Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Will these be able to play Undubs? Like if I have a persona Q retail cart, then dump the game and swap their voices with a japanese copy of the game and play it as a .CIA file?

People should really read the thread before posting.

If you're really interested, just go through the thread, and you'll get the idea :)

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will these be able to play Undubs? Like if I have a persona Q retail cart, then dump the game and swap their voices with a japanese copy of the game and play it as a .CIA file?
I highly doubt it. That would be easy to abuse to pirate games. Which they aren't interested in. (The editing and installing as cia)

They did mention (hopefully) allowing games to be modded without actually editing the games. No idea if that's still on the table though. (You play off a cart still but the system is told to use resources like sound files or text from a secondary location. eg. the SD card)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's kinda another item on our bucket list. ROM hacking is actually more up my alley, so I'm hoping we'll be able to create a nice way of redirecting romFS to the SD card (or at least parts of it). It may happen, it may not, but I personally would like to have something in place to be able to patch files in romFS. Could it be abused for piracy? Somewhat unlikely tbh, you'd have to also patch code.bin entirely as well as the permissions granted to the application/exheaders. We'll see if anything can be done in that category or not I guess.

Reactions: Hashtastrophe

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would romfs redirection also work for NDS games like TLoZ Spirit Tracks? Because I'm not a fan of the touch controls and I have seen patches out there that replace them with a traditional control style.

Reactions: Margen67

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ninja'd :ph34r:
I guess shinyquagsire23 was the dev I could somewhat recall mentioning this, and he's provided the update I'd hoped for.

Undubs are unlikely as it would require the extracted contents of a Japanese game.

ROM hacks in a more general sense may be possible.

Look at things like Riivolution and Project M on the Wii. They require a legitimate game and I believe they work by redirecting the games to load assets from the SD card.

Admittingly I don't know the finer points of the process so I can't say whether it would be possible on the 3DS. But it's an idea.

I think one of the developers had expressed interest in something like that, but it was early on and I haven't heard any more about. I suspect something like this is probably pretty low on their list of priorities, and even if possible may not be looked at until after release.

But who knows, this might prompt an update from them.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I found a video that may be a useful idea, if we can find out how it's done or if even usable/even an exploit.

I literally went "I swear to god if this is just dubstep and someone crashing the browser..." before I watched it. Incredible.

Also, emunand stuff seems to almost be booting, but not quite. I'll play with it more tomorrow since i'm tired and gay.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally went "I swear to god if this is just dubstep and someone crashing the browser..." before I watched it. Incredible.

Also, emunand stuff seems to almost be booting, but not quite. I'll play with it more tomorrow since i'm tired and gay.
What could you even do with a crash like that? Maybe this could be ported to SKATER too if it's important. :P

Reactions: Margen67

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Small progress report, we got a nice debug menu going (no points for guessing what it's inspired by)

B_gXHxTWwAA9p_f.jpg:medium

First I thought like gamequest1 that it was inspired by the C64. Then I thought about it a bit more. Perhaps it is inspired by Lucasfilm THX. THX is used as a certain standard of sound quality and other stuff. Perhaps your design symbols that we will have sound on the n3ds in hb! :)

One can always dream <3
images.jpg

Reactions: Zidapi

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-snip-
I found a video that may be a useful idea, if we can find out how it's done or if even usable/even an exploit.
Stop it. Stop combing through pastebin for any mention of 3DS or CFW and then posting it here in this thread.

This is at least the third time, and nothing you've posted has any relevance to this thread, which you've been told repeatedly.

Despite promising to stop, you continue to post random pastes.
That's kinda disappointing, heh. People keep spreading darn rumors. Now I'll stay away from 'em. Sorry for wasting your time. :P

You're either being trolled hard, or you're the troll, and this post seems to suggest the latter.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
Stop it. Stop combing through pastebin for any mention of 3DS or CFW and then posting it here in this thread.

This is at least the third time, and nothing you've posted has any relevance to this thread, which you've been told repeatedly.

Despite promising to stop, you continue to post random pastes.

You're either being trolled hard, or you're the troll, and this post seems to suggest the latter.

Not sure who he's trolling tbh. We called BS on those pastes immediately.

Reactions: :-infern:

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I personally know a dozen ways to crash the 3DS browser* on 9.5. The best part? None of the crashes are even remotely (lol) useful. Crashing any web browser usually isn't too difficult but using those crashes for anything fun is. If I were you I would completely ignore those types of videos, posts, etc unless they can at least show something other than "I crashed a thing please subscribe/follow/stalk me".

*Old 3DS at least, N3DS likely. But I don't have one to mess with atm. Also the crashes are very likely useless.

He also wasted time opening a BitBucket repo, lol.
Oh good, I'm not the only one that got a chuckle out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back