Homebrew [WIP] GopherHole - Gopher protocol for 3DS

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Right now I am working on a homebrew to connect to the Gopher protocol on 3DS.
This is just a little side project and will be helpful for exploring Gopher on the go.
If anyone would like to help, just say so! Right now the main thing I need is a way for it to connect to the internet. It will then connect to floodgaps server at gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1

FAQ:
Q: What is Gopher?
A: Gopher is a protocol like HTTP for connecting to the internet. It was the main protocol until HTTP came in the late 90s. It is kinda like a old internet.

Q: What does Gopher include?
A: It has a whole bunch of servers called "Gopherholes" filled with text files, ascii art, and a lot other things. Kinda like mini BBSs without the posting to boards. GopherHole will only be able to open text files, but save other kinds onto the SD card.

Q: This doesn't have any illegal activities on it, right?
A: Hard to say. Gopherholes are completely the users own little space, and some may have files on how to do these things.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THE ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES POSTED ON A GOPHERHOLE

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy shit, gopher still exists?

I remember following a tutorial for it in the 90s, but can't say I ever mastered it as such, because, you know, the web happened.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: