Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
orcanaoftime said:
Tristar,

thanks for a great program...very useful.
gbasp.gif

I was wondering how to use cheats with the ISO forwarders?

To be honest I have never used the cheats, but it will behave exactly the same as original Triiforce.

I believe that you put a correctly formatted .GCT cheat list into /apps/triiforce/codes/ ( if you check what to do with the original Triiforce and do the same - it will work
smile.gif
)

BTW - I would recommend that you download it again, as I discovered that I forgot to have it auto-select the first entry when in options which can cause a problem if you hit 'apply to file' without selecting a file first - that is now fixed
wink.gif

EDIT/ There seems to be some positive info here on using Ocarina

orcanaoftime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tristar said:
orcanaoftime said:
Tristar,

thanks for a great program...very useful.
gbasp.gif

I was wondering how to use cheats with the ISO forwarders?

To be honest I have never used the cheats, but it will behave exactly the same as original Triiforce.

I believe that you put a correctly formatted .GCT cheat list into /apps/triiforce/codes/ ( if you check what to do with the original Triiforce and do the same - it will work
smile.gif
)

BTW - I would recommend that you download it again, as I discovered that I forgot to have it auto-select the first entry when in options which can cause a problem if you hit 'apply to file' without selecting a file first - that is now fixed
wink.gif

EDIT/ There seems to be some positive info here on using Ocarina

I have games working with codes now, just had to do this>> SD:/Triiforce/codes, just like the post form Digital 1980 said and got the code manager, now it works great.

Thanks very much for the help Tristar!

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's Great - Happy cheating!
yaywii.gif

I think you will also be able to use USB:/Triiforce/codes if you select 'use Ocarina from USB' in the options page - not sure (cos I don't use Ocarina), but I think that's why that option is there (I point that out cos I'm an 'SD-Free' fan)
wink.gif

markcnz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi,

it took about 5 tries and a few hours but i finally got it from rapidshare.

Thanks mate! I'll let you know how it goes.

Update: All I can say really is fucking fantastic! Until I found your program I had tried multiple times to make these forwarders without success. A finally got a forwarder working thanks to you. For me, it works in WiiFlow but not in USB Loader GX

Thank you for putting this together.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
markcnz said:
hi,

For me, it works in WiiFlow but not in USB Loader GX

Hmm interesting - I'm hoping it's just the new loader that prevents it working in GX.

I'll look into that.
wink.gif

Working fine for me with GX - maybe worth checking you have a later revision of USBloader GX
smile.gif

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just now trying to figure all this NAND emulation stuff out, would love to be able to play WiiWare/VC from USB drive. Don't think I'm gonna mess with it until the newer cios revs support it though.

Still, I'm wondering about compatibility. Is the compatibility the same as this list here:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Triiforce_v0....n_compatibility

Or does installing the wads as isos increase or decrease compatibility? I'm thinking I might just wait until compatibility is a little better too.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
joshwill80 said:
Just now trying to figure all this NAND emulation stuff out, would love to be able to play WiiWare/VC from USB drive. Don't think I'm gonna mess with it until the newer cios revs support it though.

Still, I'm wondering about compatibility. Is the compatibility the same as this list here:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Triiforce_v0....n_compatibility

Or does installing the wads as isos increase or decrease compatibility? I'm thinking I might just wait until compatibility is a little better too.

That list seem to cover up to beta 7 - This loader is using beta 8 which does have more compatibility

The loader is Triiforce r78 modified to take settings from the ISO forwarder. Revisions 79 and 80 are not very stable (hence the use of r78).
Compatibility is as listed for Triiforce. It is now compatible with 249 rev 18, but I use 17 as I do not see any advantage in using 18.

As later revisions become more stable I will update the loader, and all that will be necessary is to change Loader.dol in the NandGames folder with the latest version to maintain the latest compatibility. No changes will be required to the ISO forwarders themselves.
smile.gif

My setup is 249 rev 17 - 250 from rev 19 - I set all my disc-based games to load with 250 in my usb loader and all wad titles to load with 222.

The reason that the triiforce dol has been renamed and moved is so that people don't think that you can just replace it with a different version of triiforce.dol, which will not work until it has been modified to correctly receive settings from the ISO loader.
You can copy the Loader.dol to /apps/triiforce/ and rename it to boot.dol and it will run. If you try to do the reverse with an unmodified version of Triiforce it will not work.
wink.gif

I have found compatibility to be extremely high and, for titles that do not load through EMU (or if online connectivity is required), I put these on real nand and select real nand in the options. This maintains 100% compatibility until the new cIOS is available - which hopefully will mean that the handful of titles I need to install to real nand will be reduced.

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks much for clearing things up
biggrin.gif
It made me curious about a few other things though...

1. Triiforce does not currently support online connectivity for WiiWare? Is that a possible future feature or something that is unlikely to ever happen?
2. I just want to move my WiiWare to my usb so that I can free up space on my SD card. You mentioned real nand. Can I launch my WiiWare through my usb loader to the Wii nand temporarily (would be like launching from my SD like I do now, but via usb instead)? If this is possible, is it an option I can select from my usb loader, or is it something I would have to set up before putting the iso's on the usb?
3. Your first post makes it sound like I just need my WiiWare wads to set all this up. I don't need a dump of my Wii nand?
4. I would like to keep ios 249 rev19 for running my disc based games off my fat32 drive. Can Triiforce be set to run from a different ios, or do I have to run rev 19 from a different ios as you have done?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
joshwill80 said:
1. Triiforce does not currently support online connectivity for WiiWare? Is that a possible future feature or something that is unlikely to ever happen?
Triiforce does not currently support online connectivity for WiiWare installed to emulated nand
Titles launched from real nand perform the same as launching them from the channel. Create forwarder ISO and set options to use 'real nand' for those titles on real nand
joshwill80 said:
2. I just want to move my WiiWare to my usb so that I can free up space on my SD card.
Copy the emu nand folders from SD to USB. The forwarder ISO are set to use USB nand by default. Create an ISO for each title and they will launch from USB nand (without online connectivity)
joshwill80 said:
3. Your first post makes it sound like I just need my WiiWare wads to set all this up. I don't need a dump of my Wii nand?
The program creates ISO forwarders from wad files
QUOTE(joshwill80 @ Apr 27 2010, 11:38 AM)
4. I would like to keep ios 249 rev19 for running my disc based games off my fat32 drive. Can Triiforce be set to run from a different ios, or do I have to run rev 19 from a different ios as you have done?
The loader can be set to re-load a different cIOS. This is in options but, of course you would have to install the different cIOS before it can be used.

