ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

This is a project aiming to translate the UI and text of the awesome Japanese rhythm game, Daigasso Band Brothers P.

Currently, we are mostly done with both images and text. We do not currently have a set-in-stone release date, but we are not too far from launch.

Hang tight and stay tuned!

Current team:
Neobeo
twede86
Spikey
ultramario1998
and special thanks to IcySon55 for Kuriimu!

Relevant links:

Video of the translation (courtesy of Spikey)
Degausser DBBP song import/export tool (courtesy of Neobeo)
The main GBATemp DBBP discussion thread

Last edited by ultramario1998,

twede86

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here are a couple assets that I've worked on. It's not much but I hope to offer professional graphic design to the project.
yZyT6xE.png
E2reXke.png

Wub8wLG.png
sOkdBGN.png

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I made an SaltySD thing for Daigasso. It's still a proof-of-concept in that it works as intended so far, but I don't really know if it might crash randomly.

What it does is basically redirect any file access (whether it be from the base romfs, the update patch, or extdata) onto the sd card, if the file exists. In this case, text translations will probably go under sd:/saltysd/daigasso/patch/msg/JpJa/*.msbt and so on.

There's some compilation instructions in the file itself, but mainly you'll need to obtain code.bin from the v2.1 update package (so you'll probably need 3dstool, ctrtool, maybe FunkyCIA and others). And then armips v0.8 which you can use to compile this asm. Well, when I say "compile" it really combines it with the code.bin to form a new bin file that goes in luma/code_sections. Oh that's right, you'll also need to be running on Luma v6.0+ I think.

Anyway, hope this doesn't appear too daunting. I think going forward that translations will be best done this way.

Attachments

• daigasso.rar
    1.2 KB · Views: 293

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At this stage, we're looking for translators. There's about 3000 strings to translate, give or take, though a good half of them are single words or short phrases. A preliminary translation spreadsheet is available here on https://goo.gl/Z4D2uN which is largely mass-google-translated. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you more details and/or instructions.

Uniiflux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick fix. Under Vocaloid theres a character named "Camui" while his name is actually Kamui with a K. Thank you for this translation!

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to this!

This may not be the right thread for this, but I saw in the comments section of the video that there was a dump of most of the song files. Could I get some direction on how to access that as well as on how that gets injected into the game?

EDIT: Nvm, Googled how to do it. Just needed to use the PC version of the tool you provided as well as a .cia for the SaveDataFiler.

Last edited by Taser9090,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since