Status
Not open for further replies.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he was rewriting the CFW to make it less buggy? He says he's using Y8s CFW (how does he even get that from them in the first place?) So I'm not sure what he's doing with this. First he said he was keeping it secret, and now he's editing and writing some sort of write-up/tutorial thing? Weird.

Wait, he actually said he's using yellows8 cfw? What an actual asshole though.

Reactions: VinsCool

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, he actually said he's using yellows8 cfw? What an actual asshole though.

"Also it's not palantine but yls8 one" If he's such an infamous 3DS hacker why can't he make his own instead of stealing another's and rewriting it a bit to claim his own.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Also it's not palantine but yls8 one" If he's such an infamous 3DS hacker why can't he make his own instead of stealing another's and rewriting it a bit to claim his own.
Well, he's not a 3DS hacker. He knows how to get ahold of/steal stuff from people, that's it. Re-releasing yellows8's stolen code with a few tweaks isn't something to be proud of, it's something to be shamed for. Fuck that guy.

Reactions: SLiV3R

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, either way I'd take anything giovanify says with a grain of salt, don't really trust him just based on what he's done. And honestly I doubt he really even has anything at all which is his own code, if he has anything at all.

Can KARL3DS make CIAs from retail games?
Technically? I just dumped my FAT16 xorpads so I guess doing NCCH padgen might be somewhat possible. But not entirely from the N3DS itself, no.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, either way I'd take anything giovanify says with a grain of salt, don't really trust him just based on what he's done. And honestly I doubt he really even has anything at all which is his own code, if he has anything at all.

Technically? I just dumped my FAT16 xorpads so I guess doing NCCH padgen might be somewhat possible. But not entirely from the N3DS itself, no.

Maybe this program: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/
Can be ported to KARL3DS and make it work? After all, it works with the other CFW.

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: VinsCool

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like we've said before, running backups isn't something we're looking into. We don't want to deal with implementing some system to verify if users' copies of games are legit, either.
oh ok, I was just asking if it was possible.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
he doesn't know what he is talking about
What makes you so sure? He seems perfectly capable, if I recall correctly he RE'd Ninjhax day one.

slightly off topic:
For those unaware st4rk was specifically named as one of those that "show off but never share", which he used to justify his leaking of the buggy, broken 4.x CFW.
Lately, guys like st4rk, roxas75, etc... were being showoff by showing they had DevMenu installed their 3ds and claiming it at their own work.
I get that you're bitter, and you're entitled to be. But it seems you only post to mock or criticise people. If you have nothing to contribute why post at all?

Roxas75 who was also named, has got over it and is now contributing to the growth of the scene with his rxTools.

This isn't a personal attack, but constructive criticism. I feel like a school teacher, "that st4rk, he could contribute so much, yet he won't. So much wasted potential." *sigh*

For the record, I think what GovanifY did was unjustifiable, I think it was damaging to the scene, and I have no problem telling calling him out on his bullshit.
FofOQ2U.png

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you so sure? He seems perfectly capable, if I recall correctly he RE'd Ninjhax day one.

slightly off topic:
For those unaware st4rk was specifically named as one of those that "show off but never share", which he used to justify his leaking of the buggy, broken 4.x CFW.

I get that you're bitter, and you're entitled to be. But it seems you only post to mock or criticise people. If you have nothing to contribute why post at all?

Roxas75 who was also named, has got over it and is now contributing to the growth of the scene with his rxTools.

This isn't a personal attack, but constructive criticism. I feel like a school teacher, "that st4rk, he could contribute so much, yet he won't. So much wasted potential." *sigh*

For the record, I think what GovanifY did was unjustifiable, I think it was damaging to the scene, and I have no problem telling calling him out on his bullshit.
FofOQ2U.png

Very confident he will make a "re"release sooner or later hoping to see it soon.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil

slightly off topic:

FofOQ2U.png

"He seems perfectly capable, if I recall correctly he RE'd Ninjhax day one." are you really sure about it ? huehuehe, and him said that did in 2h (funny enough), and relax, i know what i am saying =)

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country

slightly off topic:

I just hope the whiners don't go bashing on this if he actually releases something. People are starting to get real picky with this project and the least it needs is more bad publicity.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope the whiners don't go bashing on this if he actually releases something. People are starting to get real picky with this project and the least it needs is more bad publicity.

Won't make a difference for me. I'd prefer to use my own work to be honest.

That aside, my Fat16 padgen worked, so I can grab files off my NAND now I guess.
c45aABB.png
Also, shoutout to cearp for his FAT16 extraction utility which had N3DS support in advance, because it actually works.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"He seems perfectly capable, if I recall correctly he RE'd Ninjhax day one." are you really sure about it ? huehuehe, and him said that did in 2h (funny enough), and relax, i know what i am saying =)
Okay, I was basing it off of Smealum's tweet which indicated GovanifY had RE'd it in two hours. Perhaps it was a joke based off a claim GovanifY made earlier?

Regardless, please do consider contributing instead of criticising though.

Only when everyone is on same team can this scene truly thrive.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Will these be able to play Undubs? Like if I have a persona Q retail cart, then dump the game and swap their voices with a japanese copy of the game and play it as a .CIA file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    did it happen?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into...