Mquaza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi,
I bought a used O3DS XL that I wanted to install CFW on. It has the latest version 11.4.0-37E. On the Homebrew site 3dsbrew.org it is stated that you can enter Homebrew on 11.4 via Doodlebomb.

If I do that, will I be able to downgrade my 3DS to 11.3/11.2? If yes, how can it be done?
Or can you just simply follow the instructions on the 3ds.guide and go from where you have enteres the Homebrew launcher and install AHL9 and Luma normally?

Thanks for replys.

Poslano z mojega SM-G930F z uporabo Tapatalk

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot get CFW on 11.4. I would take the system and get one that's 11.3 or lower. You also cannot downgrade from 11.4.

Mquaza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You cannot get CFW on 11.4. I would take the system and get one that's 11.3 or lower. You also cannot downgrade from 11.4.
Thanks. Will it be possible anytime soon. I don't remember how long it took to make 11.3 unlockable.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Will it be possible anytime soon. I don't remember how long it took to make 11.3 unlockable.

No one knows if or when anything will happen. Nintendo made it a lot harder to hack the system with 11.4 so fix may not be in sight for awhile.

Mquaza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
No one knows if or when anything will happen. Nintendo made it a lot harder to hack the system with 11.4 so fix may not be in sight for awhile.
Can you do anything usefull in terms of installing *.3ds files with homebrew (games, programs like JKSM etc)? With no CFW.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you do anything usefull in terms of installing *.3ds files with homebrew (games, programs like JKSM etc)? With no CFW.

No, without CFW you can't install games or homebrew in .cia format.
.3ds files can only be played/used with a flashcart like Gateway or Sky3DS/Sky3DS+
In order to install a CFW you must need to be in FW 11.3 or lower.
11.4 only has userland homebrew (Homebrew with certain restrictions, since they take over certain programs, so they have the same "privileges" as them)

Last edited by AxlSt00pid, , Reason: Grammar fixing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.