Homebrew WIP WinDex - Pokémon Sword and Shield Companion for Windows

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
May I introduce to you WinDex, a Pokémon Sword and Shield (maybe others soon too, idk) Companion for Windows (i have no clue if it runs under wine on linux)

So, lets go straight to the features I guess:

• (WIP) PokéDex => Currently only displays Entry-number, Pokémon Name and the Sprite
  • Encounter counter => A basic counter how often you encountered a Pokémon in Shiny or Non Shiny
  • Caught "Checklist" => Check boxes where you can check if you caught it in Non Shiny and in Shiny
  • 3D Sprite Display => Displays the 3D sprite of the Pokémon. If Shiny Sparkles are shown you can see the shiny sprite by hovering over the non shiny sprite
  • Exporting All/Single Pokémon Data to .wndx to keep data if a data update happens
  • Importing Pokémon Data from .wndx
  • Updating DataBase (redownloading Sprites basically)
  • Searching for Pokémon by using their Name or Entry Number (format: #Number)

Here is what I plan to implement:

• Where to catch the Pokémon
  • Which Attacks can it learn
  • Pokémon Types
  • Probably switch from a file to a online DataBase for the values, will probably not happen tho

First time clicking on the Pokémon Generation will take a few minutes, since it's initializing.

Currently the Sprites are saved under Appdata/Roaming/WinDex, but I will probably implement that you can choose where you want to save them.

You can post your request for the programm in the Reply Section.

Windows Smart Screen and some Antivirus will block the Application from running. This is because the Application is not signed. Check VirusTotal link for more Information

VirusTotal

Download
.Net Framework 4.8 is required. You can test with other versions if you want and post your success in the Reply Section

WinDex v0.3

Source

Last edited by NicoAICP,
Reactions: JonJaded

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[UPDATE] WinDex v0.2 - Export / Import Update

This Update adds the ability to
  • Export All or Single Pokémon Data to .wndx for backup purposes (e. G. CSV Data gets updated cause missing Shiny sprites were added)
  • Importing Pokémon Data from .wndx
Download WinDex v0.2

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
love te tool but if it could get info from checkpoint/edizone save dump info then it auto check all caught and stuff waay easier but prob hard to code

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
love te tool but if it could get info from checkpoint/edizone save dump info then it auto check all caught and stuff waay easier but prob hard to code
I need to look into how the saves are made (where what value is stored) to be able to do that. Possible I would say yes, but idk how atm

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice man ya jst thought id give u that idea cuz it be easy for you and otehrs keeping tack if u want to know ask scires i think thats how u spell it he made pkhex or helped and they use .pb7 .pb8

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

pm bro im trying to learn some of this stuff looking for help/mentor

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[UPDATE] WinDex v0.3 - Search Update

This Update adds the ability to
  • Update the DataBase (basically redownloading the Sprites
  • Searching for Pokémon by using their Name or EntryNumber (format: #Number)
Download WinDex v0.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.