Gaming Will Nintendo ever release SNES games on the 3DS Virtual Console?

Will Nintendo ever release SNES games on the 3DS Virtual Console?

• Yes

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nintendo is supposed to link 3ds vc and wii u vc at some point where we won't have to worry about this, sometime around when miiverse is integrated into the 3ds. hopefully by the end of the calender year this will happen. which could be the delay, especially if they do a dual system buy.
Where did you get this info? Out of curiosity.. :P

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. I strongly believe there are already official emulators for all older Nintendo systems already, they just haven't released any of them yet. Cause as far as coding a new snes emulator for the 3ds is childs play for nintendo.
2. I find it very annoying when some one like sega has been launching a bunch of there classic games on steam, and other divices, but nintendo wont even launch there own classic games on there own freaking hardware.
3. Nintendo should let people make one master account for games and let me play them on any system they are made available for, as in, like steam I can play any of my games on any single PC, Mac, or even linux if it is supported. Like I own nes mario bros on wii, i shouldn't have to buy it again on the 3ds.
4. What is with Nintendo these days? They make the wii U, which from what I am observing is bombing hard currently, and they got an other system, the 3ds, and honestly, for how long it's been out it feels highly neglected at this point, there isnt a heck of a lot of good games for it, some of the better ones are just ports of older ones, like OOT and starfox. We all know they are gonna make a S**t ton of money on pokemon, but then what? Most android/ipod etc phones and devices have more/better selection then the 3ds, the only thing the 3ds has over them is buttons and a joy stick.

I dont understand big business, but using basic logic... I dont see nintendo's "end game" turn out so well at this point. I've been wrong many times thinking this way. When the first DS systems came out i was like, this thing is dumb and big and ugly compaired to the psp, but it was cheaper and had fun games. and the wii I was the same, this thing has lame hardware and gimics, but again at the time much cheaper then xbox/ps3 and had fun games.
This time around however I don't know how they are gonna shelter the storm, they are trumped hardware wise compared to the nex gen xbox/ps4, the big man EA games refuses to make modern games for the wii U, which is a bad sign in general, cause EA loves money.

Call me negative, but I want Nintendo to flop on consoles, and is forced to sell there games to every one. wouldn't that kick ass? To be able to play any Nintendo game on any piece of hardware powerful enough?

I agree with you on the Wii U front but you gotta be kidding me with the no games for 3ds thing.
The 3DS has a huge catalog of games and has been anything but neglected this year.
I personally think it's the best handheld Nintendo's ever released though like everyone else I do wish they'd quit jerking everyone around and just release some GBA and SNES games.

Also, Android/iphone/mobile with a better selection of games than the 3DS?
Nope.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Emily Rogers. one of the more trusted twitter reporters.

Then it's only a rumour, and it's hard to believe in it.

Also, if it happens, I believe you will only be able to play titles you aquired on WiiU on 3DS,
if they became avaiable for purchase for 3DS e-shop.
Don't expect to play SNES or GBA by Nintendo so soon,
and if you expect N64 emulation on 3DS, keep dreaming cuz it ain't gonna happen.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think Nintendo will make snes and gba available that soon :/ too bad i would love to get some old nostalgic titles :)

And that's why I've decided to run Snes, NES, GBA, etc games on the Wii U/vWii mode instead :P There's not a chance in hell of Nintendo coding Snes emulation on the 3DS simply because they're too lazy.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo isn't synonymous with logic.

GBA is already possible on 3DS eshop, just look at the Ambassador Program they did in the past. They already have/had a handful of quality Nintendo GBA games available for free to early 3DS adopters. Let me repeat that.... they already have GBA games developed and working as virtual console titles on 3DS, and aren't selling them, even though the cost on them to digitally distribute costs them nothing, and they'd essentially just be making free profit. They have nothing to lose and lots to gain however it baffles me that they don't make use of their assets even on their own systems to maintain better profitability.

