Hacking Will incompatible usb devices ever be compatible?

spanktastic2120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an IDE to USB converter with the same hardware ID (14CD 6600) as 2 devices on the compatibility list that are incompatible. Its not the same as either of the ones on the list, but i assume that because it has the same hardware ID number that they all have some main component in common.

anyway, i was wondering if there are plans to add support for unsupported devices, or if there is anything i can do to add this support, or some really nifty way to make it work. i searched around everywhere i could but could not find anything about adding support.

also, ive tried every usb loader i can find, and it doesnt work on any of them, it just never gets detected, but on almost all of them it causes the timer to slow down quite a bit. basically, if its unplugged the timer goes at a normal speed, when i plug it in it takes about 45 seconds for each interval.

spanktastic2120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said to install cIOSX rev21Beta2 with 58 as a base, which i did, and the device is still unrecognized. that was all the advice he had for me.

any other ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's all he wanted? To bad, i was hoping for more, like 2-3 test versions which try to use various ids it would refuse to use normally.

Anyways, you need to try updated loaders, on rev18 something was changed that brakes all HDDs on all not udated loaders. Try cIOS rev20 with base 37,38, 56 and 57 in the latest NeoGamma R9 beta. If that doesn't work, your HDD seems to be really incompatible at the moment, at least with Waninkoko's cIOS.

spanktastic2120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark-Aries: ive tried hermes, it didnt work either.

WiiPower: its not a HDD but rather an IDE to USB adapter, but ill try what you said and get back to you. is support regularly added for devices or is that something mostly just ignored?

spanktastic2120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, i just tried rev20, rev20b, and rev21 beta 2 (from waninkoko) with 37, 38, 56, and 57 as bases, and tested neogamma r9 beta 41 with every combination, none of which worked.

next idea?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
spanktastic2120 said:
anyway, i was wondering if there are plans to add support for unsupported devices, or if there is anything i can do to add this support, or some really nifty way to make it work. i searched around everywhere i could but could not find anything about adding support.

unless you want to wait forever, then I'd buy a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1