PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
is it possible to play the games in 4:3 screen format?
i tried both 4:3 and 16:9 screen options but both of them stretched the image to fill the screen. so what's the difference?

playing them stretched on a 4K screen doesn't look that good :)
i'm not a fan of stretching when it comes to old games, it ruins the image.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to play the games in 4:3 screen format?
i tried both 4:3 and 16:9 screen options but both of them stretched the image to fill the screen. so what's the difference?

playing them stretched on a 4K screen doesn't look that good :)
i'm not a fan of stretching when it comes to old games, it ruins the image.
Isn’t that what 16:9 Forced does? It adds black bars on the sides if I recall correctly, so the game is the original 4:3. I think it loses some detail though because the black bars make up some of the limited Wii output, so it won’t be a perfect recreation of actual 4:3 output.

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For me the last thing this emulator would need to be flawless is PSX mouse support, games like Starblade Alpha or Galaxian3 would be amazing with wii remote controls.
Post automatically merged:

You have dithering enabled, that's why Re-Volt is running slowly. Set dithering to off and also enable frameskip (completely unnoticeable in this game since it already skips many frames) and you'll get full speed.
or chaos control...

I tested quite a few games, all in Lightrec and CHD only and here are the results
Games that works well (Gameplay - Audio/Video)
Air Combat / Ace Combat 3 / Bugriders / Criticom / Formula 1 / Harry Potter - Chamber Of Secret / Mobil 1 Rally / Olympic Soccer / Rally Cross / Return Fire / Rollcage / Shadow Man / Warcraft 2 / Wipeout 3 / Wu-Tang Shaolin / Disruptor
Games that don't work:
Need For Speed High Stakes - crashes and code dumps at the start of a race
Need For Speed Porsche - freezes at the screen before a race
Andretti Racing - when entering the race the joystick no longer works
Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver - crashes after a few minutes of gameplay
Italian Job - crashes during the speech before the first mission
Uprising X - crashes and code dumps when starting a game
Vanishing Point - crashes and gives a black screen immediately after the screen before the menu
WCW Backstage - crashes and code dumps just before starting a match
Also having the previous builds, the problem with these games using Lightrec took over with the latest improved builds for the F1 / Formula One games (requested by me by the way 🤣🤣) playing them on the v2.4 15 build (in which it had been fixed the interpreter situation that no longer worked) I don't have any of these problems
Vanishing Point - crashes and gives a black screen immediately after the screen before the menu... I was playing it recently and it worked without a problem (use version and I use the PSP bios)

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
or chaos control...

Vanishing Point - crashes and gives a black screen immediately after the screen before the menu... I was playing it recently and it worked without a problem (use version and I use the PSP bios)
yeah, most problems are because of people not using the real PSX BIOS (not having the SCPH1001.BIN into wiisxrx/bios and/or not enabling the options "Select Bios" as "SD"/"USB" and "Boot Through Bios" enabled at "Yes")

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
yeah, most problems are because of people not using the real PSX BIOS (not having the SCPH1001.BIN into wiisxrx/bios and/or not enabling the options "Select Bios" as "SD"/"USB" and "Boot Through Bios" enabled at "Yes")
Now I saw that it was a list of games made using chd as the format of the games :mellow: ... maybe that's it. I use bin/cue and it worked fine there. in chd I didn't try

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I use the PSP 6.60 PSX BIOS. Is there a compatibility issue with this compared the 1001 BIOS?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I use the PSP 6.60 PSX BIOS. Is there a compatibility issue with this compared the 1001 BIOS?
i don't think so... the only difference i saw from the actual SCPH1001 BIOS is that the PSP PS1 BIOS removed the "Sony Computer Entertainment" logo and the text behind the "Licensed by SCEA/SCEE/SCEI".

Another difference that it gives a tiny speedup in some games.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think so... the only difference i saw from the actual SCPH1001 BIOS is that the PSP PS1 BIOS removed the "Sony Computer Entertainment" logo and the text behind the "Licensed by SCEA/SCEE/SCEI".

Another difference that it gives a tiny speedup in some games.

I know about the speedup and the licence region removal as well as the CD player and memory card manger being removed, which is why I also use it with POPStarter on PS2 (USB).

I was simply inquiring about game compatibility.

Reactions: 0arsoluto

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
or chaos control...

Yeah I tried Need For Speed Porsche and The Italian Job and they worked just fine for me too. I am using bin/cue and the NTSC versions. I would definitely recommend anyone testing to remove all possible variables for what can cause something to not work and also to try both PAL and NTSC regions to see if they both work.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
New Changes :D:D

Screenshot_20230928-092923.png

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another great update! Does this incorporate the CHD update by SaulFabre? I don’t really understand pull requests and merging and stuff.
Yes, although when I tried Rayman 2 in CHD format it crashes after a minute or so, while bin/cue doesn't crash. So I wouldn't consider CHD support stable yet. But it is possible I was using a bad CHD conversion.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil

pounch

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another small update that adds a button to unlock the frame rate.

480i is now also forced when both 240p and interlaced are selected. This allows the TV or scaler to do the de-interlacing even when 480p is selected in the Wii settings menu.
Super news but why force 480i mode when interlacing and 240p is selected instead of just interlacing regardless of 240p

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Super news but why force 480i mode when interlacing and 240p is selected instead of just interlacing regardless of 240p
When 240p mode is not selected, the emulator can stretch the image if the games resolution is different from the TV resolution. A stretched image wouldn't be de-interlaced correctly.

I might add a "Stretch Image" option to solve this at some point.

@Jokippo

thanks for another update!

A bug report from 240p_v16. Even when I saved the setting for Limit FPS as "Auto", it keeps going too fast (unlimited FPS) and the FPS limit isn't being applied when i boot. More noticeable in BIOS and most games.
Yeah, I will look into that, but I think it should only happen in the bios intro, not once the game has started.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
When 240p mode is not selected, the emulator can stretch the image if the games resolution is different from the TV resolution. A stretched image wouldn't be de-interlaced correctly.

I might add a "Stretch Image" option to solve this at some point.

Yeah, I will look into that, but I think it should only happen in the bios intro, not once the game has started.
Unfortunately this issue also happens once the game has booted (tested Rayman 2 and the intro is way too fast, like it was speeded up to hell)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    hello silly pirate soldiers :)
    +1
    @SylverReZ NIntendo pretty much has to release a new console by next year in order to keep making moneys imo
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol