Will linking my NNID from modded O3DS XL to an unmodded O3DS XL cause problems with system transfer?

DarqPhoenix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
If I link my NNID to the unmodded one in order to download a copy of pokemon picross from the eshop will that affect system transfer from the modded one?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can only connect to NNID with the same console. If you want your NNID on another console you'll need to use System Transfer, or call Nintendo and ask them to unlink your NNID.

I know that, I have it on my old 3ds XL can it be redownloaded from eshop or is that not possible anymore?
Re-downloading is still possible.

DarqPhoenix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I have it on the hacked one. What I am really asking is that I want to mod the unmodded one and transfer all my data over from the modded one to the unmodded one. I have to have CFW on the unmodded one first, in order for me to do that, one of the methods is to have Pokemon Picross on it first (I think). So that's why I wanted to know if linking my NNID to the unmodded one would affect system transfer.
Post automatically merged:

You can only connect to NNID with the same console. If you want your NNID on another console you'll need to use System Transfer, or call Nintendo and ask them to unlink your NNID.

Re-downloading is still possible.
That's good to know. Thanks

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have it on the hacked one. What I am really asking is that I want to mod the unmodded one and transfer all my data over from the modded one to the unmodded one. I have to have CFW on the unmodded one first, in order for me to do that, one of the methods is to have Pokemon Picross on it first (I think). So that's why I wanted to know if linking my NNID to the unmodded one would affect system transfer.
There are other methods available than the Picross game. You should not update the unmodded device to 11.17 as this limits the options.

You should find a working path to B9S on
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

For the case you updated the target system and need Pichax, there are the two options mentioned above: Transfer to the unhacked device or ask Nintendo for help unlinking the NNID server side.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

That's good to know. Thanks
Follow this guide for best route to installing cfw

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

DarqPhoenix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
There are other methods available than the Picross game. You should not update the unmodded device to 11.17 as this limits the options.

You should find a working path to B9S on
3ds.hacks.guide/

For the case you updated the target system and need Pichax, there are the two options mentioned above: Transfer to the unhacked device or ask Nintendo for help unlinking the NNID server side.
Unfortunately it was updated before to 11.17. So can I do a system transfer from the modded to the unmodded one before I mod it?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.