WiiU Homebrew Development

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by deformyer, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Oh, you mean a homebrew NUSD. a homebrew which would download game updates from NUS and save directly to SD:/install/TitleID/version/ ?
    That could be done, but it will be slower than done from computer (1MB/s limited wifi), imagine downloading the SSBU update which is 2GB...

The idea is good, it's always great to have choices and lot of homebrew projects.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.

2. Blitzur

Blitzur Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    Gambia, The
    oh yeah you are right. why are the servers even able to handle 10,5 mb/s when wiiu is restricted so slow ... is usb ethernet faster?
    But for small files on the go it would be "okay" i guess :D better than nothing :P

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Ethernet is limited too.
    I don't know how to remove that cap from a homebrew side. I think it download fast when it's downloading officially from NUS (from eshop etc.), it seems to be limited only when initialized by a homebrew.

Blitzur likes this.
  4. Blitzur

Blitzur Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So i got it to work, that i can use an Variable in the path from where to install.
    Now i need to find out how i can read a folders name ... :D
    And then print it to the screen so you can chose it. The name of the folder can be anything but i think spaces are not allowed (e.g MarioKart8UpdatevXX)
    I am looking throug the hbl source but its not that easy for me :( maybe someone has an idea? :)

edit://does somebody know what programm dimok uses to read his log_prints?? :)

Last edited by Blitzur, Jul 25, 2016
  5. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    Interesting that it downloads at 1.25MB/s, almost like it's being forced in some T10 state.
    Could we be missing a init string somewhere ?

6. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/tree/master/udp_debug_reader

It could very well be the case, but I have not looked into networking code on the Wii U very much.

Last edited by brienj, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Hey,
    for everyone that want a clean project, just for patching functions, I created a small example project.
    https://github.com/Maschell/function-patcher-example

note: once you aquired the .rpl you can patch ANY function of this rpl, not only the one in the dynamic libs.

I also improved the patcher a bit (Using the KernelCopyData function like loadiine, splitted the patcher and functions etc.)
    Hopefully this will help some people :P

rw-r-r_0644 and brienj like this.
  8. baselhamad

baselhamad "F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Bethlehem, West Bank. Palestine
    guys, can someone tell me what IOSU can do in the wii u console? tell me features or something new about IOSU

9. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Would you mind elaborating on that Patch project and what it does exactly?
    Would it be possible to like patch an RPL upon boot, let's say, a VC title like N64 and patch it to make it full screen + no gamma correction without modifying the base RPL/RPX?

Or am I getting it wrong?

10. Derverd

Derverd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2014
    Mars?
    Someone should port Osu! to WiiU. I feel like the gamepad would be great for it.

11. kostas sfirakis

kostas sfirakis GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Greece
    crete
    what about geometry dash? x"D

12. Comedor

Comedor GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2007
    Brazil
    I'm 100 out of the loop.

Any news on HDD USB support?

13. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    there's no definite answer to that yet as there has been no updates or news regarding features or an exact release date for iosu hack etc but one thing for sure, if you are familiar with Wii hacking in the past, the experience would be similar (example: copy disc games to HDD directly, install wads to Menu, have emulators ready at your fingertips and most importantly a permanent hack, no need to initiate everytime you boot the console), but as i've said, we don't know what's gonna come, those are all speculations, wild guesses, unicorn farts in the air, so take it with a grain of salt or pepper if that's your thing.. :)

baselhamad likes this.
  14. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    :blink:

also I'm watching this thread now

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  15. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    :)

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    there is no and i mean not s asingle statemente that they found a boot exploit to make iosu permanent, what will happen is you need to start iosu everytime just like kernel exploit, without anyone ever mentioning a boot exploit you will never ever have permanent hacks.

owek1 likes this.
  17. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    i meant to say, if the day comes when we have a permanent hack on Wii U in the future then the features would be similar to what we have in the Wii or virtual Wii right now or there will be no changes as to what we have now..

Last edited by owek1, Sep 16, 2016
  18. kostas sfirakis

Sep 14, 2015
    Greece
    crete
    @deformyer update the op please there are lots of things going on homebrew scene since october

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yes there is with haxi hacking using a selected nds VC you basicaly have a permanent offline hack all you need to do is select the ds vc title only and launches the homebrew channel that is basicaly a homebrew channel launcher that needs no online or network just the sd card inserted.

Last edited by pedro702, Nov 13, 2016
    kostas sfirakis and owek1 like this.
  20. kostas sfirakis

Sep 14, 2015
    Greece
    crete
    also the Brazilian exploit

owek1 likes this.