Hardware Will the WiiKey team still update WiiKey V1?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's just hope they don't go down the R4Team route
smile.gif

I'm sure they won't, unless Ninty go all Medieval on their ass

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update for the wiikey v1 ? LOL

More chance of being woken up each day with a blow-job from a different Supermodel.

It's dead!!! and it's been dead for a long while now. kaput . finto .end...get it yet ?

madmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If history teaches you anything, the dudes behind wiikey won't support sh|t unless someone twists their arm. Time and time they have shown they rather make a "new" chip and abandon the "old" one and stick it to the end user. Wiikey ---> D2CKey ---> D2Pro ---> D2Pro9 ----> D2Pro9 w/ D2C2 support ----> D2Pro9 w/ D2E support ---> D2Lite ---> Wiikey 2.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
madmods said:
If history teaches you anything, the dudes behind wiikey won't support sh|t unless someone twists their arm. Time and time they have shown they rather make a "new" chip and abandon the "old" one and stick it to the end user. Wiikey ---> D2CKey ---> D2Pro ---> D2Pro9 ----> D2Pro9 w/ D2C2 support ----> D2Pro9 w/ D2E support ---> D2Lite ---> Wiikey 2.
The D2 brand of modchips aren't made by wiikey...are they?

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
madmods said:
Yup they are.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
madmods said:
Yup they are.
Then why would they make another modchip titled "wiikey 2"? All of a sudden this makes no sense...

EDIT: After doing a bit more research, I think I know why it's been made. It's very similar to the D2Pro9, but it replaces the IC chip. This makes the Wiikey 2 cheaper to produce (and cheaper to buy), and it gets rid of all the bugs the D2Pro9 has. The only thing that the D2Pro9 has that the Wiikey 2 doesn't is JTAG upgradability, which means 100% of the modchip can be changed. The Wiikey has DVD upgradability, which has worked great so far for every game Nintendo dishes out, so I don't see it as a problem. Hopefully they support it as much as they do the D2Pro9!

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
NeSchn said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
madmods said:
Yup they are.
Then why would they make another modchip titled "wiikey 2"? All of a sudden this makes no sense...
Simple, they wanted a cheaper alternative because of all the clones out now. Therefore the reason of the Wiikey 2 and the reason it is cheaper than the D2Pro

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If team wiikey were smart they would provide an upgrade for the v1 if required so if a v1 chip was broken the user would then think about getting v2.
Sounds like common sense to me.

Cheers

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
NeSchn said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
madmods said:
Yup they are.
Whoah, then I take back what I said, they probably won't support it
tongue.gif
I thought the WiiKey was their only product, and that the support for it has been reasonable. I mean, sure, their updates were a bit late, but in the end the support is quite good.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
NeSchn said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
madmods said:
Yup they are.
Whoah, then I take back what I said, they probably won't support it
tongue.gif
I thought the WiiKey was their only product, and that the support for it has been reasonable. I mean, sure, their updates were a bit late, but in the end the support is quite good.
I think they'll support it fine. From my understanding, the Wiikey 2 isn't far off from the D2Pro9, so they should just be able to tweak a few things in their updates and release it on the wiikey site. Also, even with the D2Pro9 out, the updates for the Wiikey v1 were good (not great, but good).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination