Will a 32GB SDHC card work with my softmodded Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Supa_S, Jun 21, 2012.

Jun 21, 2012
  1. Supa_S
    OP

Newcomer Supa_S Member

Bahrain
    Hi there

I recently softmodded my Wii 4.3U and then downgraded it to 4.1U and I'm looking to purchase a 32gb SDHC card to store my hacking files in as well as install wads on

What I mean by installing wads is that I will install the wad on the Wii then move it to the memory card to free up some system memory

So my question is, will a 32GB SDHC card work on a modded Wii? Will any brand work?

I'm looking at the Amazon Basics one as well as the Transcend one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058GH2DY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VNKNF0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
  3. Supa_S
    OP

Newcomer Supa_S Member

Bahrain
    I was following a thorough guide on Youtube and the guy said he prefers to downgrade to 4.1U because Priiloader works better on it so I did :)

But you still didn't answer my question though - will I be able to use it? I'm only looking to use it for Wiiware & VC games (obtained through installing wads)

So install the wads and then move the games from the system's memory to the SD card and just play directly off the SD card

4. Hunter X

Member Hunter X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your first mistake was trusting youtube. Lol, the blind leading the blind.

5. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Yes it'll work.

But I STRONGLY suggest downloading Modmii to re-softmod your Wii. Most guides on Youtube have no idea what they're doing.