jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
if you have a pal wiiu, you are for example forced to have composite/scart and cant switch to composite/s-video and on a ntsc wiiu theres the opposite issue, also there seem to be quite a few video modes normally not accessable, if somebody has a 3d tv I do wonder if the 720p 3d setting actually works for that person because it does seem to be an option.
a 720p 3D setting? Wowzers! I guess the Wii U is sorta like a N3DS XXXXXXXXL!

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
@FIX94 is there any way you can adapt this program so that it boots the vWii in 480p whilst leaving the WiiU side in 1080p?

Reason being is the 480p vWii looks so much better when the TV handles the upscaling as opposed to the Wii U doing it but changing the settings manually is a bit meh.

Thanks

Reactions: azy77

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FIX94 is there any way you can adapt this program so that it boots the vWii in 480p whilst leaving the WiiU side in 1080p?

Reason being is the 480p vWii looks so much better when the TV handles the upscaling as opposed to the Wii U doing it but changing the settings manually is a bit meh.

Thanks
That would be an entirely different undertaking - it would take two things. A program to boot vWii in 480p native graphics without manually switching, and a modified CFW to automatically set the Wii U back to 1080p upon reboot. This program is just a proof of concept if you think about it. Besides, while the Wii U's upscaling might not look the best (subjective), it would almost certainly be faster than letting your display handle it.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
That would be an entirely different undertaking - it would take two things. A program to boot vWii in 480p native graphics without manually switching, and a modified CFW to automatically set the Wii U back to 1080p upon reboot. This program is just a proof of concept if you think about it. Besides, while the Wii U's upscaling might not look the best (subjective), it would almost certainly be faster than letting your display handle it.

Thanks for the clarification, if you haven't tried it, you should before speaking on it as you'll see the difference clearly yourself. As for your other points:

The TVs upscaler in my (and quite a few other members cases) looks objectively much better than the Wii Us crappy scaler as its a night and day difference and my display handling it is actually faster than letting the Wii U process. Win/Win for me.

Only issue is having to change video modes back and forth is cumbersome :/

My thoughts were along the lines of editing the vWii side of things to switch the output as I'd read that all Wii U side things get unloaded when you're in vWii mode and that it must just be checking a variable flag to what its output is therefore it should be relatively easy to edit said files to make it output 480p exclusively in vWii whilst leaving Wii U at 1080p.

More than one way to skin a cat.

HailAndStormCats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, on the app it says the 50hz modes gltich out the gamepad. I rebooted my console when it was set to 1080p 50hz, and the gamepad worked. Not sure it it switched it to standard 1080p, but ok.

TeleTubby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the clarification, if you haven't tried it, you should before speaking on it as you'll see the difference clearly yourself. As for your other points:

The TVs upscaler in my (and quite a few other members cases) looks objectively much better than the Wii Us crappy scaler as its a night and day difference and my display handling it is actually faster than letting the Wii U process. Win/Win for me.

Only issue is having to change video modes back and forth is cumbersome :/

My thoughts were along the lines of editing the vWii side of things to switch the output as I'd read that all Wii U side things get unloaded when you're in vWii mode and that it must just be checking a variable flag to what its output is therefore it should be relatively easy to edit said files to make it output 480p exclusively in vWii whilst leaving Wii U at 1080p.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Oh yes, I would second that request!

Just take a look at this video:

Isn't there someone able to do that?

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but with Tiramisu launching is there a possibility of making this a program that can be ran at launch using a button combination? I plan on using my Wii U with component and HDMI for different things, so having a faster switching option would be cool! Not 100% necessary but was wondering if it would be possible.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Yes. There’s a way to do that:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could someone make a channel for this app, please?

This is absolutely amazing, just reading it now. Thanks for sharing. @Maschell can we integrate this awesomeness into Tiramisu somehow? 480p vWii FTW!

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have tried tiramisu yesterday and it works great. I used to use this homebrew but I grew tired of executing it every time. If there is an implementation for tiramisu, that would be great

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz