Hacking Windows Vista - Error-checking the mircoSD card?

HoriZon-UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time i plug my 8GB card in to the microSD Adapter and then into my PC via its built in SD card slot Windows Vista wants to check the card for errors i always say no and stop it from doing it as i formatted my card with the Panasonic Formatter and dont want Windows to mess with it.

Thing is should i let it scan it, its fine no problems for 2 months now.

Its not the Adapter as it works fine with a 2GB card formatted by Windows though, its my phones card.

I have tried reformatting it and it still does the same.

HoriZon-UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
Its because its a format that Windows cannot properly use, so it think there's an error with it. Just ignore it because there's no way to fix it (yet)

Yeah i was thinking on those lines too, so everyone gets this ??

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You really should let vista check it usually it pops up because it detects faults in your microsd filesystem. I always let it run when it appears and it usually find corrupt files etc
frown.gif

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even though it's formatted with the Panasonic Formatter, it is not normal for Windows to think there are any faults with it. It should read it normally. If it says it needs to check it then there is something wrong with the card (ie. corrupted files).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm finding my own vista does this only if I use safe remove, if I don't use the safe remove function it never pops up with check disk on the next insert.

Go figure. Not to mention the added retardation that if you have a file browser open but doing nothing and try to use safe remove it says it can't because it's busy. Must be magic, as I don't use safe remove any longer in vista and just make sure the copy dialogs are finished before pulling the reader out (I have the policy for the device set for quick removal and haven't had a corruption yet.)

HoriZon-UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a feeling its to do with ScummVM and save game files as the dates are wrong (ie: 03/06/2034 - no time at all!) and windows is moaning about them.

Also DSDoom same thing with setting cfg's and dates of 01/01/1601.

Just gonna leave them for now as it works fine so not messing about.

HoriZon-UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Briankealing said:
Just unplug it while booting, and plug it in when it's done booting. It's like disk - check: windows edition.

I never have it in while booting windows only when i am in Windows do i ever plug in any card, stupid suggestion.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Windows does this to any memory card I've had in my PS3. I think Windows are just trying to kill anything non-Microsoft
tongue.gif

God I need a MacBook.

HoriZon-UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
HoriZon-UK said:
I never have it in while booting windows only when i am in Windows do i ever plug in any card, stupid suggestion.

did you say something?? i can't stop looking at this --->
av-8474.gif

-another world

hehe its an avatar i have been using for like 7+ years now its great
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc