ROM Hack [WIP] Dragon Quest VIII (8) "Restoration" Project

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just linked here from CensoredGaming's video on the project.

It looks good! I hope to see a US version soon.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tried using Dhoulmagus laugh from a different scene perhaps? As in his Japanese laugh, just from a different file, to see if that would work?

Good idea, we'll look at that later. The first aim is to have a version which can be played from start to end without crashing.

Then to replace the few voices which are still in english (5% of them).

After those things, we'll be able to check if we restore those few japanese lines which cause the game to crash.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
I dragged and dropped the files and still doesnt show any change when using ntr 3.2. Not sure if it is because i also have some cheat in the same folder or is another issue. Using eur v1

EDIT: tested without cheat and still wont work. What am i missing? I get the green flash in start but nothing changes in the game outfits

Last edited by TheGuyMadeOfTofu,

sparktenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

I would like to say thanks for the hard work on the project. I've searched through the thread but couldn't find any clear confirmation. On Reddit I was advised that this project might include putting in the original orchestral music into the US version on the game? Is this true? I know it might be a ways of if so since the US version just came out and well people do have lives other than doing projects for free. :)

If this is indeed the case can I ask that the first post be updated with that information so I can be the last annoying person to ask?
Thank again!

a31qwerty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance at restoring Jessica's breast physics? They used to jiggle as she walked, and being the literal embodiment of sex appeal, the lack of it is quite odd.

Also any intention of a hans patch? Not asking for romfs, just general support.

Good work everyone btw.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New progress update, all model edits and alterations have been finalized with the uncensoring and the project is now on the final stretch, just making purple tinted variants for the high tension models.
If you were following my progress, some posts ago I posted a screenshot of an actually fully uncensored Bikini outfit including the more revealing bra, although the straps weren't aligning perfectly.
Since then I've actually managed to edit the models themselves and not just the textures and were able to make the straps wrap around perfectly:
yrkfog.png

Also here's a sneak peak of the finalized Bunny outfit, in it's high tension coloring (there may still be some small tweaks to the HT color tint, but the base texture and model are finalized):
qmgyos.png

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's worth noting that with the combined efforts of me and DarkSynopsis, we managed to make that new release completely uncensored.
Everything is now as it was on PS2 as far as outfits go, no censorship whatsoever with this release :)

Tomorrow I'll be updating my cia on that "ISO" site for "3DS" games with this new version, the reason I'm not doing it now is because I've basically been working most of this week on uncensoring the Dancer, Bikini and Bunny outfits, with the last one taking a crapload of time since I had to recreate most of it from scratch. Repacking and encrypting a rom takes a couple of hours (2-3) and since I'm tired I'm gonna go sleep now, so cia will wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by Canzah,

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's worth noting that with the combined efforts of me and DarkSynopsis, we managed to make that new release completely uncensored.
Everything is now as it was on PS2 as far as outfits go, no censorship whatsoever with this release :)

Tomorrow I'll be updating my cia on that "ISO" site for "3DS" games with this new version, the reason I'm not doing it now is because I've basically been working most of this week on uncensoring the Dancer, Bikini and Bunny outfits, with the last one taking a crapload of time since I had to recreate most of it from scratch. Repacking and encrypting a rom takes a couple of hours (2-3) and since I'm tired I'm gonna go sleep now, so cia will wait until tomorrow.

You are awesome dude. Thank you so much for all the hard work. Can't wait to download the definitive dragon quest 8 edition.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this is the final version?
That's what we're hoping for, unless some bugs/issues are found then this is indeed fully featured and final version.
We double and even tripple checked everything so there shouldn't be any bugs, but as always we're trying to account to the unforeseen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo