Will a 4GB Sandisk Class 4 play castlevania ok ?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by coops024, Dec 13, 2007.

1. coops024
    OP

coops024 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    Southampton UK
    As the title says

I just bought a Cyclo DS evo and 4GB Sandisk Micro SDHC card (Class 4)

Will this play all the roms ok ? (particularly PoR and DoS)

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    My Sandisk class 2 4GB SDHC lags TERRIBLY on the DOS and freezes a lot on POR in my Acekard RPG, haven't tried it in the CycloDS but I should expect the same will happen..

The class 4 should probably be more reliable. According to Wikipedia they're twice as fast as the class 2

3. cippy

cippy Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    Freo, Western Australia
    I purchased a Japanese Kingston 4 gig (class 4) card off ebay and haven't had any lag/freeze problems playing POR. Sandisk's are generally poor when it comes to random access timings. There are a couple threads over at the cyclods forums discussing this. Might be worth checking out.

4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005

where did u get your cyclo from and how inl shipping

thanks

5. Chotaz

Chotaz I'm back! :D

Sep 20, 2007
    realhotstuff.com,
    they test every unit before shipping(u dont get DoA, and less chance of getting a faulty card),im in portugal, so they cheap international and all for 120€(2units+2GB Kingston JAP microSD)

6. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    its out of stock sir

7. Chotaz

Chotaz I'm back! :D

Sep 20, 2007
    you can pre-order now and they'll send it when they ahve stock, i belice new stock is coming mid december like 15th December or so

8. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    i have the M3 Real with a 6gb Sandisk class 4 and its absolutely fine. Portait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow both superb. Only about a quarter of the way through POR but not had a crash yet

9. coops024
    OP

coops024 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    Southampton UK
    Got it from here http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/

But went for a Kingston 4GB SDHC in the end ! Still Class 4 but everything runs ok !

10. EDALBNUG

EDALBNUG Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2007
    United States
    I was eyeing for an SDHC initially, but ended up getting 2 regular 2GB Kingston microSDs. I ran some quick speed tests with it and found that while the one made in Taiwan was slower, it was something around 19MB/s of transfer rate, while the Japanese one topped off at aroudn 20MB/s. My brother had a Sandisk 2GB microSD and that card had a laughable transfer speed of 8.x MB/s. I ran into lots of freezes with the sandisk one, maybe 1 or 2 freezes with the TW Kingston, and zero freeze for the JP Kingston. The random access time for all 3 card was 0.1ms. So I don't think the random access time makes a difference, but the transfer rate does.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice