Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You know, you could always apply a red/green filter or some stereoscopy effect (either with no aids, or with the aid of glasses) in the emulator, the same ways we pull off 3D on normal screens now...

They did it with Quake 2 AbSIRD by modifying the render (though for the 3DS it doesn't have to be that type of 3D effect).

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Cyan said:
If there are roms, there will be emulators.

The touch screen would work with mouse, 3D effect will be turned off (it's only visual, I think it's not needed to play the game, as you can switch it off on the 3DS) or can be rendered side by side like stereoscopic picture and wearing glasses with mirrors or prisms to redirect each eyes without eye-crossing.
But how will the emulator do with the tilt and gyro sensors ?
some buttons to click while playing maybe ?
hahah, an emulator with a disclaimer: "This emulator may cause permanent damage to your eyes. Do not play cross-eyed for extended periods of time."
The 3D aspect really is the ultimate anti-piracy and anti-emulator tool.
tongue.gif
That alone will probably deter emulation since the authentic experience is so much more rewarding - similar to playing Wii games in Dolphin where you really can't get full enjoyment of motion controls.

But yeah - something tells me if there's a great lack of PSP emulators, the 3DS is going to be even harder to emulate - the fill rate alone is going to make games incredibly sluggish.QUOTE(t377y000 @ Jun 25 2010, 10:59 PM) games starting at 2GB? so if a flash cart was to ever come out, (which would be never) you could only fit maby 1 game on a 2GB sd or you may have to have a 4GB sd to fit 1 game on.
lol @ 3DS ROM trimming

what if that rom trimmign destroys the game, or thay make it so any type of trimming messes up everything.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Brian10122 said:
Doubt it. If the specs weren't so great ("far greater than the nintendo wii itself") than I'd definetely say its possible(because the 3D can be reduced to no 3D at all via the slider) but since the specs are supposedly similar to an xbox 360's, it's going to be very hard to emulate either way.

@HBK - I still definetely prefer VBA. I love how you can easily hold space to make it go fast. I simply hate no$gba for gba emulation, but it is definetly THE emulator for DS.
LOL? The 3DS doesn't even come CLOSE to the HD console's specs.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ha, ha...

Ha ,ha...HAHAHAHA

Sorry, you're being serious?
No$Gba is the best DS emulator out there and it still can't totally handle standard DS graphs.
If there'll be a 3DS emulator you'll have to be patient...very, very patient

*insert "to be continued" screen*

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Ha, ha...

Ha ,ha...HAHAHAHA

Sorry, you're being serious?
No$Gba is the best DS emulator out there and it still can't totally handle standard DS graphs.
If there'll be a 3DS emulator you'll have to be patient...very, very patient

*insert "to be continued" screen*

Um, you do realize an emulator just has to work to be considered an emulator. Whether it runs well or not is different. And No$gba runs fine, sure the graphics aren't replicas of what you get on the 3DS but most everything is more than playable and it runs at the same framerate as it would on a DS most of the time.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm not going to read everyone's comments, but I bet nobody mentioned that if EITHER is possible, then BOTH will get done.

Look at it this way, to make an emulator you need to know that system inside out. If you know a system inside out, then an emulator will be made. Either out of curiosity or necessity (homebrew coding).
So you can't really make an emulator for a system that has not bee hacked as there will not be enough info to emulate the system.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
An emulator will always be made of every system, but it make take time, a long time. It may be crappy, it won't be able to do 3D, at least until 3D monitors and 3D compliant software is available. An emulator will always be made.

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crappy due to the emu lacking 3D depends on the user. Some may love them because of the lack of 3D.

And of course an emulator will be made. Always has been done, always will be done.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
ZeWarrior said:
Brian10122 said:
Doubt it. If the specs weren't so great ("far greater than the nintendo wii itself") than I'd definetely say its possible(because the 3D can be reduced to no 3D at all via the slider) but since the specs are supposedly similar to an xbox 360's, it's going to be very hard to emulate either way.

@HBK - I still definetely prefer VBA. I love how you can easily hold space to make it go fast. I simply hate no$gba for gba emulation, but it is definetly THE emulator for DS.
Waaait.. How do you know that? Please, do tell us the 3DS full specifications! What we've heard so far is rumours and that some unknown company announced it's graphics hardware is being used.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
fgghjjkll said:
ZeWarrior said:
Brian10122 said:

Waaait.. How do you know that? Please, do tell us the 3DS full specifications! What we've heard so far is rumours and that some unknown company announced it's graphics hardware is being used.
Um, yeah. And have you seen the demo of Resident Evil: Revelations? Looks pretty damn good to me. And Kojima himself compared the 3DS to the PS3.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ofcourse theyre going to make an emulator for it, questions are 1. Will it work? 2. When will it be released?

Theyll have to hack the flashcarts first so they can dump roms

After that everyone will focus on flashcards instead of emulation which is good

But in the end someone will try and make an emulator and maybe even succeed

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.