ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yes. They are a little too unstable for general use at the moment.
As someone who has messed around with said flags, they probably never will be.

If a non Corrin unit has the flag, a lot of stuff breaks.
A) If Corrin stops existing and this unit becomes player, the game crashes.
B) If Corrin never exists, but this unit spawns, the game crashes.
C) Any save where this unit supersedes Corrin will become unuseable. The game will work just fine with both Corrin and this unit, but the moment you save and quit the save will no longer be usable when you try to load it unless you get rid of the offending unit.
D) Even if you somehow make it past all the crashes and the game breaking itself, in some instances the game will try to use a Default Male Corrin in cutscenes and a lot of stuff will crash with this Corrin.

That's just off the top of my head.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using FEAT the first time, I still have all the .lz(s) left, and when I put them back, it asks to repair archives or something. Finally, when I start the game, characters are only switched in cutscenes alone, not even voices, names, or portraits change.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using FEAT the first time, I still have all the .lz(s) left, and when I put them back, it asks to repair archives or something. Finally, when I start the game, characters are only switched in cutscenes alone, not even voices, names, or portraits change.
So the files aren't decompressing correctly when you try to run them through FEAT? If that's the case, you may have to try a different decompression program to get things working.

If you're having an issue with decompression, that would explain why only cutscenes are changed - script files don't require any sort of decompression/recompression when editing.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayhaps that was the issue I was having. Apparently I was using an outdated version of FEAT.

Edit: Yup, using the FEAT included fixed it.

Last edited by Fluffy56547,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the version of FEAT in the download link of the Randomizer a more up-to-date version?
The version I include with the randomizer is a modified version of FEAT 1.0. All I did was add in some additional cleanup so that you don't get stuck with a bunch of extra files when you compress/decompress. When I originally made the randomizer, this version was technically more up-to-date.

Development started up on the original version again recently, so that version of FEAT may work better for some people.

Domgamer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having an issue with the randomizer not working. I select my options and try to click randomize but nothing happens. No error code, no loading bar, no anything, the button just isnt registering being clicked for me. I have the most up to date java and all my files are verified, giving me the pop up window. If any knows the solution itd be a big help.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having an issue with the randomizer not working. I select my options and try to click randomize but nothing happens. No error code, no loading bar, no anything, the button just isnt registering being clicked for me. I have the most up to date java and all my files are verified, giving me the pop up window. If any knows the solution itd be a big help.
The randomizer takes a minute to process everything, so let it sit for a minute or two first. If that doesn't work, run the .jar through command prompt, try to randomize, and see what error pops up.

In randomize stats, what does passes mean?
For each pass, a point is deducted from one stat and redistributed to another. In general, high amounts of passes can lead to more random stat spreads.

Domgamer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The randomizer takes a minute to process everything, so let it sit for a minute or two first. If that doesn't work, run the .jar through command prompt, try to randomize, and see what error pops up.

Ive been letting it sit for 10-20 minutes at a time, the issue i have is that it doesnt even seem to register me clicking randomize, acting as if i never clicked it to begin with. The only time i can get a response from it is if i check to randomize children, which it stops responding for a second then goes back to acting like i never clicked to randomize. Because its bugging out in this way im not getting an error code from the command line because theres nothing running to make an error.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you change the way that growths are randomized?
I ask because I found this a little odd:
Code:
Character: Azama
Class: Dark Mage
Reclasses: Knight, Mercenary
Base Stats:
HP 3 Strength 2 Magic 4 Skill 1 Speed -13 Luck 5 Defense -4 Resistance 2
Growths:
HP 0 Strength 0 Magic 0 Skill 0 Speed 0 Luck 0 Defense 0 Resistance 0
Modifiers:
HP 0 Strength 0 Magic 0 Skill 0 Speed 0 Luck 0 Defense 0 Resistance 0
Switched With: Saizo
Chapter: C011

Character: Peri
Class: Apothecary
Reclasses: Samurai, Sky Knight
Base Stats:
HP -8 Strength 4 Magic 11 Skill 2 Speed 2 Luck 2 Defense 5 Resistance 4
Growths:
HP 5 Strength 0 Magic 10 Skill 10 Speed 0 Luck 5 Defense 0 Resistance 20
Modifiers:
HP 2 Strength 0 Magic 1 Skill 0 Speed -2 Luck -2 Defense 2 Resistance 0
Switched With: Sakura
Chapter: C008
I told the randomizer to do 100 passes, so that might have something to do with it.

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey in chapter 2 I believe, (the one where you normally fight kaze and rinkah) Rinkah was randomized to Sakura which turned out fine. Except that she was a spear wielder and still had a brass club, while Kaze's randomized counter part (leo) had been conveniently randomized to a ninja. Obviously i was using the experimental change appearances option. Just thought I would let you know of this bug.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey in chapter 2 I believe, (the one where you normally fight kaze and rinkah) Rinkah was randomized to Sakura which turned out fine. Except that she was a spear wielder and still had a brass club, while Kaze's randomized counter part (leo) had been conveniently randomized to a ninja. Obviously i was using the experimental change appearances option. Just thought I would let you know of this bug.
I had the randomizer ignore Kaze during chapter 2 since messing with his class completely broke his AI. I'm glad that the feature seems to be working fine for you with other characters though.

I don't remember messing around with the growths, but a lot of code got moved around in the latest update, so I might have messed up something. I'll look into it, as those growths look a little screwed up.

Ive been letting it sit for 10-20 minutes at a time, the issue i have is that it doesnt even seem to register me clicking randomize, acting as if i never clicked it to begin with. The only time i can get a response from it is if i check to randomize children, which it stops responding for a second then goes back to acting like i never clicked to randomize. Because its bugging out in this way im not getting an error code from the command line because theres nothing running to make an error.
I actually don't even know where to start with diagnosing an error like that. If your version of Java is up to date, the GUI isn't responding at all, and you aren't receiving any sort of error through the command-line, I'm out of options to help you. Sorry - I'll tell you if I come up with any solutions.

Domgamer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't even know where to start with diagnosing an error like that. If your version of Java is up to date, the GUI isn't responding at all, and you aren't receiving any sort of error through the command-line, I'm out of options to help you. Sorry - I'll tell you if I come up with any solutions.

I'll keep messing around and seeing if i can get it to work. Also if you still have it up, could i get a link to the previous version of the randomizer? It might help in narrowing down where my issue is.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got an actual decent run, but forgot to install the same sex marriage patch with it. Is there any way for me to obtain a version now, or would I have to start a whole new run? In addition, I didn't know how to install the patch with this randomizer originally, so I'm at a loss for what to do.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got an actual decent run, but forgot to install the same sex marriage patch with it. Is there any way for me to obtain a version now, or would I have to start a whole new run? In addition, I didn't know how to install the patch with this randomizer originally, so I'm at a loss for what to do.
What you can do is take your romfs dump, add the same sex marriage mod in, then take the XML file that the randomizer generates and plug it into the randomizer. If you aren't using the latest update, then that's not gonna happen unless you edit that XML file yourself, and that's a pain in the ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom