gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Will add the stuff about Ninjhax, the n3ds guide isn't finished and that was actually going to be the next edit I made to the n3ds guide ;) I'll edit the MSET section and add more info, as always you give great constructive criticism

What do you want me to name it? Maybe the homebrew launcher?
I am not sure, maybe just Homebrew.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Downgrading to 4.2 (optional)" has a section "for users without a browser". This section won't work. To be able to hack your system at all without a browser, you need to be on 4.x or 6.x. So the only way you could downgrade is if you have 6.x mset on a O3DS (2DS can't downgrade, something that you should also mention).

And if you have 6.x mset on a O3DS, you can't use Gateway to downgrade because Gateway only works with 4.x.

In the unlikely event that you actually are using 6.x mset on a O3DS and want to downgrade to 4.x, you'd need to use your CFW to install a browser to SysNAND, then use Gateway through the browser.

The original "Without browser" section is wrong in the same way. 6.x mset can't run Gateway. You have to use the 6.x mset to run a CFW and use the CFW to install a browser, then proceed to the appropriate part of the "with browser" section.

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Downgrading to 4.2 (optional)" has a section "for users without a browser". This section won't work. To be able to hack your system at all without a browser, you need to be on 4.x or 6.x. So the only way you could downgrade is if you have 6.x mset on a O3DS (2DS can't downgrade, something that you should also mention).

And if you have 6.x mset on a O3DS, you can't use Gateway to downgrade because Gateway only works with 4.x.

In the unlikely event that you actually are using 6.x mset on a O3DS and want to downgrade to 4.x, you'd need to use your CFW to install a browser to SysNAND, then use Gateway through the browser.

The original "Without browser" section is wrong in the same way. 6.x mset can't run Gateway. You have to use the 6.x mset to run a CFW and use the CFW to install a browser, then proceed to the appropriate part of the "with browser" section.
Will all get edited tomorrow

sukh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi when i go into browser and launch rxtools then the browser closes and nothing happens . is it suppose to happen? the files on sd card are firmware.bin and slot0x25KeyX

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi when i go into browser and launch rxtools then the browser closes and nothing happens . is it suppose to happen? the files on sd card are firmware.bin and slot0x25KeyX
Did you put rxtools.dat on your SD card too? That one is kinda needed

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the go gateway page is not loading .
Did you put launcher.dat on your SD card? Each hack basically had its own .dat file and you'll need them on your card, for gateway you go to their website and get the latest public beta and there's a file in there called launcher.dat just put it on your card and it'll work fine

sukh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi . thanks for reply. iit loaded and i am backing up nand now . last line of step 6 says copy all the files that we backed up onto card but then on step 7 it says insert blank sd. didnt understand that

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi . thanks for reply. iit loaded and i am backing up nand now . last line of step 6 says copy all the files that we backed up onto card but then on step 7 it says insert blank sd. didnt understand that
When you format emuNAND it'll erase everything on the SD card except launcher.dat, so it'll be blank in the next step for you

EDIT: it was also the result of a little bit of rearranging, the step used to be earlier but I put it after that part instead because it fit better, I edited it and took that part out so it's less confusing

Last edited by dark_samus3,

sukh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all . every thing goes smooth until i follow step 11. now cant install mset again. after installing it doesnt run rxtools from ds profile . got fbi 1.3.8 . got the new fbi as well which is in cia format but cant install as it says install failed , could not install app .....database does not exit .. help please

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all . every thing goes smooth until i follow step 11. now cant install mset again. after installing it doesnt run rxtools from ds profile . got fbi 1.3.8 . got the new fbi as well which is in cia format but cant install as it says install failed , could not install app .....database does not exit .. help please
for the MSET stuff, how exactly are you trying to install it? I'd recommend you start from step 7 and follow everything after that again, skip step 8 and 11 though

Last edited by dark_samus3,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"database does not exist" can be fixed by creating these files: import.db and title.db.
You need to create a .txt files first then rename the extension to .db

Should look like this:
goes in SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID1>\<ID2>\dbs
5v60o.jpg

After doing that, put the SD in your 3DS, then go to System Settings->Data management->Software and let it "repair" your software information

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellows8 Just released smashbroshax which allows you to run the homebrew launcher from smash bros (what is it about this game that it always gets hacked)! I'll have to update the OP for it shoutouts to Yellows8

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there a way to set up a "dual boot" option for Cubic Ninja for ninjahax 1.1b and 2.1?
Because I missed Ironfall Invasion so I guess it's too late for me, and I don't want to use tubehax. Thx for your answer!

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to set up a "dual boot" option for Cubic Ninja for ninjahax 1.1b and 2.1?
Because I missed Ironfall Invasion so I guess it's too late for me, and I don't want to use tubehax. Thx for your answer!
unfortunately, unless you have a CFW and can install CIAs you're out of luck currently, sorry

if you CAN then install cubic ninja or ironfall as a CIA and then install the HB launcher from them

Reactions: Fatalanus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over