[WIP] Daigasso! Band Brothers P Fan Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ultramario1998, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Rubedo

Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    So... um... is this project dead? :(

2. ChipJockey

ChipJockey Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Poland
    I don't know, but it looks like it.
    If it is, that's a shame, I was really looking for a translation of that one.

3. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    It's obviously not dead. It's been barely any time at all since it was last asked. Calm your horses, folks.

Taser9090 likes this.
  4. Rubedo

Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    Haha, oops. Sorry for seeming impatient, but I think that when I had asked that, I had accidentally read it as if your last post was from January 2017, not 2018 lol

5. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    I swear, this should be front paged when it will be finished. You did an awesome job.

6. stargoonman

stargoonman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    United States
    This project was "nearly done" a year ago, but it hasn't had any updates since then other than some saying "it's not dead", but it's nearly the end of September 2018. I think it's dead.

7. Spikey

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    Couldn't be anything further from dead. ;)

LowEndC likes this.
  8. Cade78

Cade78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2007
    Netherlands
    Any news on this? There are still people who would love the translation ;)

LowEndC likes this.
  9. DJOshawott

DJOshawott Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2019
    United States
    I doubt this is dead, but I hope it's... well, not...

10. Spikey

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    I posted it elsewhere, but right now it's currently finished minus the finishing of tech side stuff. Translation-wise it's done, but this game needs more than just that. However, lack of availability has lead to nothing on that particular front for a while. When I mentioned it was far from dead was when the translation itself was progressing towards finishing up. So that's all I'll say on it for now.

11. Piepokemon

Piepokemon GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    Is there a chance of the save importer being reworked?

I don't know where the game currently stands right now really. Is everything far along enough that I could, once the translation is done, just load up on free songs with some method? I know you get some free songs by default but, beyond that. If it's even possible to import tracks to a modern CFW, does there exist a source to download those tracks? I played the game a bit years back and loved what I was able to play of it. I'd be super happy to see someday being able to just throw hundreds of tracks on it for free and play it in English, hopefully that's something that'll happen.

12. Spikey

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    That's literally the holdup. Waiting on work to finish on a better clean way to convert .bdx files into the game. There's already the BDX mega pack, so you'd have a huge plethora of songs to choose from. Also, users making and sharing their own songs will help, but the translation is basically useless without content. That's the main reason nothing is released yet.