Homebrew WiiU FTP Server (use WUT, fix inject failures and increase bandwith)

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The app store version yeah. FTPiiU_Everywhere v0.4u2 by dimok and fix94.
The one with "for CBHC" in the icon.

Ok, thanks,

That's weird, this version gives me lower transfert rate on my side...
Have you checked the 2 versions at the same moment (in same conditions) ?

For the returning to HBL menu issue, i'm aware of that but i'd like to focus on the bandwith first.
Have a nice day

Last edited by Laf111,

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Laf111,

rjwboys2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTES :
The server does not implement the MTDM function (and so does not preserves files timestamps) but now displays the correct dates

will this ever get Implemented... my ftp client of choice which I'm, used to Filezilla seems to always want to use mtdm and failed the upload when it tries to use it, i read a different post to use a different ftp winscp... i found a alternative for Linux crossftp but its
confusing

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
will this ever get Implemented... my ftp client of choice which I'm, used to Filezilla seems to always want to use mtdm and failed the upload when it tries to use it, i read a different post to use a different ftp winscp... i found a alternative for Linux crossftp but its
confusing

No and i don't think it is possible (system functions are buggy and not stables).

I recommend you WinScp where you can define the criterion to use.

EDIT : in FilleZilla, the setting seems to be in Menu / View / Directories comparison / Compare filesize

Last edited by Laf111,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this just now (the channel version). the incomplete injection might be what happened to @MikaDubbz with his menu. I used ftpii u everywhere as well with that same menu, and it would start, then stop, start then stop at about 50KB/s. I didn't think it went through, but I compared the sizes of the original file with what was uploaded and they were the same. menu works, but boy did it take a while for something so small (maybe 2 minutes with ftpii u everywhere). I've only tested this ftp app with deleting the channel version install files from the install folder. the real test will be while MikaDubbz releases his dark menu. ;)

rjwboys2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and i don't think it is possible (system functions are buggy and not stables).

I recommend you WinScp where you can define the criterion to use.

yeah i got winscp running under WINE now and it works great after i changed how it called for directories as it wasn't listing the sdcard till i told it to not MLSD for directory listing
EDIT : in FilleZilla, the setting seems to be in Menu / View / Directories comparison / Compare filesize

that didn't do anything about MTDM it still used it after i messed with that setting, all it did was put colors in the two windows to show file size differences, read online the Filezilla forums and... it seems others are have trouble with it, told the DEV, and the DEV doesn't care... and saw on the people that make the code for ftp forgot which forum i found it on as i can't find it in my history lol, said that FileZilla isn't following the rules of RFC and is using the wrong code for setting time stamps and should be useing MFMT

also found quarks of FileZilla and crossftp before i used winscp,
both had trouble deleteing files,
filezilla couldn't transfer files over due to mtdm of course

oh and none can rename, not even winscp have to delete then transfer over the correct named file
of course that could be that im running winscp via wine on ubuntu lunix... but the responce is 550 success

Last edited by rjwboys2,
Reactions: Laf111

AlexoC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, I tried use channel version, and it works.
Before with ftpiiu everywhere the transfer was usually 100 KiB/s with FileZilla
Now the transfer is 700 KiB/s (with FileZilla :P )
Thanks so much!

EDIT: After a while, the app goes crazy and passes all the files at once, obviously passing all the files wrong

Last edited by AlexoC,
Reactions: depaul and Laf111

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After a while, the app goes crazy and passes all the files at once, obviously passing all the files wrong

Thank you for your feedback.
I'm aware of this. Set only 1 simultaneous transfert on your FTP client seems to avoid issues.
Next version will fix the max simultaneous transferts to 1

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT: After a while, the app goes crazy and passes all the files at once, obviously passing all the files wrong

2021/09/01 V5-2 :
> mount NAND paths ONLY if asked (by pressing B) : a very good idea from Masana@GBATemp, thanks!!!
> if auto shudown feature is enabled, pressing DOWN toggle the feature OFF/ON
> add a verbose mode for server log (disable by default) that can be toggled with UP
> longer value for internal timeout to avoid data transfer deconnexions
> only 1 simultaneous tranfers for up/download (fix deconnexion and others issues)
> WUT is now also used for HBL version (since now it performs like dynamic libs one)
> add some socket optimizations :
- Leave received OOB data in line (SO_OOBINLINE)
- Disable slow start feature (SO_NOSLOWSTART)
- Socket memory optimization (thanks to V10lator@GBATemp for your support!!!)
> now channel version exit to Wii-u Menu

Last edited by Laf111,

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2021/09/02 V6 :
> fix a display issue when exit (missing a draw call)
> + 10% speed (UL/DL) with using a double sized buffer (corresponding to the size
really allocated by the system when using setsockopt on SO_RCVBUF & SO_SNDBUF)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apr2zdKB1g7fgwGjHRA9C3GTxpUx?e=XWAnYu
s!Apr2zdKB1g7fgwGjHRA9C3GTxpUx

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: meeeow and Masana

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great tool! Big speed improvement, and the possibility to just mount the sd card and to return to the menu are nice features.
Being able to add a USER:PW is probably not necessary since the server is only running for a short time (and in a private network)

I do a backup of my sd-card using the rsync command on a linux os from time to time. From time to time, because I am to lazy to take the card to my computer, start it, do the backup, bring it back. Given the speed improvement, I wrote a bash script that uses lftp's mirror command.

Well, the syncing gets slow in (sub)directories with many files like "retroarch/assets/xmb/*/png" (I don't know why but it works perfectly for quickly backing up some save game / configuration files). Anyway, in case anyone is interested in using and/or improving it:

#!/bin/bash
#USER="user"
#PASS="pw"
#HOST="192.168.foo.bar"
#URL="ftp://$USER:$PASS@$HOST"
URL="192.168.foo.bar"
LOCAL_DIR="/your/local/dir"
REMOTE_DIR="storage_sdcard"

# delete option is disabled by default
#DELETE="--delete"

# do the mirroring
lftp $URL <<EOF
set ftp:use-mdtm off
mirror --verbose \
$DELETE \
$REMOTE_DIR $LOCAL_DIR \
--exclude retroarch/assets/assets/xmb \
--exclude retroarch/assets/cheats \
--exclude install \
--exclude games \
--exclude wbfs
EOF

# some templates for exclude-glob
# --exclude-glob a-dir-to-exclude/ \
# --exclude-glob a-file-to-exclude \
# --exclude-glob a-file-group-to-exclude* \
# --exclude-glob other-files-to-exclude"

Last edited by meeeow,

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2021/10/12 V6-1 :

> Wii-U PRO controller and WiiMote support. Thanks godreborn@GBATemp for testing!
> tweaks for maximum performance :
+10% DL speed compare to V6
+70% UL speed (UL is now faster than DL)
> enhance robustness (fix errors -99, -100, ENOMEM, ECONABORTED...). thanks Masana@GBATemp for testing!
> add a NAND backup/restore process :
- when you choose to mount NAND paths, if no backup is found in WiiuFtpServer app folder on the SDcard,
create a partial (2MB) or a FULL system files NAND backup (500MB free on SD card are requiered)
- if you brick your Wii-U with NO NETWORK AVAILABLE (so you can't start FTP) : restore only the files
needed (partial backup ones) to get WiiuFtpServer working again (then unbrick as the usual way)

bandwith.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk