ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a second, it says in the OP that you can use Luma to run the randomized files, but there are no instructions to do so. How do you do this? I updated to 11.3 without thinking, but I had Luma already and I didn't think about the consequences.

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a second, it says in the OP that you can use Luma to run the randomized files, but there are no instructions to do so. How do you do this? I updated to 11.3 without thinking, but I had Luma already and I didn't think about the consequences.
There's nothing wrong with updating your 3ds to 11.3 if you have luma...

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with updating your 3ds to 11.3 if you have luma...
I meant I didn't think about not being able to use NTR to play randomized Fates. Either way, I hear Luma has game patching now, does that work with this randomizer?

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I wasn't actually aware a 3ds 11.3 firmware was released recently. Yeah I'm still on 11.2. I'm surprised nintendo hasn't prompted me to update.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you can do is take your romfs dump, add the same sex marriage mod in, then take the XML file that the randomizer generates and plug it into the randomizer. If you aren't using the latest update, then that's not gonna happen unless you edit that XML file yourself, and that's a pain in the ass.
So do I just have to put the xml in the folder and randomize it again?

Edit: Found out how.

Last edited by Fluffy56547,

Venty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'd like to thank Thane for this hilarious randomizer and all the work and support he's done for it.

I'm currently having the same problem that Domgamer is experiencing where the Version 5 of the randomizer doesn't do anything after clicking the randomize button. It's not frozen, I can still highlight and click boxes, but nothing happens when clicking randomize. I even left it running for an hour and a half after clicking randomize, and it stayed exactly the same with the progress bar never starting. When I get home tonight I'll try restarting and see if that fixes anything, and if not I'll try using version 4-2 in the meantime.

Also, one more question. I have a Collector's Edition cart and a Conquest cart with all paths downloaded as DLC (both carts are US). Would it be possible for me to extract the rom of the CE copy and use it on the Conquest one in order to access the other 2 paths on it? I ask because I'd rather not use my CE copy for this due to the possible risk of screwing up my cart or losing my previous saves. Sorry, I'm pretty new to romhacking and homebrew stuff in general, so I apologize if any of this has already been answered or if my questions/concerns are incredibly nooby.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'd like to thank Thane for this hilarious randomizer and all the work and support he's done for it.

I'm currently having the same problem that Domgamer is experiencing where the Version 5 of the randomizer doesn't do anything after clicking the randomize button. It's not frozen, I can still highlight and click boxes, but nothing happens when clicking randomize. I even left it running for an hour and a half after clicking randomize, and it stayed exactly the same with the progress bar never starting. When I get home tonight I'll try restarting and see if that fixes anything, and if not I'll try using version 4-2 in the meantime.

Also, one more question. I have a Collector's Edition cart and a Conquest cart with all paths downloaded as DLC (both carts are US). Would it be possible for me to extract the rom of the CE copy and use it on the Conquest one in order to access the other 2 paths on it? I ask because I'd rather not use my CE copy for this due to the possible risk of screwing up my cart or losing my previous saves. Sorry, I'm pretty new to romhacking and homebrew stuff in general, so I apologize if any of this has already been answered or if my questions/concerns are incredibly nooby.
That last point won't work. Special edition files can only br used with the special edition, Conquest with Conquest, and so on and so forth. Just save your save files to your extra data save slots. You won't screw up your special edition cart by using this, as the hack never touches the card itself, only the files on the SD card. If you're still paranoid, just install the special edition as a CIA to your Home Menu (only if you have custom firmware. If you don't, I highly recommend you get it by following http://3ds.guide/).

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, never mind. I don't know how the .xml is supposed to be applied to the file. If I load custom path, nothing happens. What do I do?

Edit: Once again, I figured it out. Had to click all the buttons.

Last edited by Fluffy56547,

Aru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i tried dumping my romfs with PackHack and for some reason the romfs extractor recognizes it as invalid binary (tried both mass editor and cia extractor). I switched to brain dump but it seems to dump only cxi files ;-;

Edit: Nvm my rom was just not decrypted. Anybody tried getting it to work with Luma? Just trying to get it to work here since it seems more convenient.

Last edited by Aru,

Venty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That last point won't work. Special edition files can only br used with the special edition, Conquest with Conquest, and so on and so forth. Just save your save files to your extra data save slots. You won't screw up your special edition cart by using this, as the hack never touches the card itself, only the files on the SD card. If you're still paranoid, just install the special edition as a CIA to your Home Menu (only if you have custom firmware. If you don't, I highly recommend you get it by following http://3ds.guide/).
Ah ok, thanks for the info, I wasn't exactly sure how the hack worked when it came to that. I also managed to get Conquest Randomized and running with version 4-2, so that workaround works fine. I'm currently on Chapter 8.

Venty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also quick question, what exactly do the "Male Player" "Female Player" and "Change all appearances" options do in the Version 5 Randomizer?

floodbender

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Chapter 11 of Birthright still crashes when Reina's replacement is supposed to enter. It's a flier and everything according to the output file, but the game crashes nonetheless.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has already been reported, but if Xander's replacement is any class that uses a bow and he has it equipped, the premonition chapter can't play, because he needs to attack Ryoma's replacement from 1 range, where as Ryoma doesn't need to be able to attack. If Xander would just start with the Sidelong Yumi or the Short Bow, I'd assume it would work.

Reactions: GCNMatt

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i finished randomizing things, have ntr and a plugin folder and inside a folder with the title id. inside that is is the .plg file. where do i put my compressed randomized files? what patch folder? (10. You're done! You can either merge these files in with a ROM if you're using HANS (back up the ROM if you're doing this just in case) or place the files in your patch folder if you're using NTR. Enjoy your randomized adventure!
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty