Hacking Will Connecting a Nintendo Account from a Banned Switch get my Clean Switch Banned Also?

TAYM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my brother used to share the same Switch. I bought online for it and everything as well as a bunch of games. My brother likes to hack though and got it banned from online services. I bought a switch lite separate from him now and was wondering if linking the Nintendo account that had all the games and online membership would get my clean switch banned as well.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
That depends. Was the console banned or your account? If only the console was banned, then no. If the account was banned, as long as I know you should get a prompt when trying to log in.

Reactions: TAYM

TAYM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends. Was the console banned or your account? If only the console was banned, then no. If the account was banned, as long as I know you should get a prompt when trying to log in.
I tried to log in to the hacked account on Nintendo's website and it worked. Does that mean it should be ok?

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I tried to log in to the hacked account on Nintendo's website and it worked. Does that mean it should be ok?
I've heard of very few Nintendo accounts getting banned through the years, and none of them were because of a single banned console.
If you can make full use of you account, it means it's not banned. It doesn't mean, however, that's not flagged. This means that Nintendo didn't ban you but has you on a "list" for potential bans. If you get a new console and wanna hack it, don't use the same account, or log-in with it, download your games/saves/stuff, log-off, log-in with another one and then hack it.
Nothing is set on stone, but there's not such thing as being careful enough.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo doesn't ban accounts. They never did it and they will never do that. So, it doesn't matter if you use your account from the banned switch. This console has been banned because you used unauthorized software.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Nintendo doesn't ban accounts. They never did it and they will never do that. So, it doesn't matter if you use your account from the banned switch. This console has been banned because you used unauthorized software.
They usually don't, mostly cause they are free and extremely easy to create on batch. It's way easier and effective to simply ban a console.
But that doesn't mean they 100% don't ban accounts.

TAYM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Logged into the account. As of writing this I'm not banned yet! Thank you to everyone who responded!

Reactions: Milad

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates on this?

Update: Logged into the account. As of writing this I'm not banned yet! Thank you to everyone who responded!

Nintendo will pretty much only ban accounts based on fraud. Mostly from credit card/PayPal chargebacks. Or if you use an eShop game code that was purchased fraudulently. So don't use CD key sites to buy your games. If you want a discount, change your region and buy games from other regions.

Other than that, as others have said, when it comes to hacking, Nintendo will only ban the hardware, not the account. So you'll be just fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hartleyshc,
Reactions: ShonenJump

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No it won’t I had my very first switch banned and I’ve connected the same account to two others without any issues Nintendo themselves say it’s ok. I was in the same situation as you with 26 games on eshop and an ongoing online subscription, no problems go ahead.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.