WiiUTablet - use the Gamepad as PC drawing tablet

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by PewnyPL, May 3, 2015.

1. Pelayo

Pelayo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    Error code 112-1007 Page couldn't be loaded.

2. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    This actually is pretty cool. Why scrap it?
    Makes the wii u have even more use.
    Plus if you have children who like drawing but you aren't sure if their interest in it will continue enough to warrant purchasing a drawpad this is quite useful.
    And to people who say you could go buy "insert whatever". The whole point of homebrew and all things free is to push whatever it is you just reversed to well beyond what the manufacturer intended. It also adds to the consoles value long after it is obsolete. Plus making things do what they weren't intended to do is just fun.

3. PewnyPL
    OP

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    The reason was simple, latency. There is a noticeable split-second delay between doing something on the gamepad and it appearing on the PC. It's somewhat disorienting and it is not something that can be in any way fixed (since it's a problem on the network transfer side, so a hardware issue, so to speak)

4. NhgrtPlayer

NhgrtPlayer Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2015
    France
    Hi, I really want ot use it, but I can't find a way to upload "index.html" (and using it in the first place), any idea ?

5. Pelayo

Pelayo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    I DID change the text in the files, I just don't know what to do... Could you post an example? I'd really want to try this out...

6. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Hard to do an example here. What I did was to host the HTML and JS file on my laptop using XAMPP, then on Wii U I went to the browser and put in my laptop's IP so it gets the page. The Jar file does not host the page by itself.

7. Pelayo

Pelayo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    Uuuhhh... :huh: Yeah... I think I'll wait for another application to come...:unsure:

8. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    The other alternative is to set up your computer as an Internet-accessible web server, have someone else host the files for you, and entrust anyone who gets your IP with control over your computer mouse.

9. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    No, you can host the webpage wherever the hell you want, but Wii U will only connect to the IP specified in the .js file, which is a local IP in the same network that the Wii U is in. So you could host it on google sites or something, put the local IP of your PC (let's say, 192.168.1.3) in the js and anyone else who launches it, will be trying to connect to that address on their OWN network.

10. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 7, 2010
    United States

Aka port forwarding what your JS connects to.

11. PewnyPL
    OP

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    He'd need to forward 2 ports then, the port for web server, and then the port for the tablet server (the jar file). And then, in the JS file he'd need to specify his public internet IP, not the private LAN IP.

12. Varmint

Varmint Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2015
    Luxembourg
    Sorry I still didn t got this.

Lets start with some questions.
    First question: On what system can I use it? Win 7 or Win 8 (I got both)
    Secend question: Where or what do I have to download it and how do I set it up? (A small installer would be very nice like tip in your local IP adress or something)
    Third question: How the f**k do I start this?
    Fourth question: Do I have to connect my Wii U with a USB to LAN connector or can I use Wifi?
    Fifth question: Can I also connect from a Wii U from somewhere very far away to my PC at home? (just in case I need it)

I hope you can answer me this question and help me to set it up because I don t have the money for a drawing pad with a display (I can t draw without seeing where my pen hits)

Maybe do a little tutorial video with some simple instructions.

13. gamerfan201

gamerfan201 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    United States
    can you show a video how to do it

Retr0C4ndy and NhgrtPlayer like this.
  14. Retr0C4ndy

Retr0C4ndy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2018
    Israel
    Can someone please make a video tutorial of how to do this, I can't figure this out.

15. termitavee

termitavee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    I'm not sure hoy but I'd like to do some improvements to this. Great job :D

for people who ask for tutorials: it's easy to use but I'm too lazy for prepare a video, you need two servers:

(1) the typical one that gives you a HTML file (your own PC with apache works or any free host) (inside html folder)

(2) the jar file that will communicate your PC with wiiU browser. (inside java folder)

Prepare/launch both servers, go to (1) in the wiiU and should work (make sure you read the instructions beforehand)

And for people asking for a disntant wiiU, afaik it COULD be possible but not right now, you have to configure your router and user the public IP

markehmus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice