Hacking [WIP] Complete Custom Firmware Guide

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hum, so in fact if I get a .cia of Ironfall Invasion, I can install it on sysnand and it will launch? or I have to install it in Emunand, maybe?

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So if I undestand well, I just install Ironfall Invasion on Emunand, and bam it works.
Now I guess that as I'm using Ninjhax 1.1b to launch the CFW, I'll have to do something about the files that I have to put on the sd card?
I mean 1.1b file and 2.1 files have the same name and I can't override 1.1b file.

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I undestand well, I just install Ironfall Invasion on Emunand, and bam it works.
Now I guess that as I'm using Ninjhax 1.1b to launch the CFW, I'll have to do something about the files that I have to put on the sd card?
all of the files stay in the same place, you just have to but the .3dsx and .smdh in their own folder in the 3ds folder on the SD card so the HB launcher can see them

Reactions: Fatalanus

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There is still something that I don't understand:
To boot IronHax, I need boot.3dsx of 2.1, right? But in order to boot CFW i need boot.3dsx of 1.1b, so how can I do to get both working? Or maybe there is something that I don't understand well?
[Sorry for the Double post, it didn't merged]

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still something that I don't understand:
To boot IronHax, I need boot.3dsx of 2.1, right? But in order to boot CFW i need boot.3dsx of 1.1b, so how can I do to get both working? Or maybe there is something that I don't understand well?
[Sorry for the Double post, it didn't merged]
didn't think of that, guess you'd have to have 2 SD cards for it... darn

EDIT: if all you use ninjhax 1.1 for is booting CFW then I recommend just using the MSET exploit to boot it and then use ninjhax 2.x after that, most of the stuff that can't run on 2.x can be installed as CIAs

Last edited by dark_samus3,

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah, this is what I'll try to do. I'm going to test Cubic Ninja .cia, it's better because I've the game so it's a backup and I prefer this way.
Cubic Ninja Emunand and launch Boot.3dsx 2.1b. I'll tell you if it work, dude. Thanks for your dedication on your thread, it's pretty well documented already!

Reactions: dark_samus3

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is what I'll try to do. I'm going to test Cubic Ninja .cia, it's better because I've the game so it's a backup and I prefer this way.
Cubic Ninja Emunand and launch Boot.3dsx 2.1b. I'll tell you if it work, dude. Thanks for your dedication on your thread, it's pretty well documented already!
maybe I can recompile it so that the old version looks for boot1.3dsx and just leave 2 as-is

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Oh, this is a pretty great idea, imo. People in the same case will get an easy answer, like that. I'm going to test CN right now.

Edit: Works like a charm with a backup of CN installed on Emunand, with boot.3dsx 2.1b. Thanks for your help! ;)

Last edited by Fatalanus,

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this is a pretty great idea, imo. People in the same case will get an easy answer, like that. I'm going to test CN right now.

Edit: Works like a charm with a backup of CN installed on Emunand, with boot.3dsx 2.1b. Thanks for your help! ;)

I'm working on the ninjhax source right now to make it boot1.3dsx that it looks for, I've figured that out now I just need to get the oss.cro files for it and the blowfish thing and I'll have to figure out the URL that it tries to go to and modify that (if you don't know what I'm talking about look here at the README.md), once I get it all working I'll probably make a new thread on GBAtemp here

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hello folks. I'll be using this guide to put cfw on my 9.2.0-20U old 3DS. I have been out of the loop and am coming back to this site after 3 years I guess.
I read through the whole guide, and wow quite there is quite a lot of new terminology which I had to look up.

I will be following the method which is without the gateway card or the cubic ninja game. There are couple of n00b questions which I need someone to clarify for me.

1. I use 2 SD cards, one 2GB and one 4GB on my Nintendo 3DS. Both have downloaded eShop titles on them. Will I have to put cfw on both of those cards? What happens if I switch my sd cards if only one has the cfw?

2. Will my eShop purchases be still in my account? Will there be a loss to any of my eShop info?

3. What happens to my friend code if I am in the cfw? Can I play online on any of the games I install and play through the cfw?

4. Which is the easiest and better one to put (for a complete beginner) : rxtools or cakes

Edit: Sorry put it in the wrong thread. Wanted to post it in the Complete Custom Firmware Guide. But I will leave this here if anyone wants to answer my questions.

I posted it in the wrong thread. Meant to post it here.

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I'm stuck on Step 8. It gives me an error of bad downgrade pack. Can anyone help?
Edit: Its done. The whole process is completed. Can anyone tell me should I update my emunand to 9.6.

Last edited by SatanicSaint,

sukh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi used this guide and everthing work fine but have few questions
1 when i install cia games in emunand then come on home screen but they show on sysnand as well . will they work from there as well? not tried it
2 when i switch on 3ds then i have to go into profile to load rxtools , first window is loading app files then have to press a then hold r for a bit and then select launch emunand . is there bit shortcut to launch in emunand as giving 3ds to my daughter .

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck on Step 8. It gives me an error of bad downgrade pack. Can anyone help?
Edit: Its done. The whole process is completed. Can anyone tell me should I update my emunand to 9.6.
if your on a o3ds updating to the latest firmware is fine but if its a new 3ds dont update past 9.5
hi used this guide and everthing work fine but have few questions
1 when i install cia games in emunand then come on home screen but they show on sysnand as well . will they work from there as well? not tried it
2 when i switch on 3ds then i have to go into profile to load rxtools , first window is loading app files then have to press a then hold r for a bit and then select launch emunand . is there bit shortcut to launch in emunand as giving 3ds to my daughter .
1. your nands are linked which is why emunand games show up on sysnand. system format your sysnand with the sd card out
2. dont press anything and it will auto boot into emunand

Last edited by BMO,
Reactions: SatanicSaint

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Some more questions:
1. I am not able to access the eshop on my emunand. What do I do?

2. Also how should I update my emunand? When I boot into emunand, I go to system update but it always gives me an error? Also my streetpass mii plaza, themes store and eshop are not working as well. But the browser and miiverse works alright. Can anyone help here?

3. Do you people play all your retail games and legit bought games in emunand or normally?

4. Do you use the sysnand at all or play everything in the emunand?

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more questions:
1. I am not able to access the eshop on my emunand. What do I do?

2. Also how should I update my emunand? When I boot into emunand, I go to system update but it always gives me an error? Also my streetpass mii plaza, themes store and eshop are not working as well. But the browser and miiverse works alright. Can anyone help here?

3. Do you people play all your retail games and legit bought games in emunand or normally?

4. Do you use the sysnand at all or play everything in the emunand?
1. free multipatcher theres a thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/
2. sysupdater but there's a chance it can brick your system so i wouldnt use it.
3. i play all my legitimate purchases(catridges and eshop games) in emunand fine.
4. youre going to be in emunand all the time for the most part

D

Deleted User

Hi, just wanted clarification, I've just installed rxtools, got the sysnand and emunand seperated, all working well. However, I noticed something odd, whenever I start Rx, whether it be from the browser or through the DS Profile, it always does that "setting up/installing" phase beforehand, then I ALWAYS have to hold the right trigger to get into emunand. How can I have it to just automatically go to RX-EmuNand when just pressing the Profile button? Is it a change of the .dat file? Any help with this would be appreciated as I set this up for a friend and he's not exactly the best at these things.

Also:
Ok, both the SysNand AND the EmuNand are both on 4.4.0-4E. How do I update JUST the EmuNand to whatever is the current best firmware to use?

Last edited by ,

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Step 8
Installing FBI

we'll be installing FBI so it shows up on your home menu
  • put the FBI CIA onto your SD card
  • start your custom firmware
  • start ninjhax
  • launch FBI
  • install the FBI CIA from there

I tried this on a new3ds @ 9.0.0.20-E, but it did not work ... it always said that AM service could not be initialized ... any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds