Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
downloaded the second link again and still the same problem customisemii loads and the file name is pasted but not opened, if the file is opened before the update box appears the program appears that it will continue with the process.

Tried it a couple of times clicking the open button the process starts and then the update box appears but the program exits and the update box disappears and the rest of the iso creation continues

What OS are you using?

You will have to explain exactly what is happening as I never get to see this problem.

So you will have to describe precisely where it is failing and then I can see if I can catch it for you.

Are you saying that each time it is run, customisemii runs, the file name is pasted but never gets loaded?

Are you saying that then, each time at this point, if you click the open button the process starts, the update box appears (and is closed) and from then on the process is OK?

Please clarify, which program exits but still the rest of the iso creation continues?

My guess is it has something to do with the update box appearing behind the main customisemii window - not sure tho because it just works at this end.

/EDIT fixed in latest version

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What OS are you using? Xp pro sp3

customisemii runs, the file name is pasted but never gets loaded? correct

each time at this point, if you click the open button the process starts, the update box appears (and is ignored(in background) and closed as app closes) and from then the process continues

which program exits but still the rest of the iso creation continues? customisemii exits cause the task has completed

My guess is it has something to do with the update box appearing behind the main customisemii window? incorrect the update window appears on top of the customisemii window, but the file name is pasted in a good 1-2 seconds maybe more before the update window appears

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@longtom1

Looks like some of the Autoit commands that this script uses could be platform specific.

I have replaced mouse clicks within the script with key presses, as XP seems to have a problem with the mouse clicks

This all works fine on my setup and hopefully will be more compatible with other windows versions
smile.gif

Wad2ISO

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Thanks for the update Tristar great program, saved me LOADS of time
grog.gif
You're welcome
wink.gif

I was thinking that it's a shame that the new ciosX revs don't seem to work with triiforce at the moment and because of that, many will just have to do without the latest rev in order to keep triiforce working.

So I had a little look into it and found out that its pretty simple to install rev 17 and earlier to another slot and have rev 19 in slot 249. (The triiforcemodv23 already does this but involves installing yet another cios to slot 199, which I personally didn't want to do as I already have an unused cIOS in slot 250)

cIOS 249 installs a backup copy into slot 250, which many of us do not need to use. I know some will be using it, but I reckon most don't.

Anyhow, I installed rev 17 and used BlueDump to pack cIOS 250 into a wad. Then I installed rev 19 and used wad manager to replace the rev19 slot 250 with the rev 17 slot 250.

All that's left to do is re-do forwarders using slot 250, and then I get the best of both worlds, at least until a ciosX turns up that will work with triiforce again. (A simple mouse-click in v3)

In earlier versions, if you run Wad2ISO+, point it at the dols in the triiforwarders folder and pick a cios slot - it churns out alternative dols that use that cIOS instead of 249.
biggrin.gif

Of course, you have to set up the slot yourself - but that's a piece of cake !
wink.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks great Tristar its perfect for now until the new revs of cios are compatible with triiforce again, it is a shame though, i would have loved to see wifi compatibility with it but this is a good workaround until then thanks again

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tristar i have been using your cIOS switch program and it works great, but i have a small bug i get everytime, if i select a list a dols to switch IOS of, it will always fail/skip the very last one on the list and i have to go and do it again, I tried in both win 7 and xp, is there a fix for this?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Hey Tristar i have been using your cIOS switch program and it works great, but i have a small bug i get everytime, if i select a list a dols to switch IOS of, it will always fail/skip the very last one on the list and i have to go and do it again, I tried in both win 7 and xp, is there a fix for this?

Fixed, also cIOS switch incorporated into options of Wad2ISO
smile.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's supposed to

If you have a few hundred to do and decide to do it overnight, you wouldn't wan't that annoying beeping going on
wink.gif

Come to think of it - I'm not sure why you would wan't that row even if you're NOT going to bed
biggrin.gif

It actually mutes just before the programs are going to make a row and un-mutes afterwards.

Doesn't do it with dols tho' cos partition builder / wiiscrubber don't run when altering them.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im running into a problem ,im useing cfg loader 56-222 to load every thing my homebrew loads fine but i go to use my wii ware/vc and i get a black screen or it takes me back to the wii menu(it takes me back when i load the dol throught cfg)i have the triifoece dol folder in the root of my sd card woundering if there is some thing im missing?
my wii setup up is
4.2 sys menu
249r19,202 222 223 224 all r5,
i used sfdump for my nand dump(not shure i got program name right)
now i used showmii to install all the wads to my nand
and wad2iso wo make the image.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
ok im running into a problem ,im useing cfg loader 56-222 to load every thing my homebrew loads fine but i go to use my wii ware/vc and i get a black screen or it takes me back to the wii menu(it takes me back when i load the dol throught cfg)i have the triifoece dol folder in the root of my sd card woundering if there is some thing im missing?
my wii setup up is
4.2 sys menu
249r19,202 222 223 224 all r5,
i used sfdump for my nand dump(not shure i got program name right)
now i used showmii to install all the wads to my nand
and wad2iso wo make the image.

Triiforce wont work with 249r19

Put r19 in slot 250 and put r17 back in 249, then you can set your loader to 250 for games and load the wads & HB with 222/223/249

Infact if you are using 222 to load everything then you dont need r19 at all, just drop back to r17.

If you still have trouble using r17, then it prolly means you have to revert at least the 222 to v4 or load your wads with 249r17
wink.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works thanks man some one should put all this in one sticky ya know, ok tryed to exit but i get black screen no menu? ok wait it just came back system menu currupt,but i can hit reset and get my normal system menu back

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
works thanks man some one should put all this in one sticky ya know, ok tryed to exit but i get black screen no menu? ok wait it just came back system menu currupt,but i can hit reset and get my normal system menu back

go to the root of your nand dump and find the folder called ticket.

go into ticket folder and find folder called 00000001 (this is the system menu)

rename this folder to something else - I just add hide on the end = 00000001hide

If you have a file called 00000002.tik inside the '00000001' folder - you can rename that instead of the whole folder.

Now the wiiware will exit when you hit home then wii menu after a game
yay.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Tristar said:
go to the root of your nand dump and find the folder called ticket.

go into ticket folder and find folder called 00000001 (this is the system menu)

rename this folder to something else - I just add hide on the end = 00000001hide

Now the wiiware will exit when you hit home then wii menu after a game
yay.gif
That is GOLDEN information my friend!!! I haven't tested it yet, but man oh man, that will make my triiforce experience so much better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay