an issue report.

What's missing:
a lot of weapons

What do you think will be your focus for v10? Weapons?

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Taking the time and installing rx tools etc was absolutely worth it! NTR plugin runs great, patch v9 is so beautiful! Cartridge and installed game use the same savefile, I can continue my game!
DasDing you are awesome! Thanks also to all others also who helped making this happen!

Reactions: Aallaaniaq

vincentgiova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

What's missing:
a lot of weapons

not an high priority but it would be great if you could complete the hunter's log menu, where the villagers' requests are listed
it would be especially useful to know the "rewards" of the various requests (i.e. what request unlocks this or that armor set etc...)

on a even lower priority it would be great to have the achivements on the guild card translated :)

keep up the amazing work!

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small question here guys, but I will try to do it anyways: I've got my N3DS on Rxtools, can I use NTR plugin method? I Just install vanilla CIA, update to V 1.1, copy the content of the NTR plugin to the root of my SD card, and then I launch the game, it flashes green and all good?

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Small question here guys, but I will try to do it anyways: I've got my N3DS on Rxtools, can I use NTR plugin method? I Just install vanilla CIA, update to V 1.1, copy the content of the NTR plugin to the root of my SD card, and then I launch the game, it flashes green and all good?
yes, you don't forget to launch BootNTR.cia beforehand ofc ;)

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with v8. So I have NTR, MHX cia and 1.1 update cia installed. I downloaded the 1.1 ntr plugin, but I don't think NTR works with my cia. No green screen after 3DS logo, and no menu after pressing X+Y (NTR works with other games, PSMD with cheat plugin for example). Any idea as to why this happens?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using an old 3dsxl. Is it probably because MHX uses too much RAM (or whatever it is that makes the 3ds reboot after MHX is closed) that NTR can't run with it on old 3ds?

I'm about to try v9 if it works.

Last edited by adiktus,

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having a problem with v8. So I have NTR, MHX cia and 1.1 update cia installed. I downloaded the 1.1 ntr plugin, but I don't think NTR works with my cia. No green screen after 3DS logo, and no menu after pressing X+Y (NTR works with other games, PSMD with cheat plugin for example). Any idea as to why this happens?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using an old 3dsxl. Is it probably because MHX uses too much RAM (or whatever it is that makes the 3ds reboot after MHX is closed) that NTR can't run with it on old 3ds?

I'm about to try v9 if it works.
NTR only works for n3ds.

not an high priority but it would be great if you could complete the hunter's log menu, where the villagers' requests are listed
it would be especially useful to know the "rewards" of the various requests (i.e. what request unlocks this or that armor set etc...)

on a even lower priority it would be great to have the achivements on the guild card translated :)

keep up the amazing work!

I'm halfway through with all the rewards.
Edit: Done

Last edited by dasding,

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
The v9 is really gorgeous! What a nice addition translating the graphics and the intro screens. Now that I'm playing in my n3DS, the NTR saves the hassles of reinstalling prepatched CIAS. Thanks a lot @dasding and the team who helped achieving this.

rice4dinner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a prepatched cia that has 1.1 and v9 on it. Due to not knowing how to use ntr too well i'm just using the patch. Works great! Thanks for all the hard work!

Chewi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running CakesFW with emunand9 on my n3DS.
I supposedly have the v8 patch .cia I got off an iso site, but it says patch v7 on the title screen.

How do I go about deleting my v7/v8 version and installing my v9 .cia that i got off an iso site without losing my save data or anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: mg