1. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The moment any sort of test translation is available, you know who to get. Can't wait!

2. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

United States
    I never expected it to be a great port, but it's great to hear that progress was made on the "stop crashing" front! :3

3. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    :ogDead: Hopefully this gets workin' quickly!

4. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hadnt looked into this thread for over a year now. Its great to see it alive again. Good luck to those who're still pushing to get this done. It's really appreciated.

5. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    is this project dead?

6. lone_wolf323
    This message by lone_wolf323 has been removed from public view by Minox, Sep 30, 2019, Reason: Let's calm down.
    Sep 30, 2019
  7. placebo_yue
    This message by placebo_yue has been removed from public view by Minox, Sep 30, 2019, Reason: Let's calm down.
    Sep 30, 2019
  8. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by Minox, Sep 30, 2019, Reason: Let's calm down.
    Sep 30, 2019
  9. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    whoops, my bad. I mistook the user creation date for the post date. Sorry for being an asshole

10. TurdPooCharger

United States
    -snip-
    Technically, the last known edited activity by Drwho0894 in his original thread post was done on August 28, 2019. So, who knows? Keep on waiting because it's Coming Soon™.

Another party finished translating the original Japanese NES Final Fantasy into English.
    Patch the rom yourself, inject it into NES VC with NSUI Beta 27, or play it with VirtuaNES.

If or when Drwho0894's group translation is finished, just import your save over to their version using Checkpoint/JKSM if it's NES VC (should work if it's the same rev b baseline rom).

11. Mirby

United States
    I don't think the NES FF and this FF1 are compatible considering one is the original version and this is based on the PSP version. One uses a system based on spells-per-day and this uses MP.

Completely different versions of the game. This isn't a VC version of FF1, it's a 3D Classic version of the PSP FF1 (which itself is a slightly enhanced port of the GBA version). Like, congrats on them for finishing that translation but it's a bit irrelevant to this topic.

12. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Please excuse my ignorance. I did try to look up info about this game. I'm not a fan of the Final Fantasy series (never played any of them). My initial search led to NES Virtual Console for the JPN region where neither USA nor EUR had it.
    I didn't realize this game was remade into the:

The only reason I spoke up in this thread was to defend lone_wolf323 against placebo_yue's rudeness towards him. I dislike unwarranted assholery.

FateForWindows and lone_wolf323 like this.
  13. Mirby

United States
    Yeah but placebo_yue had apologized, so there was no need to defend lone_wolf anymore lol

Anyways hoping for an update soon.

Deleted-236924 likes this.
  14. geekboy1011

geekboy1011 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When life gives me time again~
    Just bought a house so who knows when that will come around again :) that being said Kurimii has the plugin anyone once again can look into it :)

15. Mirby

United States
    Congrats! My fiance and I just got a house as well, so we're well aware of the timesink dealing with getting the house and then moving everything over into it is.

16. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I broke RPG Maker 3ds's files, let's see if I can break these too.

RedL likes this.
  17. geekboy1011

geekboy1011 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The files and unpacked them are done
    The real thing that needs to be looked into is if there is a code toggle for US as the assets are there just not accessable in game it seems?

18. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    oh. obviously gonna be alot harder than it sounds.

19. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ive had no time for looking in the files recently, been busy with other games

20. angelsaito

angelsaito Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I've been following this thread for years, my language is Spanish, so it is difficult for me to understand everything, but as I understand the project is still alive and still trying with everything, I really appreciate everything, good luck, and if we have endured so much, no Nothing happens to wait any longer. (I translated this with Google, in case English looks bad, that's why)

21. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I mean, if I wasn't working on 4 different hacks and 2 mods for FES I'd help here more.

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  22. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I didn't even know this was a thing, but it was a Japan exclusive, and of course Square Enix was too damn lazy to launch in the US. Maybe I'll just find a CIA file and wait for this patch.

23. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    What projects do these be? I'm curious.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Fantasy, (eShop)