Homebrew WiiWare/VC wads install directly to SD card

geoGolem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a large number of WADS for wiiware and vc games that I would like to install and have available to run all at once. Since the Wii system memory is so small a 32GB SD card seems to be the best route. I can use a Wad Manager to install the wads to the system memory and then manually move each individual channel from the wii system memory to the sd card one at a time through the wii system menu. There has to be a better way. I realize that a ticket must be created on the wii itself in order for the wiiware or vc to work properly even if its running off of the SD card. Couldn't a wad manager install to the system memory and move to SD card automatically? It would take forever for me to install and move all the wads/channels I want.

geoGolem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried this before with WiiFlow, Mighty Channels etc. It causes wii flow to crash all the time, and mighty channels took forever to load. Games worked 80% of the time but online features were not supported. I would much prefer to have them all available on a 32GB SD card and play them using the real nand but I guess this is not possible. I'll try out usb loader gx since this now has emunand support... but I would still prefer to use an SD card.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ha, I had the same problem recently (on my little brothers Wii), and was thinking about the sneek2o route, but in the end just opted to do half an hour every day or so, managing about 8 each time, then giving him his Wii back after a week-ish.
It's nice to get everything done and be able to access them all, but you won't be playing more than a couple or so in a day anyway... patience young Padawan and all that maybe...;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night