Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Almost hands-free creation of ISO forwarders to launch installed wiiware / vc titles installed on NAND.
Drag your files onto your Wad2ISO shortcut, or start up and use the file selection dialog to point it at your image / wad file(s).

It really is that simple! There are options available, but it works automatically on defaults if you want to run a 'set and forget' job :yay:
When its done you'll have ISO's for your usb loader (it has worked with every loader I've tried).

The latest stable Triiforce Revision has been renamed and used as a single loader, that is launched from a folder called NandGames in the root of either SD : or USB :
(It is renamed to avoid confusion with Triiforce versions that have not yet had the source-code error corrected, preventing in-line arguments being accepted, as detailed in Issue 11 at the Triiforce Subversion repository)

The forwarder ISO's send your preselected game options to a single loader - eliminating unnecessary duplicate loaders for every game ISO :wacko: , but maintaining ease of Triiforce upgrade (as only the single loader need be replaced instead of re-creating many loaders / ISO images)
The folder NandGames (containing Loader.dol) will be created within the Wad2ISO folder each run, but need only be copied to the root of your SD or USB once.
If your nand dump and NandGames folder are both on USB, you don't need the SD card at all! :yay:
Download Wad2ISO (Final Build)
Easily translate key texts yourself, to make it work in languages other than English :toot:
Make a folder called cfg in the folder you installed Wad2ISO to. Create Language.txt in the cfg folder (It can simply be an empty text file)
The next time you run Wad2ISO, it will pop up a message that the Language.txt file is corrupt and offer to fix it.
Open the fixed file in a text editor and change the Window and Button titles to the language of your OS.
You can generate a set (Full/3D/2D) of covers from either the 2D or Full cover source (any png, tif, gif, jpg or bmp image) so you only need to design or locate 1 file for your covers, instead of all 3.

27f138d19b217e5ebe6b19c38ed758026g.jpg

Imagemagik is the work-horse for covers, so you might need the support files for it to work (A lot of people will already have them installed, so try it out first). :wink:

If a title results in a black screen - check if changing the video mode helps. If you want to use the latest cIOSX and keep triiforce forwarders working, you can change the cIOS that the forwarders use in the options page

Reactions: OfficialBrony

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks very much. it's very handy. I tried this with 9 games. The wii scrubber part stopped working 2 or 3 times, but otherwise the conversion was smooth.

Edit: All forwarders are tested, and noone worked. I probably did something wrong. Where do I put the dol files?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would probably like the program. However...after creating my first ISO and using that in configurable usb loader, it just rebooted upon launching.
Turns out the game itself doesn't work on NAND emu for some reason. So I guess the program works perfectly: it allows me to crash my game faster than usual.
wink.gif

Gotta check out the triiforce and sneek threads...I'm still rather new to NAND emulatoring.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
I would probably like the program. However...after creating my first ISO and using that in configurable usb loader, it just rebooted upon launching.
Turns out the game itself doesn't work on NAND emu for some reason. So I guess the program works perfectly: it allows me to crash my game faster than usual.
wink.gif

Gotta check out the triiforce and sneek threads...I'm still rather new to NAND emulatoring.

The ISO forwarder reboots the Wii if it doesn't find the corresponding Title installed in nand - saves it hanging forever
wink.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vattu said:
thanks very much. it's very handy. I tried this with 9 games. The wii scrubber part stopped working 2 or 3 times, but otherwise the conversion was smooth.

Edit: All forwarders are tested, and noone worked. I probably did something wrong. Where do I put the dol files?

Which loader are you using? The forwarder ISOs work with any loader I have tried.

dol files no longer required with v3.0 - Of course the wads have to be installed to a nand dump on SD/USB in order for any of these to work.
wink.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Jiiwah

If you have wiiware installed to a nand dump then just run this and locate your wad files. It will then generate for each wad file an ISO forwarder to be installed on configurable usb loader drive along with your other games.

After that the games show up as normal disc games - you select the disc which locates the loader and loads your title.

It's a boring task creating the files manually so this does all the clicking and program swapping while you take it easy - just the way I like it!

I also realised that several games need to have specific options 'forced' for them to work, so with the updated version you can utilise all settings that Triiforce has to fix any troublesome titles.

Probably won't fix ALL games but it made all mine work so should at least help with some titles

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tristar said:
Wever said:
wink.gif

I think the ISO forwarder reboots if it doesn't find the corresponding dol in the triiforwarders folder - saves it hanging forever
wink.gif
Thanks for the clarification. One of the games that ran on USB nand now loads fine.
smile.gif

Still gotta poke around with the video option thingies, but I can confirm that the forwarding itself works great. the only other game I tested forwarded straight into the "invalid video format" I got.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it working. though, there is a bug which creates another bug later. let me explain.

sometimes, when the partition1 image is created with partition builder, you get prompted and asked if you want to overwrite the already existing file. I choose "yes". it's a minor halt, and should be easily fixed. but every time this prompt comes up, wii scrubber won't function properly. it quits badly, and you have to stop the 2 wad2iso-processes from task manager before continuing.

I don't know why this happens or why it is so random.

thanks for a great program. it works (mostly).
wink.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vattu said:
I got it working. though, there is a bug which creates another bug later. let me explain.

sometimes, when the partition1 image is created with partition builder, you get prompted and asked if you want to overwrite the already existing file. I choose "yes". it's a minor halt, and should be easily fixed. but every time this prompt comes up, wii scrubber won't function properly. it quits badly, and you have to stop the 2 wad2iso-processes from task manager before continuing.

I don't know why this happens or why it is so random.

thanks for a great program. it works (mostly).
wink.gif

All fixed
smile.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
the only other game I tested forwarded straight into the "invalid video format" I got.

Every game I have that gave the invalid video format message I fixed by changing the video mode.

They all work fine now PAL & NTSC wads

Give it a go - nothing to lose
wink.gif

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The resulting ISO file I got cannot be installed with WBFS. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The created dol (when renamed to boot.dol and tested via HBC) results in the following:

"ISFS_Open /title/(numbers and stuff)/content/title.tmd failed -1
Reading TMD Failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button"

I'm trying to get the game running from an emulated NAND that is on my SD card (or real NAND).

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@SwansonE

I'm pretty sure that is a message from triiforce (so the dol must be working). It either means that the title is not installed on nand dump or that for some reason triiforce can't read the device that the nand dump is on.

Does the game load OK when launched directly with triiforce?

If so what version of triiforce are you normally using to load it?

Make sure you have a working title correctly installed to nand dump before trying to launch it with a forwarder (2 forwarders in fact
smile.gif
)

Do your other titles work OK with the ISO forwarders?

These forwarders use craptriiforce mod22. You canot launch a title in real nand with them - that could be why the title is not found.

Now uses Triiforce beta 8 and can launch titles in real nand

There are channel forwarders for launching titles from real nand - different thing to these.

They can read from SD but I have found they are a bit picky with SD, thats why all my stuff is now on USB
wink.gif

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Windows 7 OEM 32bit. Will download a newer version. don't have any wiiware to try at the moment, but I'm sure it will be better. thanks for your support and effort. it has hopefully paid off.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a very buggy part in the Wii Scrubber it's extremely annoying and it won't load the partion due to the mouse pointer AI is dumb no offense and I'm not moving the mouse. Can you please fix this.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TrapperKeeperX said:
There is a very buggy part in the Wii Scrubber it's extremely annoying and it won't load the partion due to the mouse pointer AI is dumb no offense and I'm not moving the mouse. Can you please fix this.

I have just run it on 72 wad files - 32 mins later, 68 iso and dols and 4 dlc wads placed into a folder titled non-channel wad files.

I'm not really sure what there is to fix.

What OS are you using?

I presume you are using the latest version (has a brief splash screen at startup)

It's important to remember that this is just a script file that mimics what you would otherwise have to sit there and do (much slower).

That is why the pause and escape functions are there. If you really need to use the PC then pause the script, do your stuff and resume.

I personally just hit escape and run the thing again when I have finished.

If you don't already have it, give the latest version a go. That'll fix you up
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o