The screen-shot of the options panel in the first post shows what options are available (exactly the same options as Triiforce)
Check out the Triiforce threads for an in-depth explanation of the features of Triiforce

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, well ran a test wad through the program to get a better idea of how this all works, understand it better now.

1. By setting the real nand option, I can launch the iso's from my usb loader just as if they were SD channels, correct?
2. How does the cover art feature work? Load an image instead of a wad and it creates the three covers?
3. Also related to covers, can CFG usb loader and other loaders download covers for these iso's?
4. I'm using fat32, so I have a wbfs folders. Do they iso's go into that folder as well?
5. Is using cios rev 17 only needed if using usb nand emulation? Since I'm just going to use real nand for now, I'm wondering if I can just stick with rev 19.

Thanks again for the help Tristar
yay.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THis is gonna be a dumb question but can you explain what it means by wiiware being on nand? Does this mean on the sd menu or....?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
joshwill80 said:
OK, well ran a test wad through the program to get a better idea of how this all works, understand it better now.

1. By setting the real nand option, I can launch the iso's from my usb loader just as if they were SD channels, correct?
2. How does the cover art feature work? Load an image instead of a wad and it creates the three covers?
3. Also related to covers, can CFG usb loader and other loaders download covers for these iso's?
4. I'm using fat32, so I have a wbfs folders. Do they iso's go into that folder as well?
5. Is using cios rev 17 only needed if using usb nand emulation? Since I'm just going to use real nand for now, I'm wondering if I can just stick with rev 19.

Thanks again for the help Tristar
yay.gif

1. By setting the real nand option, you can launch wad files that are installed to your real nand (and show up as channels in the system menu) as if they were disc - based games using your usb loader.

2. Instead of having to locate or design 3 types of covers to keep things pretty in your usb loader, you only need to locate / design either full cover or flat 2D cover. The program will use your 1 cover to produce the other two. (It does not create covers from nothing). The 3D cover is the tricky one, as an empty template is created in your wad2iso folder each time you run the program. Load it into a program like Publisher or Photoshop etc and have a play.

3. Some covers are available from the internet - you have to search.

4. Install' ISOs with Wii Backup Manager - regardless of what file system you have, it knows what to do with them
wink.gif

5. I do not think that Triiforce works with cIOS r19. Try it. You may find it will work if you are only using real nand, I don't know. If it does - let everyone know
smile.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
THis is gonna be a dumb question but can you explain what it means by wiiware being on nand? Does this mean on the sd menu or....?

There are numerous threads that cover setting up an emulated nand, just google something like "how to run wiiware from my usb drive" etc

Once you have a nand dump on your drive - you can use a program like Triiforce to play those games without filling up your real nand (system memory)

The advantage is that you can 'install' every wad game you own. The real nand would get full after just a few titles and you would have to keep swapping titles back and forth between the Wii nand and SD card.

Once you've mastered that, you'll probably find it would be easier if you could launch those games the same as any other game via your USB loader.

That's when you use Wad2ISO to make the ISO disc images, which you install the same as any other game and these act as 'shortcuts' or pointers to the titles you have installed in your emulated nand

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
1. By setting the real nand option, you can launch wad files that are installed to your real nand (and show up as channels in the system menu) as if they were disc - based games using your usb loader.

Ah, my mistake was thinking that the created iso's contained the wads within them, but the iso's are just shortcuts to the actual wads?

I was hoping to launch wiiware from my usb loader by having it copy the game to the wii nand temporarily (would be like launching wiiware from a "usb channel" instead of an sd channel). Is that possible through triiforce or any other means yet? I know that would defeat one of the purposes of emulated nand, but still something I would of liked to try.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to use a nand that already has wads installed to it? or fo you need one specifically for your wii

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
would it be possible to use a nand that already has wads installed to it? or fo you need one specifically for your wii

You can use a nand with wads already installed.

You then run Wad2ISO, choose the wadfiles of the titles that you have installed and it will make ISO shortcuts to the titles you have installed.

Or

You run Wad2ISO, choosing the wadfiles of the titles that you are going to install and it will make ISO shortcuts to the titles you intend to install.

In all cases the ISOs produced will only work once you have installed the titles into emu nand or real nand. Wad2ISO requires the wadfile to get the title id of the game so it can pass that, along with the options you select, to the Triiforce Loader.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used v3.0 to make all my iso forwarders and it worked great. I just recently formatted and i installed 3.2 and it still works fine, but it does not create any triiforwarders. i just tried to load a new iso i created and it blackscreened.

im using 4.1u, cios38rev17, hermes v4 222/223 v5 224 and cfg usb loader and using NTFS for loading ISOs. all i need is some triiforwarders so this will work. any chance you still got a link to 3.0? or if you can correct what im doing wrong, then i will gladly take your advice. thanks.

and i just double checked the emulated nand works fine. all the isos i just installed should be able to find the wad on the emulated nand. tested using triiforce mrcv9 and v10b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1