ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Ive gotten a strange problem. The rom doesnt seem randomized and all units of the game (except dlc) were in prologue map. Is it normal?

mcbabystomper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got the fire emblem fates special edition in order to randomize revelations but I can't seem to decompress any of the files except for castlejoin.bin and gamedata.bin. Should I try redumping my game or could it be a problem with FEAT.exe?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got the fire emblem fates special edition in order to randomize revelations but I can't seem to decompress any of the files except for castlejoin.bin and gamedata.bin. Should I try redumping my game or could it be a problem with FEAT.exe?
Try another version of FEAT then if that doesn't work, redump your game and files.

mcbabystomper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i'm not exactly sure how to explain this but
when I chose all my options for the randomizer and click "randomize" nothing happens
it doesn't say it's not responding and I can even click options still

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
For NTR do I need to put all the romfs including edited ones or only edited ones?
upload_2017-7-14_15-55-30.png

EDIT: Thats my fefates SE folder I wish to use for ntr,but the game isnt randomized so I feel like something is wrong with my fefatesSE folder. Any help?

Last edited by Suicuark,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For NTR do I need to put all the romfs including edited ones or only edited ones?
View attachment 92804
EDIT: Thats my fefates SE folder I wish to use for ntr,but the game isnt randomized so I feel like something is wrong with my fefatesSE folder. Any help?
You only need the edited romfs for NTR, but you should be using Luma's layeredfs instead of NTR because it saves time, but I digress.
1) Did you actually extract the .bin.lz files to .bin, randomize those files, then use FEAT again to make the .bin.lz?
2) Your files may be bad and you may need to find a different way to obtain your game/files. I use a combination of Decrypt9 to obtain my game in decrypted CIA format, and Asia81's PackHack/HackingToolkit3DS to extract the contents of the CIA and those files have never failed.
3) Are you running the special edition of the game?
4) Do you have the SE's layeredfs.plg in SD:/plugin/0004000000179800?And are you running NTR before starting the game?

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
You only need the edited romfs for NTR, but you should be using Luma's layeredfs instead of NTR because it saves time, but I digress.
1) Did you actually extract the .bin.lz files to .bin, randomize those files, then use FEAT again to make the .bin.lz?
2) Your files may be bad and you may need to find a different way to obtain your game/files. I use a combination of Decrypt9 to obtain my game in decrypted CIA format, and Asia81's PackHack/HackingToolkit3DS to extract the contents of the CIA and those files have never failed.
3) Are you running the special edition of the game?
4) Do you have the SE's layeredfs.plg in SD:/plugin/0004000000179800?And are you running NTR before starting the game?
I dont know how to use layeredfs exactly,so I use NTR.
1)Yes, all my files are in .bin.lz
2)I dont really know, I use godmode to take the romfs.bin of an installed SE .cia and then extract them with the RomFS extractor.
3)Yeah I am.
4)Yes I have that plugin, and I run NTR before starting the game.
Also is there a way to recompile the files a .cia without Asia81's packhack? Im having issues with it (tried to extract a cia of the USA SE but it gives me the .bins without any folder and It looks incomplete.

Last edited by Suicuark,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how to use layeredfs exactly,so I use NTR.
1)Yes, all my files are in .bin.lz
2)I dont really know, I use godmode to take the romfs.bin of an installed SE .cia and then extract them with the RomFS extractor.
3)Yeah I am.
4)Yes I have that plugin, and I run NTR before starting the game.
Also is there a way to recompile the files a .cia without Asia81's packhack? Im having issues with it (tried to extract a cia of the USA SE but it gives me the .bins without any folder and It looks incomplete.
Asia81's packhack requires the CIA to be decrypted, and it gives only the .bin files when it's not decrypted. I can't tell you anything about your GodMode9 method because I don't use GM9. I just know that my method hasn't failed to produce good files.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Asia81's packhack requires the CIA to be decrypted, and it gives only the .bin files when it's not decrypted. I can't tell you anything about your GodMode9 method because I don't use GM9. I just know that my method hasn't failed to produce good files.
So my .cia might not be decrypted?But isnt any installable .cia decrypted?

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
No, not all of them, to my knowledge. Or at least, the files you obtain from that CIA aren't decrypted.
I got to get the files, so when i'll randomize I can just replace the original romfs by the edited ones in ExtractedRomFS folder and rebuild the .cia then the game shall be randomized right?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to get the files, so when i'll randomize I can just replace the original romfs by the edited ones in ExtractedRomFS folder and rebuild the .cia then the game shall be randomized right?
It should. Although, to save time/effort/frustration, if you have Luma 7.0+, you can simply use Luma's layeredfs feature and place your edited/randomized romfs files in SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179800*/romfs, for example your "m", "Scripts", "GameData", and "castle" folders would all go in the romfs folder.

*for a game other than the SE, remove the * and replace the number with the game's title ID and obviously use that game's respective romfs files.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
It should. Although, to save time/effort/frustration, if you have Luma 7.0+, you can simply use Luma's layeredfs feature and place your edited/randomized romfs files in SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179800*/romfs, for example your "m", "Scripts", "GameData", and "castle" folders would all go in the romfs folder.

*for a game other than the SE, remove the * and replace the number with the game's title ID and obviously use that game's respective romfs files.
But the method I mentionned should work? And if not, I could use NTR too?

mcbabystomper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i'm not exactly sure how to explain this but
when I chose all my options for the randomizer and click "randomize" nothing happens
it doesn't say it's not responding and I can even click options still
I tried the randomizer with a different storage folder and it worked fine
So i'm very confused at what could I could be doing wrong

ThatOneNub

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if you've gotten this question multiple times, I've just been having trouble dealing with this all day.

I've been trying to extract the romfs.bin file with RomFS Extractor, and the extraction would always stop around 78% and tell me the extractor has stopped working, forcing me to close the program. I've deleted the number file that held the romfs files afterwards on the root of the SD card, redumped Conquest, and ran it through the extractor only to have it stop again around 78%. I know I'm messing up somewhere, just don't know what it is.

If this adds any help, I'm using soundhax on version 11.2.0-35U.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if you've gotten this question multiple times, I've just been having trouble dealing with this all day.

I've been trying to extract the romfs.bin file with RomFS Extractor, and the extraction would always stop around 78% and tell me the extractor has stopped working, forcing me to close the program. I've deleted the number file that held the romfs files afterwards on the root of the SD card, redumped Conquest, and ran it through the extractor only to have it stop again around 78%. I know I'm messing up somewhere, just don't know what it is.

If this adds any help, I'm using soundhax on version 11.2.0-35U.
I can't help you with RomFS Extractor issues, unfortunately. The best suggestion I can give you there is to update your version of the .NET Framework. If it isn't working for you, you might try either ctrtool or HackingToolkit3DS. Those tools offer alternative ways to extract your romfs, though they don't have a GUI like RomFS Extractor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm curious.... Is PCSX2 compatible with normal web cams emulating the EyeToy....