Hacking [WIP] Complete Custom Firmware Guide

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i have a japanese 3ds, do i need a japanese version of cubic ninja or would a US version work?
sorry, you'll need a Japanese copy... you can sell it afterwards once you have at least the 4.5 MSET installed though so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does the FBI method not work anymore for installing MSET ? because the browser method isnt working for me and I think thats my last hope but I dont want to screw anything up

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does the FBI method not work anymore for installing MSET ? because the browser method isnt working for me and I think thats my last hope but I dont want to screw anything up
Why wouldn't it work anymore? Also what trouble are you having with the browser method?

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't it work anymore? Also what trouble are you having with the browser method?
someone in another thread told me it didnt. well I just tried the FBI method and now that've installed it the DS profile just crashes and makes me restart the system

the browser exploit would me take me to the website
and I would get something like this
sfHII19.png

but after a couple of seconds it would crash and tell me to restart. I would but then the DS profile wouldnt load rxtools it was just the thing that lets me edit the ds profile

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone in another thread told me it didnt. well I just tried the FBI method and now that've installed it the DS profile just crashes and makes me restart the system

the browser exploit would me take me to the website
and I would get something like this
sfHII19.png

but after a couple of seconds it would crash and tell me to restart. I would but then the DS profile wouldnt load rxtools it was just the thing that lets me edit the ds profile
You haven't downgraded your MSET then

In the guide, o3ds > with browser > step 8 then reinstall with the browser method... Also do you have the proper code.bin? And try a different website like the one in step 9 of the with browser section

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't downgraded your MSET then

In the guide, o3ds > with browser > step 8 then reinstall with the browser method... Also do you have the proper code.bin? And try a different website like the one in step 9 of the with browser section
yeah that was the first thing I did. I opend up rxtools again to be sure and went to downgrade mset again and it says "MSET is already in its exploitable version. There's no need to upgrade"

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about the GBA firmware patching. Is it necessary to install on both sysnand and emunand? Where should I be installing my gba/ds cia's?

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about the GBA firmware patching. Is it necessary to install on both sysnand and emunand? Where should I be installing my gba/ds cia's?
If you want to play GBA games while booted into emuNAND you have to install them on BOTH your sysNAND and emuNAND. The way the GBA firmware works is it checks you sysNAND for the CIA that you installed even if you're launching from emuNAND and the emuNAND GBA firmware checks the signatures before launching so the game and GBA firmware must be on emuNAND to start launching but also must be on sysNAND to continue working afterwards, hope that clears it up

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play GBA games while booted into emuNAND you have to install them on BOTH your sysNAND and emuNAND. The way the GBA firmware works is it checks you sysNAND for the CIA that you installed even if you're launching from emuNAND and the emuNAND GBA firmware checks the signatures before launching so the game and GBA firmware must be on emuNAND to start launching but also must be on sysNAND to continue working afterwards, hope that clears it up

Oh, I thought I heard from someone else that I can run them straight from sysnand. So that's not true?

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries. Thanks for clearing that up. Is it safer to run one way over another?
I personally recommend running emuNAND as you can update it, back it up and restore it easily and if you do something dumb/risky you don't have to worry about bricking your 3ds, just your emuNAND

Reactions: iceedge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi +1