Hacking [WIP] Complete Custom Firmware Guide

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
De nada!

Now why do you need/want to have rxtools loaded from browser? is much easier with menuhax at boot!

I didn't/don't even know that.
I was just going following the OP's Tutorial.
Do you have any (or dou you know) a tutorial about how to do that?
I'm pretty noob at this, just started doing this downgrade+CFW yesterday

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update the Gateway Launcher loading for n3ds with the new GW.3dsx from gateway. No cubic ninja or gw card needed. Being it a homebrew you can create emunand even before you set up themehax so you can skip the FBI cia installing part for DSiware/vc support and the themehax setup to do them after unlinking. That speeds the setup very much, and leaves a pristine unlinked sysnand with themehax for booting your emunand cfw of choice.

Edit: Or you know... bypass gateway entirely using EmuNAND9Tool. No GW software, cubic ninja or any card needed. Just browserhax and hbl.
Did you even read the OP? I don't use GW software anywhere except the 4.x browserless which will work but needs to updated (obviously)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

De nada!

Now why do you need/want to have rxtools loaded from browser? is much easier with menuhax at boot!
Again, did you even read the OP? It boots from the browser first to start and later you set up menuhax...

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Step 9 (optional)
Creating an emuNAND

NOTE: you will need an internet connection set up for this step

NOTE: you can convert a Cubic Ninja ROM into CIA with the Spoiler below on converting

you'll need
  • a Cubic Ninja CIA or Cartridge
  • The gateway public beta
  • your 3ds
  • your computer
Once you have those things
  • Backup your SD card
  • copy the Cubic Ninja CIA to your SD card NOTE: Skip this step if you have a cartridge
  • open the gateway public beta and copy the Launcher.dat to your SD card
  • boot your CFW with Themehax
  • start FBI
  • Install the Cubic Ninja CIA
  • Start Cubic Ninja
  • open the gateway public beta
  • go to Save Games for New 3DS > Cubic > Select your region > open the QR code with an image viewer
  • on your 3ds go to Create > QR code > scan QR code and scan the code you opened on the computer
  • the gateway menu should load
  • take this opportunity to backup your NAND
  • scroll over and format emuNAND
This is step 9 of n3ds section. So please, I did read up the OP. Calm down as I just pointing info that perhaps needs updating. Maybe I did not word it well enough, I apologize.

In a proper setup, imho menuhax setup should be top priority as it's one of the secondary exploits that becomes primary after it's install that only needs internet connection once and allows you to keep away from the browser and wifi configuration asap, laying the path to autoboot cfw. A setup where you start preparing rxtools even before menuhax has no sense for me, as in my order, when rxtools arrives the autoboot config is already done.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I almost thought this was to be sysnand replacing, which no progress was made.
So 10.3 are to be added soon'?

Last edited by Yil,

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is step 9 of n3ds section. So please, I did read up the OP. Calm down as I just pointing info that perhaps needs updating. Maybe I did not word it well enough, I apologize.

In a proper setup, imho menuhax setup should be top priority as it's one of the secondary exploits that becomes primary after it's install that only needs internet connection once and allows you to keep away from the browser and wifi configuration asap, laying the path to autoboot cfw. A setup where you start preparing rxtools even before menuhax has no sense for me, as in my order, when rxtools arrives the autoboot config is already done.
Hmm, I usr not have hit save when I typed it up, sorry about that

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
I really like this tutorial, it's easy to understand and easy to follow. Although, I think you could perhaps make warnings about EmuNAND easier to see, such as SD card being wiped. People should indeed know what they're doing and follow the tutorial thoroughly, but just to emphasize, increase the font size a little bit and change the font color on warnings about SD card being wiped when setting up EmuNAND.

Otherwise really well written, good work @dark_samus3 ^_^

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like this tutorial, it's easy to understand and easy to follow. Although, I think you could perhaps make warnings about EmuNAND easier to see, such as SD card being wiped. People should indeed know what they're doing and follow the tutorial thoroughly, but just to emphasize, increase the font size a little bit and change the font color on warnings about SD card being wiped when setting up EmuNAND.

Otherwise really well written, good work @dark_samus3 ^_^
Noted, I'll be making big edits soon so I'll take that into account (btw you don't have to tag me when you're posting in my threads, I get alerts ;) )

Reactions: Ridge
D

Deleted User

One thing I dislike about the text on this thread is that it has too much shadow and light blue color so I can barely read it, but other than that this thread is great!

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having trouble getting Pasta CFW to work, It would load up, and I'd get two options on the top screen to install or reboot, and the bottom screen would be messed up. Now at this point, I can't click on anything, the console is practically frozen (I have to hold the power button to get out). I've tried doing this multiple times but still no luck, and because of this, I can't get FBI to install (failing everytime).

Any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night