"Hey we have all these games you wanna buy and play that would only take us a moment to put up on the eShop for you to enjoy, but we decided not to"

I mean seriously... how long did it take them to organize and implement the Ambassador Program, 20 games mind you, on the 3DS eShop? A month? less? The Ambassador Program was meant to calm the rage of fan boys over the sudden, unexpected price drop when the system was barely a third of a year old because the system wasn't selling so hot at $220+. It couldn't have took their eShop team more than a few days or week to make those select GBA games 3DS-ready.

Also doesn't make sense that they don't invade the Android Play Store (neutral territory) with enhanced ports. Nintendo is one of the few developers left that stay strict on releasing completed, quality titles. Even if they release blunders, those blunders still have quality production value and presentation, they would dominate the play store.

If you want my opinion, I think Nintendo should make well built, well designed, high quality controllers for Android and PC, as well as requiring games they release on those systems to require those controllers. Mind you those controllers/games can/could be modded, but Nintendo only has to do what they can to limit that, and support only their methods. Premium-class tablets and phones have better CPU and GPU than the 3DS. Sub-standard or greater gaming PCs have better CPU and GPU (Graphics card) than Wii and Wii U. The Wii U and 3DS are just inferior computers with exclusive software being one of the few appeals of the systems. Nintendo games and arguably the controllers are the only thing that make Nintendo systems a necessity. The systems are just digital hubs between the controller in your hands and the screen in your eyes, you don't the actual console itself in the middle of that if your computer could be that hub. And then no one could complain about shitty web browser and Youtube apps.

And if you're wondering what kind of controller Nintendo could do for phone's/tablets, there are actually a few bluetooth controllers that hold your device in place above the controller similar to Nvidia Shield. The problem is alot of them are cheaply made, however if Nintendo were to make one themselves, I have no doubt it would be among the best of it's kind in function and quality. Nintendo vs Moga would be like Nintendo vs Mad Catz... I mean its not even a contest.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I love this image:
Ea6DN8b.png

Edit: Is that too large?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it's only a rumour, and it's hard to believe in it.

Also, if it happens, I believe you will only be able to play titles you aquired on WiiU on 3DS,
if they became avaiable for purchase for 3DS e-shop.
Don't expect to play SNES or GBA by Nintendo so soon,
and if you expect N64 emulation on 3DS, keep dreaming cuz it ain't gonna happen.

6 months (or so) ago she announced that 3ds and wii u would merge E-shop accounts and 3ds would gain miiverse.
let that one sink in for a little bit.
not stating that it "will" happen, as rumors are rumors, but I do believe she is the most trusted source I've found by far.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During E3 they said both the 3ds and wii u are getting n64 games in their VCs with only the wii-u getting the gba. I still find it to be a very odd set of choices by nintendo.

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During E3 they said both the 3ds and wii u are getting n64 games in their VCs with only the wii-u getting the gba. I still find it to be a very odd set of choices by nintendo.

So, they're completely skipping the SNES, and not even bringing the most wanted hand-held virtual console...GOOD JOB, NINTENDO!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if Iwata ever said it, but Yamauchi said many times Nintendo will never publish games on other platforms. They'll stop making software if their hardware business ever fails.

I'd say that too after seeing what CDI did when they were allowed to use Nintendo's franchises.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Are you sure?
I don't ever remember of Nintendo talking about N64 on 3DS.
Also it's nonsense to release N64 titles on 3DS VC and avoid GBA and SNES that are both much easier to emulate given the limited hardware that 3DS has.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously? That's a messed up and lazy thing to ask for considering the nintendo directs are a google search away. And I don't in-courage laziness.

Are you sure?
I don't ever remember of Nintendo talking about N64 on 3DS.
Also it's nonsense to release N64 titles on 3DS VC and avoid GBA and SNES that are both much easier to emulate given the limited hardware that 3DS has.

Yes I am sure. I ranted on how stupid of a decision it was for Nintendo in the original thread during the direct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up