ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Support Editor

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my gamedata.bin.

EDIT: I think I found the issue myself...I thought I was supposed to subtract ADF0 from wherever I intended for the support table to go in order to get the offset. So as I mentioned, I made the offset as 0x0190, thinking that would put the table at 0xAF80, I guess if I wanted the table at 0xAF80 then AF80 (44928 dec) is supposed to be the offset?

Attachments

• GameData.7z
    45.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by Dylos,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my gamedata.bin.

EDIT: I think I found the issue myself...I thought I was supposed to subtract ADF0 from wherever I intended for the support table to go in order to get the offset. So as I mentioned, I made the offset as 0x0190, thinking that would put the table at 0xAF80, I guess if I wanted the table at 0xAF80 then AF80 (44928 dec) is supposed to be the offset?

Yeah, your issue is that you actually overwrote chapter data for the support table. I'm actually kind of surprised that the game loaded at all with that modification. But yes, 0xAF80 would work, though it's a little close to the main support table. If you want my advice, 0x37640 (decimal 226880) would work well.

Unfortunately, the only real way to fix your issue would be starting back with an unmodified GameData.bin (in your case, taking the file from the Gay Fates hack and decompressing it).

@Grima, everything showed up correctly in the Nightmare Module for me, so the issue is likely with the version of the modules you're using. I'd suggest downloading the latest version from github and trying with those. If that fails, I'll send you the version I'm using.

Reactions: Dylos

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems to have fixed my issue, and 0x37640 works a lot better, thanks!

Edit: A list of suggested areas for new support tables would be a nice addition to the OP, though that's probably not necessary.

Last edited by Dylos,

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another issue has occurred, this is an issue with the program.

Whenever I go to make a new GameData.bin, I have to restore the original supports.xml file from the Zip or odd things happen, like MCorrin disappearing from the editor.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another issue has occurred, this is an issue with the program.

Whenever I go to make a new GameData.bin, I have to restore the original supports.xml file from the Zip or odd things happen, like MCorrin disappearing from the editor.
I ran into something similar while doing some testing. I'll look into it, though for now you can get around it by restoring the Supports.xml like you said.

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Grima, everything showed up correctly in the Nightmare Module for me, so the issue is likely with the version of the modules you're using. I'd suggest downloading the latest version from github and trying with those. If that fails, I'll send you the version I'm using.
Ah, thank you. I was using the outdated modules because I didn't know there was an update. That fixed my issues.

EDIT: For some reason, I don't have the "Add New Character - Name", Add New Character - Character ID.", or "Add New Character - Table Offset." buttons. Strange...?

Last edited by Grima,

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I don't have the "Add New Character - Name", Add New Character - Character ID.", or "Add New Character - Table Offset." buttons. Strange...?
Try stretching the height of window, they are likely there and just hidden from you.

Ringlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually about to report that issue but uh, I suppose I was beaten to the punch.

Anyways, kudos to @thane98 for the tool. ^^/
Now I can give capturable generics supports to not make them as generic.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if you're having problems with the program not displaying correctly, try this version. It's a kind of crappy, temporary fix, but it'll work for now. I'll try to have a better fix in place when I release the next version, but that'll be a little while.

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if you're having problems with the program not displaying correctly, try this version. It's a kind of crappy, temporary fix, but it'll work for now. I'll try to have a better fix in place when I release the next version, but that'll be a little while.
Ah, thank you! It works great now.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be a good or bad idea to insert a bunch of FF at the end of the GameData.bin? As I only really found 1 spot with enough area for a character with as many supports as Corrin.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be a good or bad idea to insert a bunch of FF at the end of the GameData.bin? As I only really found 1 spot with enough area for a character with as many supports as Corrin.
With the way GameData.bin is set up, I do not think that would work. The file is split into 4 different regions, and support tables only go in the first region. Expanding the first region isn't hard, but you need to be familiar with the file format in order to do it correctly. If you'd like to do that, take a look at this documentation on the .bin format for Fire Emblem Fates.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the GameData.bin from the Gay Fates hack. It should have plenty of room.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think ive encoiuntered a bug. for me the supports are not showing and im using the gay fates gamedata.bin

Are the supports not showing up in the editor, or in game? And are you referring to existing supports, supports for an existing character, or supports for a new character?

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the GameData.bin from the Gay Fates hack. It should have plenty of room.
I am, just as I said there only really seems to be 1 spot for someone with as many supports as Corrin, unless I missed another huge block of Ff.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Are the supports not showing up in the editor, or in game? And are you referring to existing supports, supports for an existing character, or supports for a new character?
supports for an existing character and adding a new one
upload_2016-7-18_13-36-12.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill