Will there be an english version of Dragon Quest VII on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by umdking, Aug 22, 2013.

1. umdking
    OP

umdking Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    Finland
    If anyone has info or news about this,please share.
    I love this Game as many people do,but now half a year past since the Jap ver release,still no signs of the english version.:sad:

2. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    I would be really surprised if there won't be one, after all the others coming out in English as well...

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they take right on the verge of forever to translate IV, V, and VI on the DS? We may have a long wait ahead for this one.

4. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Magic 8 ball says...

[​IMG]

jastolze likes this.
  5. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Probably not. Square Enix has been really dropping the ball on getting Dragon Quest games out in North America. The sad thing is that they did the DS remakes, two Joker games and 9 as well, yet they aren't putting out any of the games they have already released in Japan, on the 3DS. I am not sure why that is, if it's an install base issue, then it might be good to hold off releasing the games until more units are in the hands of players.

6. nexuspunk

nexuspunk the mysterious one.

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    team plasma castle.
    square seems to be dropping the ball quite a few times, i wonder whats going on over there?

7. umdking
    OP

umdking Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    Finland
    Maybe the sales of the recently DQ titles in North America and Euro is not good? So SE can't make satisfied profit,they abandoned the plan.

8. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Well, that is their fault. Maybe they should actually advertise the games outside Japan, something they only did for Sentinels of the Starry Sky.

9. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Dragon Quest is quite popular and well, I prefer any Dragon Quest game to a Final Fantasy one.
    We can probably forget about getting Dragon Quest Monsters, however Dragon Quest VII is a numbered game of the main series and they've been releasing those games worldwide, it might take a while like all Dragon Quest games did, I remembered that there were some for the DS that took nearly two years to be localised, SE is just slow, that's what I think.

10. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    The amount of babies ive sacrificed should be enough to convince the localization team to bring it on over...

Skelletonike and Ryukouki like this.